Well, I think that's the whole idea behind pushing BES, in addition to enhanced security. With BES, you don't suffer such a pitfall like email truncation - unless, I'm wrong.
    04-01-11 10:43 PM
    I doubt I will go back to bb. Been following there development and Kevin said the transition will get really messy. For the people that will upgrade this year most likely wont be able to upgrade to the new os. Deeming your device obsolete and app development will be thin knowing the os will soon die. Kind of like windows 6.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 02:16 AM
    Well, I think that's the whole idea behind pushing BES, in addition to enhanced security. With BES, you don't suffer such a pitfall like email truncation - unless, I'm wrong.
    It's a two step thing. BES does truncate mail, you can hit "More" until you're blue in the face....but also it depends on what the IT sets mail size at. Mail size can be limited at the enterprise level. We're big on zipped files because of that. So our mail is size restricted even without BES being a consideration.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 04-02-11 at 05:04 AM.
    lssanjose likes this.
    04-02-11 05:00 AM
    These devices aren't even being considered. No QNX, no consideration.
    04-02-11 10:02 AM
    I'll be watching BlackBerry but probably not coming back. I'm really happy with Android. I like how it's set up. It does more of what I need.
    04-02-11 02:08 PM
    or an outdated network (verizon). i like being able to use my navigation while driving and being able to talk on the phone, while responding to IMs that i received and then answering tweets... don't worry, i'm using the speech recognition, so i don't have to type it. until verizon has LTE everywhere, the "we have LTE for that" argument go right in the trash with their CDMA network.

they do have the thunderflop that has camcorder audio issues and the crappiest battery ever, but at least i can get voice + data for a couple hours before needing a charge.
    OUCH You win!! lol
    04-02-11 03:11 PM
    No way, love android too much now! BB had its day for me a long time ago, but they didn't keep up with the pack.
    04-02-11 08:23 PM
    I'll have to get a 6.1 device so I can develop for it, but at this point and time, it won't replace my personal device. I'll be curious next year if/when QNX makes its way into handhelds.
    04-02-11 09:43 PM
    Not a chance...There are already much better devices out there that do SO much more, and by the time those phones hit the market, they'll be even more Android devices and possibly an iPhone5. As some other people have said, I'll keep an eye on them, but that's about it.
    04-03-11 08:51 AM
    I was in the Verizon store last night getting my wife a new phone. Her Storm1 is all but shot (broken screen, can't get memory cleared, freezes up). She ended up with the iPhone4 and the sales guy was pressuring me to get one too but I have been hoping beyond phope that BB will resurect itself. An interesting observation at the VZW B&M is that they had NO blackberrys on the shelves. Only the iPhone and Droids. It is looking more and more to me that I am heading the way of the Droid myself. I have heard the various security problems but no details so I will probably move over in the next week or so. I doubt I will jump on the Apple band wagon though.
    04-03-11 09:10 AM
    I've always loved my BBs but I can't see myself staying hardcore BB after my current units. I'm in the industry (we own a chain of wireless stores) and have access to everything and anything as far as phones and unlimited everything lines.
    I feel RIM, has remained for the longest time--essentially unchanged.
    There's always talk of "when rim launches it's new units" and "when rim goes 6.0" and "when rim does bla bla"..... and sadly, they always show up to the party one step behind. I really hope that changes but I don't see how.
    The other thing I don't understand is the way some people talk about QNX coming and assuming that in the meanwhile, the other platforms will stagnate and remain the same. I'm sure that when QNX launches--it will be at best: slightly behind apple's and droid's then-offerings.
    A part of me hopes I'm wrong.

04-04-11 05:45 AM
    I cant go back now. I thought i was happy with bb. Only because i didnt have enough experience with a droid. There are three major things I use my smartphone for, web browsing, gps/maps and messaging. Secondary is email, calendar, and a ms office emulator. Third is other apps and my phone is always my alarm clock. The only thing i liked more on my bb bold 9650 on os 6 better than my tbolt is the alarm clock because i could drop it in the charger and automatically set a bedside profile. Os 6 wasnt even that much of an upgrade. Its more like an os 5.x, whatever number came next. And it drained my battery about 80% of how much my droid does with similar use, so battery isnt a concern with my tbolt to me.

As far as the email thing, i feel no difference as all i use is webmail. A lot of people talk about productivity but i bet a large percent of bb users out there are not using thier bb for work. Even wih that, after using both platforms, i dont really see how bb can be more productive. I think productivity from a mobile device is more of an attribute of the user rather than the device given that all thses devices have similar capabilities, its just what u like to use more over the other.

Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 04-08-11 at 10:41 AM.
    04-08-11 10:32 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD