Hi guys,
    After ages of constantly falling out with my BOLD 9700 after it freezing after everything i do, i mean everything, ive decided that i am finally going to be moving to a new phone, perhaps the Nexus S. Im just wondering that as you cannot buy this phone on Orange, the only alternative is an Unlocked one. Im just wondering if i bought an unlocked Nexus S would it work as normal and work fine on my Orange 3G SIM card?
    Any help?
    Cheers and please reply
    07-03-11 07:47 AM
    So you've had your second hand 9700 since tuesday? You are way overdue for an upgrade friend.
    07-03-11 07:54 AM
    what you mean since tuesday? thats when i joined the site, ive had it over 6 months? and i want to buy a nexus *out of contract*
    07-03-11 07:57 AM
    Well then go to the Nexus site to find out how it works.
    07-03-11 07:59 AM
    Well then go to the Nexus site to find out how it works.
    Already done it, doesnt say anything about Networks
    07-03-11 08:00 AM
    Well this is a Blackberry site, could care less what you do with your Android.
    Crude Berry likes this.
    07-03-11 08:04 AM
    you didnt have to comment.
    .cw54o likes this.
    07-03-11 08:11 AM
    Uncalled for. Yes, this is a BB site, but that doesn't mean people can't talk about other phones here. He trusts CB for help, as do I, more then other phone sites. We don't need any bashing on this site. He wasn't trolling or anything. It was a legitimate question that was easily answerable since BB's can be unlocked as well.

you didnt have to comment.
    +1

As for your question, if it is unlocked, you should be able to put any carriers SIM card into the phone and it will work properly. I tested out my unlocked Torch with my friends rogers SIM card, (Which wasn't from a smartphone) and it worked perfectly except for data services.
    geevesy likes this.
    07-03-11 08:17 AM
    07-03-11 08:20 AM
    Maybe check with Orange if you have to change plans. Some telco's have special Blackberry plans that include BIS, data etc. You may get more allowance with another similar plan that will utilise the Android phone more - for the same money.
    And if you are going to sell your Blackberry, make sure the PIN is released from Orange.
    07-03-11 08:22 AM
    Maybe check with Orange if you have to change plans. Some telco's have special Blackberry plans that include BIS, data etc. You may get more allowance with another similar plan that will utilise the Android phone more - for the same money.
    And if you are going to sell your Blackberry, make sure the PIN is released from Orange.
    Just a quick one, what does releasing the pin do? , does it mean that the person i sell it too wont be able to use it?
    07-03-11 08:31 AM
    Releasing the PIN means they will be able to use it for email and BBM etc. If you don't release the PIN from your telco, it's a bloody pain for them to get it done.
    07-03-11 08:35 AM
    With the Nortel Patents acquisition by the RIM coalition, there is talk that the objective is to stop Google's Android Platform. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I love my 9700 BB. It is a solid device and have nothing but praise for the device!
    07-03-11 09:09 AM
    The 9700 rocks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 09:12 AM
    This is what I've always hated about some BB users, they get nasty and hostile if you talk negative about a BB.

Dude, get a grip, no one is sleeping with your wife. Calm down.

Amazing....
    Last edited by wayneholbrook; 07-03-11 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
    07-03-11 09:22 AM
    This is what I've always hated about some BB users, they get nasty and hostile if you talk negative about a BB.

Amazing....
    Youre confused when people on a Blackberry forum get annoyed when users of other platforms come on said Blackberry forum and talk negative about Blackberries? Often while being completely unwilling to accept flaws in other platforms? Seems to kinda make sense to me...

What is it with you and sleeping with peoples wives, this is the second similar statement youve made in about 2 or 3 days!!!
    07-03-11 09:31 AM

Amazing....
    A bit too dramatic here......
    07-03-11 09:33 AM

Amazing....
    That is what I've always disliked about some CB users, they get stupid and hostile and start slagging Blackberry

Dude, get a grip, don't be so melodramatic. Calm down.

Amazing....
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    07-03-11 09:48 AM
    Hi guys,
    After ages of constantly falling out with my BOLD 9700 after it freezing after everything i do, i mean everything, ive decided that i am finally going to be moving to a new phone, perhaps the Nexus S. Im just wondering that as you cannot buy this phone on Orange, the only alternative is an Unlocked one. Im just wondering if i bought an unlocked Nexus S would it work as normal and work fine on my Orange 3G SIM card?
    Any help?
    Cheers and please reply
    While I couldn't say for sure, I would assume you should have no problem. I just bought a Nexus S yesterday to try an Android phone out and was surprised to find out that all the Nexus S' that are sold are unlocked so you can use them on any carrier (well, Bell, Telus or Rogers in Canada anyways). If Orange has the 9700, it should be GSM no? In that case you should be fine.

When in doubt, buy and try... and return if not. (If you are able to do that, that is...).
    07-03-11 10:12 AM
    Youre confused when people on a Blackberry forum get annoyed when users of other platforms come on said Blackberry forum and talk negative about Blackberries? Often while being completely unwilling to accept flaws in other platforms? Seems to kinda make sense to me...

What is it with you and sleeping with peoples wives, this is the second similar statement youve made in about 2 or 3 days!!!
    That was good, you got me!
    07-03-11 10:16 AM
    Just a quick one, what does releasing the pin do? , does it mean that the person i sell it too wont be able to use it?
    You're going to resell it? I thought you said it was defective.

07-03-11 10:17 AM
    You're going to resell it? I thought you said it was defective.

Can always sell as Repairs? Phone still works brilliantly but just wont do this update, which bugs me, A lot.
    07-06-11 03:28 PM
    You should have no problem using your SIM in the Nexus S. If it is an unlocked phone, it is easy, peasy, lemon squeezey!
    07-07-11 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD