The new Motorola Razr family unveiled today, Razr HD, Razr Maxx HD, and Razr M, aren't really all that impressive I think. Google and Motorola were on stage talking about their new relationship and how if anyone wants the best Android device they should think of Motorola.

Well from what I have seen so far regarding these three devices I can't really say I'm really all that impressed. Really just slightly upgraded versions of the current Razr family. I don't think they top the Galaxy S III either.
    09-05-12 05:01 PM
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I will not buy another Motorola phone, until they start unlocking the bootloaders.
    09-05-12 05:11 PM
    Right now, IMO, Samsung is the one to beat.
    09-05-12 05:29 PM
    Nothing impressive besides the battery life. I'll still take my Nexus over any of the other devices out right now.
    09-05-12 05:46 PM
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I will not buy another Motorola phone, until they start unlocking the bootloaders.
    Droid RAZR M Developer Edition pre-orders begin at $549.99 | The Verge
    09-05-12 05:46 PM
    i want to like them but unless i start having issues with battery on the nexus im sticking with it. I gets me thru a full day without issue, i dont need to go more than that really and sacrifice on looks and dev community.
    09-05-12 07:08 PM
    Not impressed. I get the feeling Google still hasn't gone full hands on with these phones. Next generation should have their influence.
    09-05-12 08:30 PM
    Not blown away. Wouldn't trade in my EVO LTE for one, especially with Venom ROM.
    09-05-12 08:54 PM
    The Razr Maxx HD is the only good looking one.
    09-05-12 09:25 PM
    The new Motorola Razr family unveiled today, Razr HD, Razr Maxx HD, and Razr M, aren't really all that impressive I think. Google and Motorola were on stage talking about their new relationship and how if anyone wants the best Android device they should think of Motorola.

Well from what I have seen so far regarding these three devices I can't really say I'm really all that impressed. Really just slightly upgraded versions of the current Razr family. I don't think they top the Galaxy S III either.
    I agree. I also don't see the edge-to-edge display they talked about. The RAZR M has a smaller bezel, but it isn't edge-to-edge.
    09-05-12 09:48 PM
    If I were to get any other device besides BlackBerry it would be a Motorola Phone since I am a customer of Verizon and it has a BIGGER screen and faster processor and better specs than my 9930. I would be interested in the Razr HD! I think them talking about their partnership with Google is a good sign that they will allow Google to do what they want with the devices. The Hardware is nice on Motorola Phones, now it's a matter of making the software the best it can be!
    09-05-12 10:19 PM
    I looked at the hardware specs again and compared them with the Galaxy S III (US model), and actually they are pretty darn close. Screen resolution, screen size, S4 processor, all the same. The only thing holding back the Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD in comparison to the Galaxy S III is that they only have 1 Gb of RAM versus 2 Gb of RAM respectively.

Actually come to think of it, the one thing people nitpicked about the Galaxy S III was the screen technology used and that colors didn't "pop" compared to the HTC One X. If that's the case, the Razr HD devices with their IPS screens have very nice saturated colors and would beat the Galaxy S III in that category.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 09-09-12 at 12:03 PM.
    09-09-12 11:59 AM
    I looked at the hardware specs again and compared them with the Galaxy S III (US model), and actually they are pretty darn close. Screen resolution, screen size, S4 processor, all the same. The only thing holding back the Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD in comparison to the Galaxy S III is that they only have 1 Gb of RAM versus 2 Gb of RAM respectively.

Actually come to think of it, the one thing people nitpicked about the Galaxy S III was the screen technology used and that colors didn't "pop" compared to the HTC One X. If that's the case, the Razr HD devices with their IPS screens have very nice saturated colors and would beat the Galaxy S III in that category.
    If the HD's display has the same excellent viewing angle as the iPhone 4's IPS display, it would be a sweet display. But it wouldn't produce the pure blacks like an AMOLED does.
    09-09-12 02:11 PM
    If Google did their next Nexus with Moto hardware and the Maxx battery (3300mah)..I'd probably never need another phone.

Until the next year that is
    09-09-12 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD