More good news the Nook 2 is coming Nov. 7th with a 7 inch screen, dual core running android and just like the Nook 1 it will be hacked to run pure straight from Google Android and price is $259 brand new.

Rumor: Nook Color 2 Arrives Next Week
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-31-11 10:49 PM
    Between this and the Kindle Fire, the tablet market it completely changing. No more $500 tablets will be able to survive against these two powerhouses. I just read that the Kindle Fire is now the number one selling Android tablet......and it's not even available yet! All in what...2 weeks? Bye bye playbooks. Come Christmas....it might be game over.
    10-31-11 11:01 PM
    Meh another android tablet is launching. Move along people. Differentiating a Samsung galaxy, Kindle, Sony or Motorola tablet gives me a headache.

I like my Playbook because it's got a lot of unique feature that stands out from the over crowded Android tablet market.
    11-01-11 12:30 AM
    Show me how I can REPLACE my home computer with a Kindle, etc. I simply don,t use home laptop, and Playbook works fine in car. Playbook is a real computer. Hopefullyit will be considered to be more than a Kindle.
    I wouldn't trade my Playbook for a free Kindle, etc. Would you?
    batboris likes this.
    11-01-11 07:55 AM
    Why is this post here at Playbook forums------ who gives a damn about NOOK...... out here we are only PB fans and RIM haters
    11-01-11 08:02 AM
    Show me how I can REPLACE my home computer with a Kindle, etc. I simply don,t use home laptop, and Playbook works fine in car. Playbook is a real computer. Hopefullyit will be considered to be more than a Kindle.
    I wouldn't trade my Playbook for a free Kindle, etc. Would you?
    Playbook a "real" computer replacement?
    That's stretching it a bit I'd say.
    11-01-11 08:24 AM
    Playbook a "real" computer replacement?
    That's stretching it a bit I'd say.
    if all you do is surf the web then the PB or any other tablet can replace your PC
    11-01-11 11:22 AM
    I think the new nook and kindle fire may change the tablet landscape for everyone...not just RIM. That being said, I'm not sure how long Amazon can sell at a loss. We might see two types of tablets emerge. The higher end ones would have camera and video capability and better speakers, and so on. The lower end ones would have lesser hardware and mainly function for web and reading. The fire will not be the norm from what I can see because it is selling at a loss. Anyway, that's my take.
    howarmat likes this.
    11-01-11 11:43 AM
    I agree i think there will certainly be different categories of tablets like you mention
    11-01-11 11:56 AM
    Nook 1 will be dropping in price... *rubs hands in anticipation*
    11-02-11 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD