So I finally broke down and got a droid X today!! Just wondering what the best text app would be and any other must have apps!
    03-04-11 08:34 PM
    Handcent SMS is the best texting app. Extremely customizable and very user friendly. I also recommend getting LauncherPro. It replaces the stock DX homescreens and is much faster than the stock launcher. It is also extremely customizable.

PowerAmp is a great music app, much better than the stock Android music player.

Pandora is also great for streaming music.

Telsa LED turns our LED flash into a flashlight, and can be placed on your homescreen as a widget for one touch on/off access, and it's instant.

Pulse News is a great news app and is highly customizable. I use it on both Android and iOS.

If you have any more questions or need help setting things up, send me a PM with your gtalk adress and I can help. I recommend trying to figure everything out first though because learning first hand is always great.
    jebulls likes this.
    03-04-11 08:41 PM
    When getting a text is there any way to silence the ring tone when it is still in your pocket or not? I know I have asked this before
    03-04-11 09:00 PM
    +1 for Handcent. Without a doubt this is the best text app on any platform.
    03-04-11 09:20 PM
    Definitely launcher pro.

I like an uncluttered clean screen so I also use circle launcher.

I also recommend smart keyboard.

To switch between launcher pro (or any other launcher you may decide to try) and the stock moto blur , I use home switcher.

Fancy widgets has a great clock and weather widget.

Color notes is good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 09:31 PM
    I love the smart keyboard and the fancy widget works better than the HTC weather widget......my home area wasn't working properly. I also like the smaller clock sizes on the fancy widget. Doesn't interfere with my hiding my homescreen . I do hope HTC can get their weather widget working correctly though.
    03-20-11 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD