I'm going driod too I am almost 99.5% sure I'm gonna get the bionic unless something else pops up just as good or better!!!!!! wish we would get a release date!!!!!
    01-29-11 09:16 PM
    I forget what website I saw it on, but they were saying around a June or July release.
    01-29-11 09:22 PM
    April/May is also being reported and is more likely for Bionic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 07:21 AM
    I'm going driod too I am almost 99.5% sure I'm gonna get the bionic unless something else pops up just as good or better!!!!!! wish we would get a release date!!!!!
    Word is as per the major tech blogs that it will be released on the 2nd Quarter.
    01-30-11 09:23 AM
    April/May is also being reported and is more likely for Bionic.

that would be great. but I'm not holding my breath.
    01-30-11 12:26 PM
    I finally decided to switch last night. I've been contemplating the move for over a year now. I welcomed BlackBerry OS 6.0 & the new webkit browser. It's an improvement for BlackBerry, but it's still lacking. Looking forward to learning as much as I can about Android.

02-02-11 09:06 AM
    Have fun with your new Android! Come over to Android Central sometime! Lots of great info there.

02-02-11 09:21 AM
    I finally decided to switch last night. I've been contemplating the move for over a year now. I welcomed BlackBerry OS 6.0 & the new webkit browser. It's an improvement for BlackBerry, but it's still lacking. Looking forward to learning as much as I can about Android.

What did you end up getting?
    02-02-11 10:05 AM
    What did you end up getting?
    I wasn't due for an upgrade, but I got somewhat fed up with my BlackBerry over the past month or so. I was so ready for the hype behind the webkit browser. I was disappointed. Tabs were nice, but the lack of column view was one factor. There were sites I could no longer visit because the font was too small & could not be zoomed in nor adjusted. The mobile version of BestBuy was one of them. I like being able to read about the product & read reviews prior to making a purchase at BestBuy. Not possible with the new webkit. Unless you have really good eyesight.
    There is also a Predictive Text bug.
    If enabled, it will close the browser at times when you're typing into a text field in the browser. I didn't want to disable it because I use Predictive Text in email, text, & BlackBerry Messenger.
    I wasn't due for an upgrade so I purchased the Droid Incredible on eBay.
    I chose the Incredible because I can still navigate from cell to cell when editing Excel spreadsheets.
    It had the best copy of text in the browser. Didn't like the copy of text from Motorola. Once you lift up your finger it's copied. Hard to see what word I'm copying if my finger is over the word.
    I'll use the Incredible over the next 12 months or so. Then I'll see what BlackBerry has to offer as far as coming back, or I may decide to stay with Android for good.

02-02-11 10:47 AM
    Awesome you will like it and use it more and more. I was between the Droid 2, X and incredible. Choose the Droid 2. Still like having the real keyboard.
    02-02-11 12:30 PM
    Have fun with your new Android! Come over to Android Central sometime! Lots of great info there.

Thanks. Visit the main blogs of both CrackBerry and Android Central daily.
    I spend more time in the Forums of CrackBerry than I do Android Central.
    That may perhaps change now.
    02-02-11 08:52 PM
    I am looking to change to android also. Don't know what to do though. Originally wanted to wait till the Bionic comes out but I am in a location that 3g can be spotty at times (like the only area in the whole state of mn!) So Bionic wouldn't make sense because 4g will take a while I am guessing. I can't decide if I should buy an X right now or wait to see what the next DX will offer!
    02-05-11 01:03 PM
    Eh, you can disable 4G. Get HTC Thunderbolt or Bionic! The Driod X looks like a solid phone. But the little updates of the other two may be worth it!

02-06-11 05:21 AM
    Eh, you can disable 4G. Get HTC Thunderbolt or Bionic! The Driod X looks like a solid phone. But the little updates of the other two may be worth it!

Do you not have to pay extra on your monthly plan regardless if you're in a 4G area or not though? If you're in an area that has spotty 3G I would reccoment you stay on 2G, going from 2G to 3G and back can kill your battery in no time. You can always enable 3G when you really need it.

02-06-11 05:43 AM
    No pricing has been announced. Speculation is 4G data will be $30/month unlimited as 3G is.

At least for now...

02-06-11 05:45 AM
    No pricing has been announced. Speculation is 4G data will be $30/month unlimited as 3G is.

At least for now...

If you plan on staying with vzw, I got unlimited smartphone plan for $9.99 per month.

Keep in mind that vzw will most likely be going to a tiered data plan like at&t. You might want to make your move before that happens.
    02-06-11 06:27 AM
    I'm pretty sure they'll increase the data or go to tiers when LTE is more widely avail.

Yes, I plan on getting the Thunderbolt and locking my data price for 2 years.

02-06-11 06:42 AM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD