I am using a BB torch right now and previously had an iPhone 3G. I'm pretty tech savvy but know nothing about Droids. I'd like to buy one on ATT. What is my best choice? And why!? Any and all info is appreciated!! Thanks so much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 02:30 PM
    It would have to be the Atrix or the Inspire 4G since they can work on the "4G" network and are some of the latest releases on At&t. The best advice I can give you is to go to your carrier's store and mess with the phones and make a decision that way. Good luck on your decision.
    04-01-11 02:40 PM
    thank you we don't and probably won't have 4G in this area for quite some time as we just got 3G and we're a small town. I've been looking at the captivate...anyone have any ideas on that?

04-01-11 02:45 PM
    thank you we don't and probably won't have 4G in this area for quite some time as we just got 3G and we're a small town. I've been looking at the captivate...anyone have any ideas on that?

If you're not worried about having the latest Android updates then you'll be fine with the Captivate. I have the Fascinate on Verizon and Samsung is terrible at releasing/promising Froyo updates, but doesnt bother me since I've rooted my phone and can get leaked updates. Just something to consider.
    04-01-11 02:55 PM

I recommend that you stay away from any Samsung device due to they fact that they are slow to never update their devices. The unhappiest Android people are probably the ones that have Galaxy S devices due to this. I have a coworker that has a Fascinate and it's still running Android 2.1 when other devices are getting 2.3 Gingerbread. IMO Galaxy S devices are knock offs and wannabe iPhone imitators (sorry SGS peeps)

I have the Atrix and I chose it over the Inspire was because of 1GB of RAM, dual core processor and excellent battery life. It's an awesome device and I have no regrets getting it.
    Last edited by JD914; 04-01-11 at 03:08 PM.
    04-01-11 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD