SO set my alarm last night on my phone and went to to sleep. I awake to my wife saying a honey it's 6:30. I was like hmm rolled over looked at phone green light was blinking and pushed the home screen button.....nothing push the lock/power button .....nothing. Tried pulling battery then power on.....nothing. I was like dang phone is dead......after church I go to my VZW store bring in my X they go in the back and a few minutes later he comes out with a BB and my X and says yep it's DEAD. He orders me a replacement X and gives me a BB 9330 as a loaner. I was like do you give loaners? He was like no but you have been a good customer so here you go we have no Droid at all in stock otherwise I would have given you a Droid as a loaner. God I hate this BB !!! I now realize how much I love my X and can't wait for Tuesday.

Oh and big ups to VZW for top notch Customer Service...
    01-16-11 06:25 PM
    Load OS6 on to it, just to F with them.

Im looking at getting a HTC HERO to see how Android fairs against BB.
    Deathcommand likes this.
    01-16-11 06:27 PM
    That's cool they gave you a loner. Sorry about your Droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 06:27 PM
    Yeah load 6 when they did me a favor.....anyway........yeah I thought that was cool to give me a loaner....while I was waiting I said you guys excited about the iPhone? They all said at once NO.....they are afraid the customers are gonna get mad because Apple controls the phone so much and they are powerless to help like they did with my X. I was like wow...Droid or Die.....
    01-16-11 06:30 PM
    SO set my alarm last night on my phone and went to to sleep. I awake to my wife saying a honey it's 6:30. I was like hmm rolled over looked at phone green light was blinking and pushed the home screen button.....nothing push the lock/power button .....nothing. Tried pulling battery then power on.....nothing. I was like dang phone is dead......after church I go to my VZW store bring in my X they go in the back and a few minutes later he comes out with a BB and my X and says yep it's DEAD. He orders me a replacement X and gives me a BB 9330 as a loaner. I was like do you give loaners? He was like no but you have been a good customer so here you go we have no Droid at all in stock otherwise I would have given you a Droid as a loaner. God I hate this BB !!! I now realize how much I love my X and can't wait for Tuesday.

Oh and big ups to VZW for top notch Customer Service...
    Well that stinks. I had a similar occurrence but it was the battery. The extended battery. I think I fried it by using a very high Watt (>5.5 MiFi, don't use this for your phone haha) charger. Didn't realize that MiFi used such a higher wattage psu. Anyway, it did as you described. Did battery pulls, etc.

It started with it powering down at 60%. However, when I plugged the charger in, the green light would flash and the battery icon would come up on the screen. It showed 20%. I left it charging for 2hrs. The indicator never changed past 20%. Still could not boot off the battery, either. Always use the wall to charge, never PC.

Put the stock battery back in, boom, booted right up.
    01-16-11 06:34 PM
    I could not even get the battery to show when it was plugged in.....lol they switched batteries at the store and nothing......
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 01-16-11 at 07:21 PM.
    01-16-11 06:36 PM
    I coud not even get the battery to show when it was plugged in.....lol they switched batteries at the store and nothing......
    Guess it really was dead LOL.
    01-16-11 06:42 PM
    I feel your pain. I had to use my old Pearl 8120 for a day until my Evo came. Coming from the G2 back to the Blackberry was painful! Hang in there. Tuesday will be here sooner than later.
    01-16-11 07:13 PM
    01-16-11 07:22 PM
    I feel your pain. I am contemplating traveling internationally and needed a backup for my DInc so I bought a used Storm 2 (really liked my Storm until it took an unintentional swim). So I activated it this weekend for a day and I couldn't believe the difference. Everything was so slow it was painful. I couldn't believe how much I saw that hourglass. I realize the Incredible is newer but the s2 is still available. The other thing is that the switch from BB to Android was somewhat painful but now that I am used to the Android way, it is a little tough going back to BB. I loved the unified inbox on BB. Now I actually prefer my emails and my texts to be separate. I'll still look at the Storm 3 whenever it comes out, but have a feeling that by then the iPhone 5 or Thunderbolt will have my attention and probably my $.

Tuesday is only about 25.5 hours away!
    01-16-11 09:31 PM
    That sucks. I wish all stores did loaners...
    01-16-11 10:50 PM
    I don't know which is worse, your Droid X dying or Verizon giving you a Blackberry as a loaner
    01-17-11 12:32 AM
    BB as a loaner is awful but hey it's a loaner...........let's see at&t and sprint do that.....
    01-17-11 01:08 PM
    My x does this to me all the time. recently did this around 11am. phone was stuck with a green light pressed the hold button nothing check charger nothing. i put the phone into bootloader and it flashes low battery but i knew i charged my battery. i take the battery out then i plug the phone into my mother's envy charger and the phone powers right up. this usually happens to me if i use setcpu
    01-17-11 02:50 PM
    Retro could not even get to bootloader It was DEAD and I really mean dead. No lights, no lights on the keys nothing........
    01-17-11 04:45 PM
    Hahahaha, I say do it too.
    01-17-11 04:46 PM
    My DX's screen doesn't turn on sometimes when I push the standby button, but I think it is the ROM I am using because if I battery pull it loads up fine after that.
    01-17-11 05:41 PM

That's awesome
    01-17-11 10:34 PM
    Ahhh life is back to normal received my X yesterday and she is rooted running Liberty ROM....
    01-20-11 08:09 AM
    lol. Glad you got it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 08:09 AM

Thats Like saying "I'm going to check out the 8330 from my X to see how it is."
    01-20-11 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD