So whilst I am waiting for blackberry to introduce a "v2" phone of sorts with all the bugs ironed out and features reinstated from OS7 I took the plunge and got a htc one.

It really blows me away so far, very happy with it and I thought it is worth sharing about the battery life on it -- I can get over 24h charge on it with fairly heavy usage, something I have not been able to do on a phone for years perhaps since older BB's.

If you're like me and waiting for a v2 phone but looking to get something for the time being, this phone has everything but the kitchen sink in it and battery life is really damn good.
    Greenghost likes this.
    05-05-13 03:49 PM
    That phone is pretty good. I like it and the all black version is pure sexii! The speakers on that device is beyond good as well.

I haven't purchased it, but I do sell them, so I know a little bit about them. I'll probably get one when they allow employees to get it.
    05-05-13 04:01 PM
    Had a play with the HTC One in my local telco retail store.
    Certainly beautiful design (although feels too light to me) and the screen pops.
    If I was in the market for another Android handset I'd be tossing up between this and the Xperia ZL.

Having said that, I'm waiting on Jolla to release. Meego (or should I say Meego-Harmattan), and now BB10, are the closest to the ideal UI paradigm that I've found so far, and the jolla handset will be my next handset purchase.
    I only wish Nok has managed to release a Harmattan device ala N9 in the body of a Lumia 920.....
    05-05-13 04:03 PM
    I keep on thinking this is a site for people interested in all things "Blackberry".
    While you wait for bb10 to iron out these bugs which you speak of, why not get an older blackberry since you say you enjoy what Blackberry brings to the table. This just seems to me a commercial for another product. Now if you wish to debate the merits of each platform against one or the other, be more specific let us debate these issues.. Please stop these threads. "I'm hear to discuss Blackberry"
    geoffsdad likes this.
    05-05-13 04:24 PM
    I agree, no reason for this to be posted in crackberry. It would be nice if threads like this could be moved to the appropriate mobile nations forum

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:52 PM
    its posted in the android forum on CB. Seems like its in the correct place to me. If you arent interested in the topic why click on it?
    05-05-13 07:56 PM
    It's in the general forum. It's an ad for a non-BlackBerry device. If doesn't belong here.

As for "Bugs" in the Z, it's less buggy on its worst day than my S3 was on its best.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 08:19 PM
    The one is definitely a beast. You can tell HTC put a lot into that device. The front speakers are top notch, and so is the build quality. Only if it ran vanilla android....
    05-05-13 08:27 PM
    I had a $100 off for this phone. When I went to the Dealer to look at it I found it too heavy for my liking and the fact you cant add a storage card or change batteries put me off.

It does look very nice though.
    05-05-13 08:30 PM
    Only if it run bb10...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:11 PM
    My friend has the HTC one, he says the battery life is terrible, and he's not a heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:19 PM
    its posted in the android forum on CB. Seems like its in the correct place to me. If you arent interested in the topic why click on it?
    This isn't the android forum, it's the general forum.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:20 PM
    with an "other platforms" and "android" sub forum.
    most decent forums have "other platforms" sub forums and if not welcome posts there, at least don't spam the threads there with comments about avoiding an open mind by maintaining exclusivity.
    I have and use a number of handsets and although a supporter of BB (more for their support of QT) see myself as platform agnostic.
    I'm may have a preference (the Z10 is it right now), but I'll never slip into the fanboy category and exclude others or imply they can;t have an opinion because it isn't the same as mine.
    I've been a lurker here for a long time, prior to joining and it never ceases to amaze me how people who have been here for ages and/or have I high post count are so quick to sh*tcan any other OS or vendor despite many admitting to not using anything else for years.

seeya
    05-05-13 09:48 PM
    The design indeed is beautiful, but the fact that you can't easily swap batteries turned me off.
    05-05-13 10:23 PM
    If the site founder can write a piece on an ios application then he can surely share his view of a placeholder device he's picked up for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:26 PM
    The Op opinion is not my issue, my issue is with the fact that Op states in general terms issues with bb10.
    He is not being specific, what bugs, did he take the Os for a spin, before deciding there where bugs he just couldn't live with. My point being it's a commercial and to tell other people to give another platform there business on a forum for Blackberry just does not make sense to me, and that my friend is just my opinion!!!
    05-05-13 11:47 PM
    Meh. I'm not seeing any serious bugs in the Z10 . The HTC one is missing peek and flow though. They need to fix that asap.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 12:08 AM
    I don't understand why there's such negative feedback on this? How narrow minded can you be?

This is an opinion, as for not being specific as to faults with BB10 why should I have to be, the forums on crackberry speak volumes as to the bugs and problems with the phone/OS.

I loved my 9780 and 9900 phones, I used the Z10 for a few days and it is just not the same experience for me. It's enjoyable but I do not like the form factor and lack of any buttons; even the Q10 whilst having a keyboard is great I really prefer a back button and context menu buttons. I also really liked the trackpad.

I am hopeful there is a future blackberry phone that is as good as the older devices, some people may think the newer phones are far superior and I guess that is the audience that the new RIM is going for.
    05-06-13 04:50 AM
    I had a $100 off for this phone. When I went to the Dealer to look at it I found it too heavy for my liking and the fact you cant add a storage card or change batteries put me off.

It does look very nice though.
    It weighs around 5 grams more than the Z10 and 4 grams more than the Q10
    05-06-13 05:56 AM
    The Op opinion is not my issue, my issue is with the fact that Op states in general terms issues with bb10.
    He is not being specific, what bugs, did he take the Os for a spin, before deciding there where bugs he just couldn't live with. My point being it's a commercial and to tell other people to give another platform there business on a forum for Blackberry just does not make sense to me, and that my friend is just my opinion!!!
    This is in the 'other devices > Android' Subsection. Do you really expect an in-depth discussion of BB10 here? Do you really think everyone in the world is gonna love BB10? What business is it of yours if he likes the Z10 or not? Does you cat's life depend on how much time he spent with the phone before he decided it wasn't for him?

You'd have a valid reason for your whining if this was in the BB10 section. It's not. It's in a tiny section created for discussion of other OSes. Please cease these petulant complaints!
    Greenghost likes this.
    05-06-13 03:09 PM
    If I'd have to buy Android, I'd probably buy stock/nexus devices. If I'd have a choice at something else though, I'd pick an HTC device for Android. But of course, for now at least, BlackBerry and the Z10 is too appropriate for me

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:13 PM
    It's in the general forum. It's an ad for a non-BlackBerry device. If doesn't belong here.

As for "Bugs" in the Z, it's less buggy on its worst day than my S3 was on its best.

Posted via CB10
    This is in the android forum bro lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-13 05:29 PM
    The one is definitely a beast. You can tell HTC put a lot into that device. The front speakers are top notch, and so is the build quality. Only if it ran vanilla android....
    Now it does. And if u are on a cdma carrier like sprint u can still root and put vanilla android on there yourself in like 5 to ten minutes.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    08-04-13 06:12 PM