Okay, so on Tuesday my HTC Desire will be arriving at my house and my worst pet hate is having to type in each bloody contact in my phonebook. So, is there any way of backing up the phone book that's currently on my blackberry so I can put it straight into the htc?

If this is in the wrong thread, please move.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 12:03 PM
    Google sync is a good way if u have a google account

06-06-10 12:42 PM
    Easiest thing to do is download Google Sync on your blackberry and sync it with your Google Acct.. once you activate your phone and sign in with your Google acct it will sync your contacts.
    06-06-10 12:44 PM
    Is there like how to's etc online on how to use it?

EDIT: just looked on the website and it says nothing about supporting HTC/Android?
    Last edited by mr.greeny; 06-06-10 at 05:37 PM.
    06-06-10 05:35 PM
    Is there like how to's etc online on how to use it?

EDIT: just looked on the website and it says nothing about supporting HTC/Android?

Google developed Android...so yeah Android phones are supported.

Just install Google sync on your BB, then sync your contacts, calendar..etc. Then when you activate your gmail on your Android device, it should sync automatically.
    06-06-10 06:11 PM
    Ahhh. This is probably a daft question, but once I've synced it with my android device can I then delete the gmail account from the device and keep my contacts? Just because I rarely, if ever, use my gmail account.

06-06-10 07:15 PM
    You need to have a gmail account on your Android device, so its best to just keep them synced.

If you deleted them from there, they will delete from your device.
    06-06-10 07:19 PM
    I'm really going to be a noob to HTC. Jees. So is it necessary to have a gmail account linked to the Android devices? Or am I just reading that wrong?

06-06-10 07:42 PM
    I'm really going to be a noob to HTC. Jees. So is it necessary to have a gmail account linked to the Android devices? Or am I just reading that wrong?

You're not reading it wrong.
    06-06-10 07:45 PM
    Oh jees. Is there any point or reason for this? Or is it just one of those things that I'm gonna have to live with?

06-06-10 08:02 PM
    Get used to it. No one is forcing you to use your gmail account once you sign in. I don't use mine much.
    06-06-10 08:14 PM
    It is why I don't get why people complain about iPhones being tied to iTunes. Android is made by Google, and especially since you're wanting to transfer contacts, you should use gmail. It is so easy and painless. Plus, because it is made by Google, gmail is the best email on an Android (Exchange accounts may work well but I don't have one). If you can get pop3 capabilities in your other email, just pull them into gmail and you can have all of your emails in one inbox.
    06-06-10 10:25 PM
    Srvcb - this is what I was hoping to avoid. Cause atm I have two inboxes on my blackberry and I can only just about manage with that (ocd wise). So is it easy to integrate my other email addresses into a gmail inbox?

Xliderider - ha. I've heard google monitor your phone and send hate mail to you to enforce you using gmail tbh!

06-07-10 10:57 AM
    Hey guys. I've now got ny HTC and one of the problems I'm facing is linking my contacts to their Facebook. It take the phone numbers that they've put on their fb. Some numbers on fb are out of date/old number and some people don't put real numbers in. And if the right numbers are there then i get two sets of numbers. I can't find out how to delete the extra numbers without un-linking the contact from Facebook... but I want their photographs.
    Can anyone help?

06-09-10 05:16 AM
    How about idrive? Has anyone tried this? The Lite version is free and for those of you not wanting to use Gmail and/or Google Sync, this is probably a winner.
    06-10-10 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD