Great point. The BlackBerry is a communication tool; it connects people, brings them together. The other's just a brain-mushifier. Turns them into droids, then zombies.
    I beg to differ. I know this is an EVO thread. But my X performs well.
    Call quality, texting web surfing, emailing and browsing just fine.
    For me it is much more than a websurfing and gaming device.
    Googles e-mail push is awesone, as well as being able to do the same
    with yahoo email.
    07-28-10 11:05 AM
    I beg to differ. I know this is an EVO thread. But my X performs well.
    Call quality, texting web surfing, emailing and browsing just fine.
    For me it is much more than a websurfing and gaming device.
    Googles e-mail push is awesone, as well as being able to do the same
    with yahoo email.
    +1 after all the other phones i had, this one is the best.
    07-28-10 11:14 AM
    One last thing wait til the rumored Storm 3 comes out, see what it brings before u come in here running shmack.
    Any android phone out right now on any carrier I would take over any BB out righ now any day of the week.
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 07-28-10 at 11:20 AM.
    07-28-10 11:18 AM
    I love Swype on my Evo. I'm getting the hang of it after the initial learning curve.
    07-28-10 12:23 PM
    I love Swype on my Evo. I'm getting the hang of it after the initial learning curve.
    Swype is cool still mess with it from time to time but. I'm sticking with multi for now. That good ole learning curve...
    07-28-10 01:06 PM
    I have the EVO strictly for work. The phone works great, the screen is very good with emails and attachments. I can use it for a wifi hotspot for my ipad and laptop. I had Verizon before Sprint and Verizon never worked in my house the Sprint EVO always does. If you really think the phone's to heavy you need to go to the gym. My girlfriend has the EVO and never once complained about carrying it around. Sounds like your friends EVO is a lemon.
    My 9700 weighs 4.2..the EVO weighed 5.7 so yeah, it is HEAVIER. Maybe your girlfriend should STOP going to the gym.
    08-01-10 09:43 PM
    Of all the people (six to be exact) that I know who have EVOs, all of them just spend all day surfing the web and playing the games. They never respond to emails or text messages anymore.

I think that if you wanna surf the web, play games, take pictures then that's a perfect phone for you, or any other android phone for that matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I changed from bold 9650 to the evo. I personally like the exchange email on the evo a lot better than on my bold. It's like I have my outlook from the pc right in front of me. Comes in faster than my bold also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 10:48 PM
    Its hard to compare an Evo to a BB, but I had a 9000 Bold before this.
    Took a while to get used to the keyboard. I played with multiple other keyboards and most were better then stock in most fashions. The stock keyboard in 2.2 is much better though. They opened up the space for the keyboard and spaced it out better so its significantly better IMO

As far as call quality and speakerphone I never had a problem with it at all. I use speakerphone all the time and its much better then my Bold in stock form. The last OS build I had on my BB though the speakerphone finally woke up and was magnificent.
    Most people say I sound alot better on my Evo/Sprint though.

Batt life is much better on the last 2.1 update. Since updating to 2.2 batt life went back to **** again. I wont complain much as the update doesnt really happen till tommorow though and I have a leaked version, so I am sure it will get fixed again.
    Prior though on the last build I would get 24hrs of solid use daily which is on par with my BB. I actually use my Evo alot more now for Pandora and web surfing since I can actually view any pages I want now with Flash. Browsing blew big time on the BB's. Totally diff game on this phone

It does have its quarks though as any new phone will. But its part of the game.
    08-02-10 10:13 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD