Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 18.18%
  • No

27 49.09%
  • Maybe

18 32.73%
    A new HTC EVO like device is hitting Verizon in the near future. It is said to feature a 4.3" screen, 8 MP camera, dual LED flash, a front facing camera, kickstand, and HTC Sense UI. Are you getting one?

Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon � Boy Genius Report

Mysterious Verizon-bound HTC handset appears mysteriously on the internet -- Engadget
    08-27-10 05:11 PM
    That's just the first of several new Android and WM7 Phones that are coming to VZW this fall... think it will be hard to not jump the BB ship for at least one NE2 cycle.
    08-27-10 05:24 PM
    Definitely considering it...that or Droid Pro.
    08-27-10 05:34 PM
    Nope. I think 4 inches is as big as I will go on a screen (3.75 to 4 seems to be the sweet spot), I don't care about the 8 MP camera, I really don't give a flying you know what about the front facing camera, and I'd rather wait a few more months to see what Samsung and RIM have up their sleeves and see if anything LTE will be coming down the pipe first part of next year when I'm eligible for an upgrade.

BUT, if I were in the market right now I'd be more interested in the Samsung Fascinate.

However, if this new HTC does turn out to be a world phone I may consider it, but probably only if something were to happen to my Storm and I had to get a new phone. It does look nice, that's for sure.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 08-27-10 at 06:11 PM.
    08-27-10 06:06 PM
    I can't find this anywhere and I suspect I know the answer but want to be sure. Is there an app out there that allows you to connect non BB operating system phones to BES for email and schedule etc.
    08-27-10 06:26 PM
    maby if it wasn't made by the high tech crap company i dont like andorid i think its way too clutterd i work tech support for a cell phone company and i hate HTC phones they all have way to many problems compaird to even just the motorola and samsung android phones all of the HTC phones that we sell are Garbage including the HD2 witch is simialr to this phone...worst phone ever it has a 1 gig processor but it doesn stop the over clutterd OS and HTC presintalled apps from freezing i mean people have them freezing and crashing out of the box...i love my Storm and i wouldnt trade it for any device on the market right now
    Last edited by Pyrus; 08-27-10 at 10:55 PM.
    08-27-10 07:12 PM
    I think I would consider winmo first.
    08-27-10 08:25 PM
    I am only interested in world phone competitors to the Storm2, and none of those exist on Verizon today. I don't want a Droid 2 with global capability either. I want a total touch screen device with world phone capability, basically a Storm2 on steroids, potentially with Android in RIM keeps up this crappy roadmap.
    08-27-10 08:44 PM
    WTF!? Again?! Droid thread eating up storm space again in the forum...WTF!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 08:56 PM
    If I were in the market I would consider it. It does look like a sexy phone. I do love my s2 though and am fine waiting to see what falls out the pipeline this holiday season and next year.

08-27-10 09:56 PM
    maby if it were made by the high tech crap company i dont like andorid i think its way too clutterd i work tech support for a cell phone company and i hate HTC phones they all have wayy tomanny problems compaird to even just the motorola and samsung android phones all of the HTC phones that we sell are Garbage including the HD2 witch is simialr to this phone...worst phone ever it has a 1 gig processor mab but it doesn stop the over clutterd OS and HTC presintalled apps to clutter it down i mean people have them freezing and crashing out of the box...i love my Storm and i wouldnt trade it for any device on the market right now
    stop smoking weed and go to school, a first grader spells better

I like my incredible way to much to get something new right now
    08-27-10 10:02 PM
    stop smoking weed and go to school, a first grader spells better

I like my incredible way to much to get something new right now
    For someone criticizing spelling I think you mean "way too much". Use two o's when describing something or meaning as well or also.

08-27-10 10:34 PM
    No. And seriously, who cares. No offense, but I'm getting sick of seeing these threads. You want to post it, fine, but post it in the section for other devices. People come here to discuss the S2. Not yet another Android phone.
    08-27-10 10:39 PM
    Moved to Android Forum
    08-27-10 11:25 PM
    I will be getting this sucker the day it comes out. I got the Droid X the day it came out, and did not care for it, I didn't like the design, the camera lump especially, and the physical buttons just felt cheap. The overall design just made it feel too big. I have handled the EVO, and the rounded edges, and smoothness made it feel like a smaller phone, even though it isn't.
    08-28-10 06:23 AM
    As a matter of fact that is just what I am waiting for from Verizon. I am just hoping that it will be a LTE phone. I heard rumors that Verizon was having a push of new phones around the Holidays.

I will be buying two of these. I have a few lucky friends that have the EVO and love that phone but I am not leaving Verizon to get one.

All this is just anticipation as no one really knows what is coming. BGR does have a good track record though.
    08-28-10 08:03 AM
    LTE phones wont show up for a couple months into the new year probably
    08-28-10 08:43 AM
    the problem with android is u buy one then 2 months from the fay u purchased it its considered and old phone. HTC android release phoes way to quick. but thats my thoughts. my dad got a HERO about 5 months ago and that was like the phone to get. now its considered like an old phone. sort of the same thing with BB too. but more likely to see that with android
    08-28-10 09:05 AM
    The device looks really sexy, but I will not buy it. I already have the X, and I have no use for a front facing camera and a kickstand at this point. Also, I am waiting for LTE capable devices.
    08-28-10 09:37 AM
    The device looks really sexy, but I will not buy it. I already have the X, and I have no use for a front facing camera and a kickstand at this point. Also, I am waiting for LTE capable devices.
    the looks of this phone is sexy though if they make another phone that looks exactly like this one next year im sold
    08-28-10 09:40 AM
    the looks of this phone is sexy though if they make another phone that looks exactly like this one next year im sold
    Yea. Hopefully it has Vanilla Android by then too. I don't want anymore of these skins. Sense is awesome but I really can care less about it.
    08-28-10 09:44 AM
    Yea. Hopefully it has Vanilla Android by then too. I don't want anymore of these skins. Sense is awesome but I really can care less about it.
    yea vanilla is awesome but i have to admit sense is the best out of the android skins
    08-28-10 09:51 AM
    yea vanilla is awesome but i have to admit sense is the best out of the android skins
    It definitely is.
    08-28-10 10:00 AM
    Yea this phone wont be a 4g phone so I'm just gonna go for the X. I also don't want the kickstand.on the phone. And I don't care about front facing cameras either.
    08-28-10 10:02 AM
    Im very tempted to get this cause I really like the evo's size. It also doesnt have a crazy color scheme and just looks clean.
    08-28-10 07:07 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD