Does anyone else feel a little bothered by this? I mean why release the same phone with a better camera and the ability to record 720p video and then cut the physical keyboard? Why not just put it all into one phone and release it across whatever carriers they want? Word is its going to T-Mobile but we'll see. Im pretty sure its true...i mean when are these rumors ever not true?

11-16-09 04:42 PM
    I mean why release the same phone with a better camera and the ability to record 720p video and then cut the physical keyboard? Why not just put it all into one phone and release it across whatever carriers they want?
    Motorola wanted to offer its phones through as many carriers as possible, however, each carrier also wants a certain level of exclusivity. With this solution, Verizon can enjoy Q4 2009 of Droid exclusivity, while T-Mobile can enjoy the exclusivity of a likely thinner Droid with better image/video acquisition.

It's all about compromises, that way Motorola wins with multiple carriers selling their handsets, and Verizon and T-Mobile each win with their own form of exclusivity.

ADDENDUM ... This is just an opinion, I don't have any friends who work for any of these companies
    Last edited by sonni_kuba; 11-16-09 at 06:34 PM.
    11-16-09 06:29 PM
    What ever happened to just switching up the form factor like the hero? They might as well not even coodename it sholes. Its a completely different device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 07:26 PM
    What ever happened to just switching up the form factor like the hero? They might as well not even codename it sholes. Its a completely different device.
    As you point out, it is a code name for internal use only. I am sure the marketing gurus are scratching their heads as to how to brand the device when it will be ready for (hopefully) mass consumption.
    11-16-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD