I saw a BG blurb about the Incredible and I'm pretty up on the N1. What do you think the main difference between them will be, if any? Do you think they're basically the same phone with different carriers? I see that Vzn's getting the N1 in a couple weeks. Who gets the Incredible? Thanks, I can't find much on search.
    03-08-10 08:51 PM
    Incredible is rumored to be a Verizon phone with a red back on it... that's what all the blog posts say about it.
    03-08-10 10:11 PM
    Both will be on VZW. N1 and HTC incredible will have almost same specs all around except the incredible will have 256mb RAM.

The main difference is that the n1 will have stock 2.1, whereas the HTC incredible will have 2.1 sense UI.

Hope that helps, I'm too lazy to type more from my phone.
    03-08-10 10:11 PM
    Personally, I'm going with the N1 with more RAM. That is, of course, unless I decide to just wait for a 4G device -- might happen here in L.A./O.C. later this year.

Trying...to...be...patient.
    03-08-10 11:40 PM
    The differences in the rumor mill are
    1. Incredible will only have 256mb.
    2. Incredible will have a funky red back covering and side buttons.
    3. Incredible will have an optical pad as oppose to the trackball that the N1 has.
    4. And the incredible will have Sense UI.

Other than that the hardware is the same. Screen.... Processor.... Blah blah blah
    Last edited by skyys; 03-30-10 at 04:05 AM.
    03-09-10 02:59 AM
    The differences in the rumor mill are
    1. Incredible will only have 256mb.
    2. Incredible will have a funky red back covering and side buttons.
    3. Incredible will have an optical pad as oppose to the trackball that the N1 has.
    4. And the incredible will have Sensie UI.

Other than that the hardware us the same. Screen.... Processor.... Blah blah blah
    Could the Incredible's software be loaded on to the N1, to get the Sense UI there? If the hardware's the same, I'd think that would work.
    03-09-10 04:55 AM
    i'm not waitin for 4g phones to come out. we won't see that until after this year. nexus one it is!
    03-09-10 06:31 AM
    Could the Incredible's software be loaded on to the N1, to get the Sense UI there? If the hardware's the same, I'd think that would work.
    You can get Sense UI on the Nexus one, they ported it a few weeks back
    03-09-10 08:05 AM
    Sense UI don't make Sense to me. I am going Nexus all the way. Hate Sense UI and it makes Sense.
    03-09-10 08:22 AM
    You can get Sense UI on the Nexus one, they ported it a few weeks back
    And what about the reverse? If I wanted to run stock Android on the Incredible instead of Sense, could I do it?

I say this because I worry about UI updates for Sense taking longer than stock Android updates (I imagine that the HTC folks would have to update Sense each time Android releases a new OS update, whereas running Android stock one could get updates right away).
    03-09-10 08:51 AM
    Thanks, that helps. I know the N1 is due out March 23. Is the Incredible just a rumor or is there any clue as to a release? I'm guessing that Vzn will let the N1 sell for 3-6 months before confusing us with a similar phone, but the Droid will only have been out about 4 months before the N1. I think the N1 is superior to the Droid if only because it eliminates the dorky keyboard so it'll be cooler looking if nothing else. I've got nothing against the Droid, just hoping for better.
    03-09-10 09:50 AM
    Sense UI don't make Sense to me. I am going Nexus all the way. Hate Sense UI and it makes Sense.
    Wow...thanks and sounds like a new book from Dr. Seuss. sorry if that offends you...just had to say it.
    03-09-10 11:12 AM
    They way I see it HTC has 2 models that they are manufacturing. The Nexus 1, Passion, Desire, and Bravo(Rumored) are all the same model. There are differences for Radio/Network, and TrackPad vs Track Ball. Everything else seems to be the same from a Hardware perspective. The second Model appears to be the HD2, Incredible, and SuperSonic. Again physically they all look the same, but apparently run on different networks (GSM, CDMA, WiMax), and in the case of the HD2 on different OS's. Only thing there is that the HD2 supposedly has an LCD screen, but Incredible was rumored to be AMOLED. (Honestly, I think the Incredible is the device most like the N1 that VZW will have so people are assuming it is an N1 with Sense, which I don't think it is) So think about it like the Ford Explorer vs Mercury Mountaineer vs Lincoln Aviator. Basically the same Truck from a body, engine, tranny perspective, but the finish and options are different. That being said, I think the Incredible has 512 Ram same as the HD2, but hat it was limited in early evaluation devices and that started the rumored about 256. VZW may be dropping the Incredible at the same Time as the N1, especially if they can't sell the N1 in their stores. In any event, i don't know if it will be 3-6 months between N1 and Incredible, but I think both are delayed due to screen issues.

If you have the time and want to learn all there is to know Rumor or otherwise about the Incredible go here:

***Official HTC Incredible Thread*** - Android Forums
    03-09-10 11:35 AM
    03-09-10 12:03 PM
    Aha, so maybe either Verizon will only offer the Incredible (in the stores of course-they like to pimp their stuff in the stores), or perhaps they'll offer both (N1 online maybe for less money). I'd sure like to see these 2 badboys drop very soon. I got out of my Tmob 2 year contract for $35 (I had a year to go) so hellooo Big Red!
    03-09-10 01:54 PM
    Aha, so maybe either Verizon will only offer the Incredible (in the stores of course-they like to pimp their stuff in the stores), or perhaps they'll offer both (N1 online maybe for less money). I'd sure like to see these 2 badboys drop very soon. I got out of my Tmob 2 year contract for $35 (I had a year to go) so hellooo Big Red!
    It seems Google is holding firm on selling the Nexus 1 online themselves. So I don't think VZW will be carrying it in their stores. You can buy it online from Google and activate it on VZW. That's why a lot of people are thinking the Incredible will drop very soon so that VZW can show a customer something in store who comes looking for an N1. But this is all speculation at this point. Look at that thread i linked. It has like 60-70 pages! It is like a OS Leak thread in the storm forums. : )
    03-09-10 02:45 PM
    The Incredible better not have the 3G problem that T-Mobile Nexus Ones have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 02:59 PM
    Hmm I don't remember where the article was, but I read that VZW will have the Nexus in store. This was either yesterday or during the weekend.
    03-09-10 03:03 PM
    Hmm I don't remember where the article was, but I read that VZW will have the Nexus in store. This was either yesterday or during the weekend.
    I do hope so. I am dying to play around with it. I just read something that Sachs reforcasted the expected sales numbers because google is only selling it on line and not really advertising it. They were basically saying that it needs to be in Brick and Mortar to male decent sales numbers. Or at least advertise it.

03-09-10 03:49 PM
    I do hope so. I am dying to play around with it. I just read something that Sachs reforcasted the expected sales numbers because google is only selling it on line and not really advertising it. They were basically saying that it needs to be in Brick and Mortar to male decent sales numbers. Or at least advertise it.

Hmm found the article I was reading, do hope it's true.

Verizon to have Nexus One in retail stores?
    03-09-10 05:40 PM
    i hope so too, i actually went into a tmobile store to look at a N1, but they dont carry it
    03-09-10 07:06 PM
    Hmm found the article I was reading, do hope it's true.

Verizon to have Nexus One in retail stores?
    Unfortunately, there is nothing solid to rely on N1 being in stores. For example, here is something that claims otherwise.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-in...d-eris-verizon
    03-10-10 03:32 AM
    03-10-10 01:11 PM
    Hope this is true!
    03-10-10 01:29 PM
    I'm leaning towards the N1 since it appears as if the Incredible has been underclocked to 768 mHz.
    03-12-10 09:52 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD