Could It be You didnt delete th� right photo ?
    Same things happens on bb10 If You d�l�t� th� thumbnail You dont d�l�t� th� picturesp
    You are probably right, but that is not my point. Deleting a photo must be simple and straightforward. The impression that GS4mini left was: "it doesn't do what I want it to do." This might be completely my mistake. I just should have put more effort to it.

You have to go to th� right directory
    Homescreen is a launcher for quick access to frequently used apps thats th� way You should be using It
    Even bbry has That
    Apps screens is for all your apps just Not th� frequently used ones
    You can �dit and organize both
    Th� homescreen for th� bb10 is one screen If i remember correctly but homescreen in Android can be 3
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    I am used to using shortcuts, because that's the way Windows works. Deleting a shortcut doesn't delete the program. But on iOS and BB10 the icon is the app, so deleting the icon, deletes the app. This is more intuitive to me. Again, this is my preference and I might change if I had to use an Android device for a long time. But I have my iPad for almost 2 years now, and it still drives me nuts if it doesn't do 'simple' things that my (too little too late) Q10 and Z10 do without a hassle.

BlackBerry (BB10) has really showed me how a mobile device can make my life easier.

Have a nice day

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 01:43 PM
    Are you talking about panorama here? Because, again, we have had apps for it since 10.0, just like Android and iOS.

I have NO IDEA what you're saying here... only thing I can make out is equalizer. so is this a complaint that it took til 10.3 for it to be native? Big deal - again, there are apps for that.

Clearly, I was referring to iTunes. No, I don't rely on it and never have because IT SUCKS - I've always preferred to purchase MP3s from other sources, such as Google Play and now BlackBerry World.

Not sure why you're saying that we can't control consoles, computers, etc with BlackBerry. With HDMI, my phone turns into a remote for the video and volume. Not to mention, there are plenty of free remote control apps in BlackBerry World that allow you to basically use your BlackBerry as a keyboard/mouse for your computer, even from across the room.

I haven't heard you mention one thing that's valid.

OP, I have an old Evo and have some friends who have the Note 3 and I totally agree with your dad. Old Android or new, they feel like a clunky, colorful, novelty item for college kids whereas my BB10 is sleek and just feels more like a "grown-up" phone. I mean, I loved my Evo when I first got it but BlackBerry wins hands-down now.

Posted via CB10
    Remote apps like ms glass ?
    Bbry isnt a support�d platform So try again there is no app to control a ps4 or your tablet or any other console oh right You can sideload only If th� app works
    I can remote onto m'y pc too oh ya right its remote apps

But again where is your ecosystem lord If m'y ecosystem was limited to m'y pc i wouldbt be productive at all what about m'y nas or m'y console i guess i have to goto m'y console and use th� remote to play a vid�o for m'y kid or i can use a smart device like Android or ios and clicks change th� vid�o on netflix Yes It is possible look up ms glass what It can d'o compared to miracast

Dont limite your thinking
    There is more to ecosystem th�n a phone or pc You have tablets You have consoles You have other phones

06-08-14 01:44 PM
    He's right. Android looks like a College project designed by some spotty little kids from computing lessons. Like Facebook, the billions have been made the product does well but does it have finesse, no not really. It sure doesn't appeal to the corporate market that's for sure but then I don't think it's supposed to. Still the kids love it and those that like loading 900 Apps and Games on their phone and Tablet love it too so who am I to argue.

BB10 is still a business tool as much as people hate to believe it
    06-08-14 01:46 PM
    You are probably right, but that is not my point. Deleting a photo must be simple and straightforward. The impression that GS4mini left was: "it doesn't do what I want it to do." This might be completely my mistake. I just should have put more effort to it.

I am used to using shortcuts, because that's the way Windows works. Deleting a shortcut doesn't delete the program. But on iOS and BB10 the icon is the app, so deleting the icon, deletes the app. This is more intuitive to me. Again, this is my preference and I might change if I had to use an Android device for a long time. But I have my iPad for almost 2 years now, and it still drives me nuts if it doesn't do 'simple' things that my (too little too late) Q10 and Z10 do without a hassle.

BlackBerry (BB10) has really showed me how a mobile device can make my life easier.

Have a nice day

Posted via CB10
    Th�n your Not deleting It right now If You are talking about stock vendor apps no they cannot be deleted just like bbry
    You can uninstall apps Except for stock Not even bbry will allow You to d'o That
    So i dont know where your going with That

Alot of th� apps in homescreen are stock You cannot delete them because It is part of th� system rom just like stock bbry apps

However dispit� what You think Android gives You more flexibility
    If You want to r�mov� stock apps It is simple on a moto g or a Samsung root It
    Th�n You can r�move any and all stock apps You want i wouldnt suggest You r�move settings or important files

Unlike bbry You cannot r�move stock apps because You dont get root access You can try It even try removing bbm from a bb10 phone

06-08-14 01:51 PM
    You dont need th� Internet for chrome Cast lol
    Some apps Yes but Not locally stored vid�os or pictures
    Amy device with wifi direct can use It and chrome Cast is cheaper
    Chrome Cast lets You run apps from your phone tablet or laptops or computer

Miracast screenshares meaning You cant just exit out
    I can send a stream from netflix then exit out because th� chrome Cast connect
    for me to netflix
    With Miracast, your TV (or Miracast dongle) is dependent on your Android device the entire time the devices are paired. If your Android goes to sleep, your TV's screen blacks out, too. This co-dependency is both a great advantage and a tragic pitfall for Miracast (think battery life).

Chromecast, however, only relies on the mobile device for a moment during the initial setup. Once the Chromecast receiver knows what content it needs to play, your mobile device holds none of the load. In which case you're free to multitask, lock your device, or queue up the next video.
    Are You sure miracast is better lol Sorry i rather link th�n go about m'y business while m'y kid or m'y pr�sentation. Is going on

Look pal
    These things you are talking about her are called value addition to a phone experience

When most people buy their phones, they usually buy it to stay connected, you might be one of the people who use your phone to do everything on, like your life depends on it...and I'm not saying that it's a bad thing...
    But you need to realise that most people don't...
    Most people still use their laptops and pcs to make presentations, you may call them outdated, but maybe that's what is convenient for them...

And I honestly don't understand your last statement,
    "i rather link th�n go about m'y business while m'y kid or m'y pr�sentation. Is going on"
    I mean wtf is that supposed to mean

Your kid is going on? Whaaat?
    And if your presentation is going on, obviously that presentation would be your business, how can you do something else while giving a presentation O_o

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 01:54 PM
    He's right. Android looks like a College project designed by some spotty little kids from computing lessons. Like Facebook, the billions have been made the product does well but does it have finesse, no not really. It sure doesn't appeal to the corporate market that's for sure but then I don't think it's supposed to. Still the kids love it and those that like loading 900 Apps and Games on their phone and Tablet love it too so who am I to argue.

BB10 is still a business tool as much as people hate to believe it
    Do you know how many business executives now use Android and IOS? I'm talking CEO's, CMO's, etc. Not knocking Blackberry, just saying it's not what it used to be.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    unpaid_intern and Witmen like this.
    06-08-14 01:55 PM
    Look pal
    These things you are talking about her are called value addition to a phone experience

When most people buy their phones, they usually buy it to stay connected, you might be one of the people who use your phone to do everything on, like your life depends on it...and I'm not saying that it's a bad thing...
    But you need to realise that most people don't...
    Most people still use their laptops and pcs to make presentations, you may call them outdated, but maybe that's what is convenient for them...

And I honestly don't understand your last statement,
    "i rather link th�n go about m'y business while m'y kid or m'y pr�sentation. Is going on"
    I mean wtf is that supposed to mean

Your kid is going on? Whaaat?
    And if your presentation is going on, obviously that presentation would be your business, how can you do something else while giving a presentation O_o

Posted via CB10
    So You rather be stuck playing a vid�o and Not being productive and doing other work seriously Guy? You were comparing miracast to chrome Cast and other ecosystems vs being limited to a pc and phone

So If i do a pr�sentation like your example
    What If i have to pull up a email or file oh wait Yes i have to wait for th� vid�o to finish or i stop th� pr�sentation or vid�o
    I thought bbry us�rs were multitaskers

With chrome Cast You play th� vid�o and your device is free to d'o anything You want
    Miracast your phone must be connected at all times while th� vid�o is playing
    Tell me how miracast is better ?
    So how doesnt a ecosystem Not help You being productive even others mention how ecosystems is more mature even crackberry kevin
    06-08-14 01:59 PM
    Ya yet It is only working on leaks It took them what 2 years to catch up Not even on offical release
    Iphone 4 and most androids had It for th� last 2 years
    Th� equaliZer is pr�set unlike most phones including th� bb7 phones what is your excuse for them now for being behind after a year of being out?

Lord If You still rely on a desktop for songs You really need to try other platforms
    I can get songs faster and higher quality without a desktop thru th� web with th� ecosystems
    I can stream, d'o ms glass to contr�l diff�rent devices , use my devices as a remote or extended screen Not with miracast but ms glass
    miracast is limited to what It can do You cant control consoles, computers etc
    I can grab pictures with th� fb app
    One question. Why are you smashing on BlackBerry and praising android?
    06-08-14 01:59 PM
    One question. Why are you smashing on BlackBerry and praising android?
    Who Sa�d i was praising Android at all lol
    Didnt You read th� original post?

Android is coll�ge kids project compared to bb10 You gotta be kidding others and myself included pointed out how immature and lacking of features
    So We and anyone Not aggreeing with you are all gunhoe against bbry ?
    More like offer critism of an immature platform

I guess ceos of companies and It and everyone in th� world have It out for bbry
    Lack of features isnt Not a bonus It is a limitation

06-08-14 02:08 PM
    So You rather be stuck playing a vid�o and Not being productive and doing other work seriously Guy? You were comparing miracast to chrome Cast and other ecosystems vs being limited to a pc and phone

So If i do a pr�sentation like your example
    What If i have to pull up a email or file oh wait Yes i have to wait for th� vid�o to finish or i stop th� pr�sentation or vid�o
    I thought bbry us�rs were multitaskers

With chrome Cast You play th� vid�o and your device is free to d'o anything You want
    Miracast your phone must be connected at all times while th� vid�o is playing
    Tell me how miracast is better ?
    So how doesnt a ecosystem Not help You being productive even others mention how ecosystems is more mature even crackberry kevin
    Again
    You are going way off topic here, still I would like to entertain you,

Can you explain to me how you would look at the email and the video at the same time?
    I would rather pause the video and then check my mails and then play the video again XD

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:09 PM
    Are you joking? 10.3 has panorama built right into the camera (and until then, we have apps in BlackBerry World, just like Android and iOS), we have had photo and video editing built in since 10.0, and does anyone seriously ever use 3D anything? There's a reason why the Evo3D and all the 3D televisions out there didn't catch on, mate...

Not to mention:
    Who needs Chromecast when you have hdmi and Miracast/DLNA? And what exactly are we lacking as far as an "ecosystem"? We can use cloud storage for basically everything, if need be, MP3s available in BlackBerry World (that can then be transferred and played on anything) are a much better option, to me, than some proprietary song type that makes me rely on a desktop program which is HORRIBLE and SLOW, and I can just download the Android version from a variety of sources for any app that I can't get natively.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-08-14 02:13 PM
    Again
    You are going way off topic here, still I would like to entertain you,

Can you explain to me how you would look at the email and the video at the same time?
    I would rather pause the video and then check my mails and then play the video again XD

Posted via CB10
    Offtopic? why dont You read th� op before You critize someone
    It is about Android vs bbry features
    Have You even read what You quote?
    So If im playing a vid�o for a pr�sentation on a tv or projector and i get an email or a phonecall from m'y wife i gotta ignore It because i got to follow th� bbry way ?Nope and i dont have to pause or interrupt th� vid�o Nor does anyone have to see th� email
    Because its on m'y phone Not on a screen to m'y bosses
    Chrome Cast allows You to stream vid�os without linking your phone So i can d'o other stuff

06-08-14 02:15 PM
    Does it hurt your feelings?
    Why would it? I don't take it personal. I just wish we could have an adult conversation without the back and forth bashing. Just talk. There is no right answer.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    reeneebob and pantlesspenguin like this.
    06-08-14 02:25 PM
    06-08-14 02:29 PM
    Could It be You didnt delete th� right photo ?
    Same things happens on bb10 If You d�l�t� th� thumbnail You dont d�l�t� th� pictures
    You have to go to th� right directory
    Homescreen is a launcher for quick access to frequently used apps thats th� way You should be using It
    Even bbry has That
    Apps screens is for all your apps just Not th� frequently used ones
    You can �dit and organize both
    Th� homescreen for th� bb10 is one screen If i remember correctly but homescreen in Android can be 3
    I would read what you post, but you really need to fix whatever it is your super android device is doing to your posts.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    06-08-14 02:30 PM
    Do you know how many business executives now use Android and IOS? I'm talking CEO's, CMO's, etc. Not knocking Blackberry, just saying it's not what it used to be.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Yeah I sure do. You end up seeing it all in the board room and meetings when all the handsets come out on the table. Not many BlackBerrys though apart from the old classic Bolds and those attached to the old BES but normally staff get those and folks using them as their business phones.
    Personal - You see a lot of iPhone 5S's and Galaxy S5's, basically any latest handsets because they can afford to replace them every 5mins.
    06-08-14 02:30 PM
    Yeah I sure do. You end up seeing it all in the board room and meetings when all the handsets come out on the table. Not many BlackBerrys though apart from the old classic Bolds and those attached to the old BES but normally staff get those and folks using them as their business phones.
    Personal - You see a lot of iPhone 5S's and Galaxy S5's, basically any latest handsets because they can afford to replace them every 5mins.
    Exactly. So BlackBerry alone is not thought of as a business device any more. That was the point I was making.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-08-14 02:32 PM
    Th�n your Not deleting It right now If You are talking about stock vendor apps no they cannot be deleted just like bbry
    You can uninstall apps Except for stock Not even bbry will allow You to d'o That
    So i dont know where your going with That

Alot of th� apps in homescreen are stock You cannot delete them because It is part of th� system rom just like stock bbry apps

However dispit� what You think Android gives You more flexibility
    If You want to r�mov� stock apps It is simple on a moto g or a Samsung root It
    Th�n You can r�move any and all stock apps You want i wouldnt suggest You r�move settings or important files

Unlike bbry You cannot r�move stock apps because You dont get root access You can try It even try removing bbm from a bb10 phone

I know all apps (except stock apps) can be deleted from all mobile Os'es. Again that is not my point. My point is how 'easy and straightforward it is to delete an app.

You seem to be very happy to explain what can be done in Android and not in BB10. But I am very aware that a lot of the same functionality is available in iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, and BB10, et cetera (and there is also a lot of unique functionality). It is not about that, it is about UX (user experience, if you didn't understand). And it isn't very surprising that I find the BB10 experience much better, because I'ved used it daily for over a year now. Therefore I know may way around the OS. I have used iOS for more than two years, and it still leaves me wondering how I could perform a task I would judge simple. I hardly ever used Android devices, except for my wife's old phone and my son's tablet. But when I do use Android, I find it pretty different from BB10 and iOS with respect to UX. The flexibility of Android has it's drawbacks, and therefore Android is a difficult to grasp OS for me. And don't get me wrong, I'm far from tech savvy and it wouldn't take me very long to adjust to Android.

Finally, the OP's father suggests that Android feels like a college student project. That is much too strong. I would say it doesn't feel very intuitive to me, but Android's flexibility has probably a lot to do with that.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:34 PM
    Exactly. So BlackBerry alone is not thought of as a business device any more. That was the point I was making.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Ah but I said it was a business tool, I didn't stipulate it was the only business tool In other words the device simply cannot compete with the likes of Android and iOS in the consumer market for those with social and entertainment needs (Even though the devices are more than capable of it)
    It comes down to an App thing again.
    06-08-14 02:37 PM
    Ah but I said it was a business tool, I didn't stipulate it was the only business tool In other words the device simply cannot compete with the likes of Android and iOS in the consumer market for those with social and entertainment needs (Even though the devices are more than capable of it)
    It comes down to an App thing again.
    And I agree it is a business tool, but obviously not the only business tool as most businesses use other platforms (I say most based on my experiences). I'm not sure apps is the whole story but I could be wrong.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-08-14 02:47 PM
    And I agree it is a business tool, but obviously not the only business tool as most businesses use other platforms (I say most based on my experiences). I'm not sure apps is the whole story but I could be wrong.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Oh definitely not. Not from a business point of view for sure. I guess there is a lot going on behind closed doors. Be good to have a pole amongst consumers as to why they favour other devices or simply would opt for one. I am sure a lot is by design, some marketing which Samsung and Apple spend multi millions on each year. Microsoft not so much but they are getting there. It's no coincidence that Apple, Samsung and Windows/Nokia devices are amongst the most popular I see travelling around London each and every day.

I wouldn't consider myself a BlackBerry 'fanboy' it just seems a shame but for me they just seemed to have got lost in the times and always turn up late to the party.
    06-08-14 02:54 PM
    I would guess what the OP's dad really meant was that, despite the fact that Android has all the possible features, all the possible apps, all the possible settings,.. it just feels like there is a lack of a unified idea to the integration and overall design of the OS.

Don't get me wrong, it's as powerful as it can be, but it's progressive modularity just gives it a feeling that the design process goes something like... people sitting around a table, and then one goes "you know what would be cool to add?! a humidity sensor!!" -- "yeah sweet, let's put one in!" Then some other person goes, "oh, oh... let's also simultaneous front and back camera capture!"--- "sweet".... and another one "ohhh.. what it really needs is touch less scrolling!"... "nice, put that in too!"

And then they just add the parts, and features, and... out the door. Without really thinking of a unifying design story, that turns all those fancy things from rarely-used gimmicks to frequently used practical features ... Something which generally Apple excels at, and which BlackBerry did pretty good at with BB10.

It's the difference between say, progressively throwing in a bunch of after market parts into a Honda civic, maybe dropping in a massive new engine. Even if it is really fast (lol),.. it just will never exude the same design maturity as a BMW M5.

As an older adult, your dad probably sees more value in that type of "overall thinking and design", than "but does it have the latest automatic cat face recognition feature!!???"

Posted via CB10
    fmb8 likes this.
    06-08-14 02:57 PM
    Very true, totally agree with what your dad said!!!
    06-08-14 03:10 PM
    Time is running out on this thread. If it can't be kept civil and on topic, it's gonna get blowed up.

My father says ANDROID looks like a college project in front of BB10 XD-timebomb.jpg

Oh yeah, and there could be special bonus points awarded, too.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-08-14 03:18 PM
    Are you joking? 10.3 has panorama built right into the camera (and until then, we have apps in BlackBerry World, just like Android and iOS), we have had photo and video editing built in since 10.0, and does anyone seriously ever use 3D anything? There's a reason why the Evo3D and all the 3D televisions out there didn't catch on, mate...

Not to mention:
    Who needs Chromecast when you have hdmi and Miracast/DLNA? And what exactly are we lacking as far as an "ecosystem"? We can use cloud storage for basically everything, if need be, MP3s available in BlackBerry World (that can then be transferred and played on anything) are a much better option, to me, than some proprietary song type that makes me rely on a desktop program which is HORRIBLE and SLOW, and I can just download the Android version from a variety of sources for any app that I can't get natively.

Posted via CB10
    Yes!! Blackberry is great!! Thanks for your support!!!
    06-08-14 03:31 PM
64 123