We don't know whether this is going to be the Droid 2, the Droid X, or both, but Motorola, Google, Verizon, and Adobe -- yes, Adobe -- are all getting on stage out in New York on the 23rd of the month to announce some new Android gear. Should be exciting, so keep it locked -- because naturally, we'll be on-hand for all the festivities.
    06-15-10 05:55 PM
    Exclusive: Motorola Droid X preview -- Engadget

Looks sick. Plus, I know exactly where they were sitting. Looks like I need to go stake that place out and get me a new X.
    06-15-10 09:01 PM

Looks sick. Plus, I know exactly where they were sitting. Looks like I need to go stake that place out and get me a new X.
    Damn! That thing is ridiculous! I'm trying to hold out for the Droid Pro, but this thing is making me think.
    06-15-10 09:33 PM
    Good night bb u had a good run.
    06-15-10 10:00 PM
    Yeah I'm up for my upgrade on the 19th. Was going for an Inc, but WTH is four more days. I will look this thing up and down!
    06-15-10 10:34 PM
    It's a slightly bigger version of the Incredible, but with a different OS. Nothing more, nothing less. Bring in on!
    06-15-10 10:50 PM
    That phone just looks sooo big. Oh God, decisions...decisions.
    06-16-10 08:00 AM
    Sick phone so excited

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 09:00 AM
    06-16-10 10:53 AM
    It's a slightly bigger version of the Incredible, but with a different OS. Nothing more, nothing less. Bring in on!

HDMI out and recording in HD is nothing more? Plus it feels "well made" compared to the incredible.
    06-16-10 11:06 AM
    HDMI out and recording in HD is nothing more? Plus it feels "well made" compared to the incredible.
    The Incredible is nice, but this thing is nuts!
    06-16-10 11:28 AM
    The Incredible is nice, but this thing is nuts!
    Here is the full Engadget review. Videos etc, this is definitely my next
    phone. This phone is so good it makes my ick hard......

06-16-10 11:37 AM
    Here is the full Engadget review. Videos etc, this is definitely my next
    phone. This phone is so good it makes my ick hard......

I just slobbered on my Droid!
    06-16-10 11:44 AM
    i just slobbered on my droid!
    roflmao..............
    06-16-10 11:45 AM
    It's JUST like with RIM, or with ANYone they are ALWAYS making us chase something bigger, faster, badder, etc coming just around the corner!!!!! When will we ever be satisfied with the phone we have? (don't answer that, it's rhetorical! )

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm salivating myself over the "slider"
    06-16-10 01:46 PM
    ^^^ I agree. I was discussing this with a friend and came to the conclusion that apple is so successful because it gives the consumer only a couple of options and one has to wait a year for a newer model. In my opinion this is a better business model than having a device coming out every month.
    06-16-10 01:51 PM
    ^^^ I agree. I was discussing this with a friend and came to the conclusion that apple is so successful because it gives the consumer only a couple of options and one has to wait a year for a newer model. In my opinion this is a better business model than having a device coming out every month.
    Yes, but remember, Android is just an operating system, not a phone manufacturer.
    06-16-10 01:58 PM
    It's JUST like with RIM, or with ANYone they are ALWAYS making us chase something bigger, faster, badder, etc coming just around the corner!!!!! When will we ever be satisfied with the phone we have? (don't answer that, it's rhetorical! )

This should (may) keep me satisfied til something 4g comes out. But my anal mind says not front facing camera; for video calls.......
    06-16-10 02:12 PM

See I completely disagree. I was a diehard BB fan until I realized all the devices were all exactly the same and no device had better features than the others (besides CDMA and GSM 3G and maybe WiFi added).

Seeing all these new Android devices is just intense. It is a heavy weight title fight. BB? It's just "lets add a little more memory, keep a 2 year old processor, same screen tech, same MP camera, not work on truncated emails, not automatically adding numbers to work field...etc..."

And it gets old. But a lot of people are happy with it so RIM is does something right for those people. Hopefully their new theme (or should I say OS) is a big hit.
    06-16-10 04:51 PM
    This should (may) keep me satisfied til something 4g comes out. But my anal mind says not front facing camera; for video calls.......
    After looking at the size of that screen and really seeing it for what it is
    who needs a front facing video cam.....
    Thats what I have a netbook for
    06-16-10 07:39 PM
    Already having froyo and flash, and able to run 1.3ghz makes me *sigh* at the second gen droid. I would still take it though!
    @avt....RIM better bust some rear, because I hear the android platform is getting ready pass RIM in exchange security policies, and allow full on push of all email like gmail. It seems with each new OS release they get closer. And unlike other platforms, android is whipping out OS updates like desert
    06-16-10 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD