I have been a long time Blackberry user and I just jumped on the Android bandwagon a couple of weeks ago with a Samsung Captivate Glide. I have it mostly figured out and I love it!

I am hoping to figure out one minor irritation with it though. I have been looking for a better notification panel. I have a few apps that run in the background and apparently this is how android keeps them loaded, but what I want is something similar to the HTC android like a persistent notification tray or something to that effect. That way the only time something is displayed in the top part of the screen its an actual notification such as an email or sms.

Does such an animal (app) exist?
    02-07-12 01:21 PM
    wrong form buds this is from blackberry users only hence the name crackberry.com you need to check androidcentral..
    02-07-12 01:31 PM
    wrong form buds this is from blackberry users only hence the name crackberry.com you need to check androidcentral..
    This is the Android sub-forum, so technically they are right for posting here.

To the OP, turn off notifications to apps you don't want to appear in the notification bar. Every app should have the ability to turn off notifications from within the specific apps settings.
    Guatiao likes this.
    02-07-12 01:34 PM
    Thank you. There was a link on the top and I thought maybe it would link to Androidcentral (since they seem to have the same parent company). I finally figured out how to log in and set my account over there.
    02-07-12 01:35 PM
    If this site was restricted to bb users only, it would be a very lonely place.
    02-07-12 01:41 PM
    Perhaps they should change the name to crackdroid.com.
    lssanjose and BoldtotheMax like this.
    02-07-12 02:01 PM
    Lol at the noob up there trying to pwn another noob......trainwreck!
    02-07-12 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD