Been waiting a while for this.

Netflix finally releases their Android app, only available for select phones initially

Works awesome on my Dinc. I'm guessing support for more devices will come rapidly.
    05-12-11 04:39 PM
    thunderbolt is a no go for now, i assume xda will fix that lol
    05-12-11 04:42 PM
    thunderbolt is a no go for now, i assume xda will fix that lol
    Yeah, I'd guess within 24 hours somebody on xda will have it working on a lot more devices.
    05-12-11 05:09 PM
    05-12-11 05:21 PM
    I like the idea but I don't think I can watch it on such a small screen. Awesome for those who will use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 05:38 PM
    I like the idea but I don't think I can watch it on such a small screen. Awesome for those who will use it.
    I could. I commute by train quite a bit. Great way to kill time.
    05-12-11 05:50 PM
    I remember reading that the LG revolution would be the first verizon device that allowed streaming netflix. Has that changed?

05-12-11 06:24 PM
    05-12-11 06:48 PM
    I came home to this... works great on EVO.

Ports are already happening.
    05-12-11 09:52 PM
    Netflix is now available for ALL FroYo and GB devices.
    09-09-11 05:11 PM
    sadly i really am considering cancelling netflix. the latest price increases are really killing what was an excellent service. i do use it on my phone every so often but with hulu and other various streaming sources available i dont use netflix as much. Plus i never use it at home now either. I can find movies qutie easily other ways if i really want them

I really see netflix taking a turn downwards like myspace.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-09-11 05:15 PM
    On demand programming, and red box are cutting into Netflix's appeal

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 05:57 PM
    sadly i really am considering cancelling netflix. the latest price increases are really killing what was an excellent service. i do use it on my phone every so often but with hulu and other various streaming sources available i dont use netflix as much. Plus i never use it at home now either. I can find movies qutie easily other ways if i really want them

Weirdly enough, wife and I are having this SAME discussion right now. I am leaning towards canceling. Not enough content, and the price hike is making the decision easier.
    09-09-11 06:01 PM

They also lost their contract with Star programming.
    09-09-11 06:39 PM
    i have heard that is the first of many that are going to pull their content. Disney and Sony are at the top of lists i guess.

edit: i just cancelled lol 7.99 a month saved
    Last edited by howarmat; 09-09-11 at 06:54 PM.
    09-09-11 06:51 PM
    i have heard that is the first of many that are going to pull their content. Disney and Sony are at the top of lists i guess.

edit: i just cancelled lol 7.99 a month saved
    Starz wanted too much money to renew the agreement and pulled out of negotiations. Unfortunately Starz takes all the Disney and Sony content with them. Hopefully Netflix can take the 300 million that Starz turned down and really bring in some better content.

Starz to Remove Disney, Sony Movies from Netflix Streaming - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - TechNewsDaily - msnbc.com
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-09-11 07:23 PM
    Maybe, that said consumers dont read this or care as to why. Either the shows they want are there or they arent and Netflix has always had problems supplying timely digital releases. dvds used to supplement that, but now its not worth having both.

09-09-11 10:22 PM
    Red box it is then...
    aNYthing24 likes this.
    09-09-11 10:26 PM
    Red box it is then...
    Instant gratification wins, in many cases

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 10:28 PM
    I still have Netflix for the time being. I am really hoping they can improve their selection or I'm going to really consider cancelling.
    09-10-11 12:09 AM
    I liked Netflix when I had it. I since cancelled because of the price raise.

09-10-11 06:10 AM
    its interesting that 4-5 of us on this thread have cancelled because of the stupid price increase. If this is common across the board netflix will be out of customers real quick lol
    09-10-11 05:00 PM
    Agreed. I cancelled Sirius for the same reason after having been a customer for 6 years with 3 radios.

There are too many alternatives available to settle for these price hikes. Especially prices raises with no added content or benefit.

I now get occasional PPV or use the BlocKbuster $1 kiosk at Publix.

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-10-11 at 05:21 PM.
    09-10-11 05:11 PM
    i cant cancel my sat radio...i use it all the time in the car but i do hate the increases there too
    09-10-11 05:19 PM
    I was hooked too, I feel ya. I actually paid $300 to have a Sirius ready radio installed when I got my new Subaru. So cancelling Sirius was a bit painful. I travel a lot and used it constantly. Loved the content.

However, they added the music royalty fee, taxes, charge for internet use( which used to be free), charge for Sirius app, etc. That and now their customer service is horrid and outsourced.

I was given half price on all my subscriptions for the last two years. But I got tired ot having to all after the auto renewal and getting the discount. t became a hassle.

Lastly, you cannot opt out of auto pay!

Then I discovered FREE Slacker radio. I had used it occasionally before but since I cancelled Sirius I use it all the time! I have a cable to plug it into the aux input and it sounds as good as Sirius did! More channels, better content and did I mention it is FREE!

I'm so happy I cancelled.

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-10-11 at 05:32 PM.
    09-10-11 05:27 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD