i really like the LG too but it would would have to be dual core, otherwise i would either wait of get the thunderbolt i think
    01-06-11 04:10 PM
    The LG is by far the best looking phone of the 4 in my opinion, but if it's not dual core, I guess I'll go to the Motorola. I guess it just depends on release dates really.

I'm just so tired of my Storm.
    01-06-11 04:54 PM
    Well, it appears to be official, the only dual core LTE phone for Verizon so far is the Bionic. I'm really disappointed that the LG doesn't appear to be dual core.

It's like Motorola was the only company that could pull off LTE and dual core at the same time. AT&T got a lot of sweet dual core phones, but they obviously aren't LTE and all but one of Verizon's LTE phones are single core.

While some may not like Motoblur or the locked bootloader, people have to give them some props on being ready with the goods for Verizon.
    01-06-11 05:37 PM
    where you get specs on the lg?
    01-06-11 05:47 PM
    01-06-11 06:03 PM
    it said no word on processor or ram? i watched the video but didnt catch it there either. it just seems everyone assumes no dual core
    01-06-11 06:13 PM
    Still no word on the RAM for the Revolution yet?
    01-06-11 06:14 PM
    i really like the LG too but it would would have to be dual core, otherwise i would either wait of get the thunderbolt i think
    That's what I'm starting to think. Get the TB or wait. Also depends on release dates. I actually have two lines available for upgrade at this point so I'm not all that concerned about getting something now and then later.

Hands on reviews and features may be the deciding factor.
    01-06-11 06:22 PM
    All these new phones look awesome... decisions, decisions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 07:22 PM
    I watched pocketnow demo the Atrix and I agree with them that it didn't really look like a dual core phone. It didn't really seem faster than some of the phones currently out. I'm guessing it's probably Blur. I guess Blur is so intrusive that not even 1GB of RAM can speed up the performance of the phone that much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 08:07 PM
    that's another thing i was thinking. the current phones are already really fast and i've never been left wishing for more speed or smoothness out of my incredible. other than benchmarks will the difference really be that big with a dual core?

if dual core turns out not to be that big of a deal until say a year down the road then that really opens up the playing field for me.
    01-06-11 10:15 PM
    battery life should be batter once software starts to optimize to it. and yes you can do alot more with more RAM and the processing power that the newer phones have
    01-06-11 10:28 PM
    The LG is confirmed to have a 1Ghz processor. The only dual core device on VZW is the Bionic. I am getting it no matter what and then I will probably sell it when the next batch of dual core devices come out. Unless something else is announced sooner.

I'm pissed off the Bionic doesn't have 1GB of RAM, but at least it is DDR2.
    01-07-11 06:28 AM
    -Motorola Bionic has a 1930 mah battery-better than any other phone's out there.

-it has a Tegra 2 dual core processor, running at 1 gig each...most powerful processor on any phone.

-has a QHD screen at 960X540, better than the great majority of smartphones available.

-it has the fastest 4G network...LTE

With these advantages...Yes, I will definitely be getting the Bionic. If I was on At&T, it would be either the Bionic or the next Iphone(depending on features and specs).
    01-07-11 08:45 AM
    -Motorola Bionic has a 1930 mah battery-better than any other phone's out there.

-it has a Tegra 2 dual core processor, running at 1 gig each...most powerful processor on any phone.

-has a QHD screen at 960X540, better than the great majority of smartphones available.

-it has the fastest 4G network...LTE

With these advantages...Yes, I will definitely be getting the Bionic. If I was on At&T, it would be either the Bionic or the next Iphone(depending on features and specs).
    It looks like it'll be the Bionic for me as well. It's just a matter of if I can wait for another couple of months.
    01-07-11 08:49 AM
    The bionic seems like Verizon's 4G option. I wanted to avoid moto but I will probably choose the bionic as well.
    01-07-11 09:15 AM
    The bionic seems like Verizon's 4G option. I wanted to avoid moto but I will probably choose the bionic as well.
    Same here. I really can't complain though, Moto has always been good to me. I'm sure the Bionic will continue the trend.
    01-07-11 09:25 AM
    I'll take the Thunderbolt, before the Bionic. I want to be able to make the changes I want to make to it.
    01-07-11 09:28 AM
    I just can't buy HTC until battery life is close to half decent. I'd take the LG over both the Thunderbolt and the Samsung.
    01-07-11 09:32 AM
    I'll take the Thunderbolt, before the Bionic. I want to be able to make the changes I want to make to it.
    what do you mean exactly by able to make changes? I'm not that familiar with Androids?...
    01-07-11 09:33 AM
    what do you mean exactly by able to make changes? I'm not that familiar with Androids?...
    The bootloader is locked. Meaning, if you hack your device, you can't boot into a custom recovery unless you restart the device into recovery. You also can't install custom kernels which helps battery life and allows for overclocking optimization. You can still overclock though with a locked bootloader, you have to stick with the stock kernel though.

Basically having a locked bootloader makes it harder for the hacking community to do what they do. We still will be able to load custom ROMs, themes, root and whatnot. It will be the same way as it is right now on the DX, which is not that bad, just frustrating at some times.

If you have no plans of going deep into hacking and optimizing your device, this wont matter to you one bit.
    01-07-11 09:40 AM
    The bootloader is locked. Meaning, if you hack your device, you can't boot into a custom recovery unless you restart the device into recovery. You also can't install custom kernels which helps battery life and allows for overclocking optimization. You can still overclock though with a locked bootloader, you have to stick with the stock kernel though.

Basically having a locked bootloader makes it harder for the hacking community to do what they do. We still will be able to load custom ROMs, themes, root and whatnot. It will be the same way as it is right now on the DX, which is not that bad, just frustrating at some times.

If you have no plans of going deep into hacking and optimizing your device, this wont matter to you one bit.
    Do you think it makes phone calls and sends text messages?
    01-07-11 09:54 AM
    Do you think it makes phone calls and sends text messages?
    Android phones have no communications apps. You should know the only devices capable of messaging and phone calls are BlackBerrys.
    01-07-11 09:57 AM
    Android phones have no communications apps. You should know the only devices capable of messaging and phone calls are BlackBerrys.
    Hahaha, now that's funny stuff. In all honesty the only thing I've done to my Storm is create a few themes and buy one theme and some games, so I'm not really all that concerned about a locked boot loader. I'm a programmer so I'm sure I could make use of a lot of the custom programs out there, but I don't put that much effort into my phone, after all I already have to put that kind of effort in at work.

That could be why my Storm isn't able to hold me over as long as it can hold others, but with all of the new stuff coming out anyway, why should it? It looks like the Bionic is the phone for me. I was contemplating getting a Droid X or a Droid Incredible a couple of months ago, but I thought I would just wait a little longer to see what was coming out and I'm glad I did.
    01-07-11 10:39 AM
    Locked bootloader, hot topic eh? The people concerened about the bootloader, wanting to hack/hijack the phone are so small compared to the "market." I like running custom ROMs and rooting, but I think a locked down/secure device is only going to help Motorola. The large part of smart phone consumers want a secure device because it contains personal data. If the rumor mill is that motorolas devices are cracked and hacked easily, it will hurt their image to the professional. If you want a hackable device look elsewhere. Motorola is only going to lock them down farther. I like it, and the more locked down, the better. I still like having 2 DEVICES, one to crack and have fun with. And one to use so locked down, hackers can't do **** to it.
    01-07-11 10:52 AM
165 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD