I think the Storm 2 is actually better than the Droid. I believe those who buy the Droud will realize soon that the Storm 2 is a much more polished device. I doubt that the overall experience of the Droud will be able to compete with the Storm 2. Don't get me wrong, the Droid seems like a stellar phone. But, the Storm is a giant.
    You, and about 6 other people.
    11-01-09 03:18 AM
    Not really because my s2 was free. Trust me I wouldn't waste 1 dollar on the s2 while being on the storm. Since I was in my 8th storm I received an updated piece of still ****ty equipment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I will suggest this...treat storm 2 gently, then just sell it when android comes out and get it. For me personally, storm 2 does everything I expect out of it and more. I love it, but no one can argue about tastes, as they are all different. Definitely find something that works for you in all aspects. I am all for happy and satisfied people. Remember being unhappy, affects your health and looks over time
    11-01-09 03:29 AM
    Just doesnt have the same sex appeal as the Storm 2, IMO
    actually.....yah. now that I think about it, you're right. but most other android based phones look **** ugly imo. phones like the mytouch and cliq look like cheap plasticy phones imo
    11-01-09 05:59 AM
    .........better browser.........better app store............better UI
    i feel like the iphone is more for you. just a suggestion
    11-01-09 06:09 AM
    Not really because my s2 was free. Trust me I wouldn't waste 1 dollar on the s2 while being on the storm. Since I was in my 8th storm I received an updated piece of still ****ty equipment.

1) how did you get it for free? i REALLY want one.

2) if you hate the phone, why are you still using it? I would not use a phone that makes me miserable. I dont get that part either.
    11-01-09 06:11 AM
    So you're admitting that the iphone is better?
    11-01-09 06:12 AM
    Why? Because I want things that are better? Because I like having the option to select from thousands of apps that actually work with every device running the OS? Because I want a nice looking, smooth operating fast UI? Because I want a browser that actually performs the way a smart phone browser should and not the same way a cheap phone browser does? Because I want to get away from a basic java platform? Why is it, that wanting something that looks and functions better makes people think I would want an iPhone? I could really be talking about almost any device out there that is not a BlackBerry if you really think about it.

While I do understand that you were trying to make a little jab at the things I want in a smartphone you actually pointed out the narrow minded nature that many of the people around here have. "You want an improved product? You must want the iPhone. Hahahah.", he said in a very deep voice that made him sound like an on-duty mall santa. And of course people around here say that like it is a bad thing. Why would that be an insult? What does it matter if I want an iPhone? I have no real interest in one and i hate the network they are on, but why the he11 would it be a negative if I did want one? Oh, right because the iPhone can only be a toy and be for gaming and fart apps, right? It can't possibly do anything serious at all can it? It couldn't possibly just be a good device that people all over the country use everyday to accomplish more that you on your BlackBerry, could it?

Here you are sir, I am passing my blinders on to you. I don't need or want them anymore and it looks like you may want an extra set.
    11-01-09 07:09 AM
    Try finding polished apps for the Droid. There aren't many. The music app looks to be very rudimentary. According to reviews, the camera software is sluggish. There is no Bluetooth voice dialing and the calendars are all separate, so if I have an Exchange calendar for work and a personal Google calendar, I will have to check both. There is no consolidation.

It will be a while before these issues are addressed.

I also found searching for Android apps totally confusing. There aren't any good app stores. There is a reason that Apple controls the App sales, besides profits, it gives the consumer an easy place to find and purchase apps without a struggle.

In my mind the BBs and iphones are polished devices and the Google /Motorola phone is a BETA version waiting for us to field test it. Not sure I have the time.
    11-01-09 07:13 AM
    i thought the op was supposed to be banning himself? wat happened? lol
    11-01-09 07:18 AM
    Try finding polished apps for the Droid. There aren't many. The music app looks to be very rudimentary. According to reviews, the camera software is sluggish. There is no Bluetooth voice dialing and the calendars are all separate, so if I have an Exchange calendar for work and a personal Google calendar, I will have to check both. There is no consolidation.

I also found searching for Android apps totally confusing. There aren't any good app stores. There is a reason that Apple controls the App sales, besides profits, it gives the consumer an easy place to find and purchase apps without a struggle.

In my mind the BBs and iphones are polished devices and the Google /Motorola phone is a BETA version waiting for us to field test it. Not sure I have the time.
    Wow, you didn't put in much research at all before you said any of this...did you?
    11-01-09 07:21 AM

There aren't any good app stores? Android marketplace?

The rest of the apps for android are far smoother and nicer than any blackberry apps. The nature of NOT being a JAVA os makes that a truth in it self.

Beta Device? you mean like the Storm? Tour?

Keep on pretending. Its cool.
    11-01-09 07:38 AM
    I've spent all morning reading the reviews. Overwhelmingly positive. The few quibbles were all hardware related (grainy photo shots, keyboard a bit too slick, no dedicated 'phone' button) but the interface itself is amazing.

Storm2 is now in third place for my new phone upgrade, with the HTC Passion in 1st and this in 2nd. I can't upgrade till December 6th or so, so I'll have some time to decide.
    11-01-09 08:01 AM
    LOL!!!

You obviously never owned or know anyone that owns a storm then? I feel like I have been beta testing the storm since its release. Same goes for all the people who have been dealing with Tour issues as well. Also, I would expect the iphone to be polished after 3 revisions. Do you remember the first version of the iphone? The droid isnt even out yet so how can you be so sure we are going to be beta testing it? So far from every review I have seen any issues at all have been minor issues like EVERY phone that comes out on the market.
    11-01-09 08:08 AM
    LOL!!!

You obviously never owned or know anyone that owns a storm then? I feel like I have been beta testing the storm since its release. Same goes for all the people who have been dealing with Tour issues as well. Also, I would expect the iphone to be polished after 3 revisions. Do you remember the first version of the iphone? The droid isnt even out yet so how can you be so sure we are going to be beta testing it? So far from every review I have seen any issues at all have been minor issues like EVERY phone that comes out on the market.
    .....very true. I think they forget how many Angry threads have been created by S1 users having issue's, demanding an OS update due to issue's. How many reviewers have commented that S2 is what Vzw should have released from the beginning. So, i'm not sure where this beta comparison has any merit with the Droid.
    11-01-09 11:07 AM
    1) how did you get it for free? i REALLY want one.

2) if you hate the phone, why are you still using it? I would not use a phone that makes me miserable. I dont get that part either.
    The s2 was free via multi fru because I was on my 8th storm. Ill be using my stoms till I find a nice droid phone to settle with.

11-01-09 12:20 PM
    The s2 was free via multi fru because I was on my 8th storm. Ill be using my stoms till I find a nice droid phone to settle with.

Weird how some people went through so many S1s. I still have the same one I purchased on 11/21/08. RIM and VZW made mistakes - plenty of them - with the S1, but for me they've more than made up for it with the S2. The typing experience is far, far better than the S1s. I've compared it to typing on an iPhone and I was able to type faster and more accurately on the S2 (I owned the first 2 generations of iPhones btw, so I'm no iPhone hater.) Other than saying "the Storm2 sucks" you've really not contributed anything to this thread. What other multi fru options were available to you? Tour perhaps? Anyway in the end it's a phone. Don't let it make your life miserable: find something you're happy with.

11-01-09 04:42 PM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD