So, did anyone here get the Backflip when it came out? And did you have the constant probs with it that everyone complains about? It was all the hype a year ago, but that didn't seem to last long! I got one and it's actually shipped off for repair. I wasn't expecting great expectations from it since it only did have a 528mhz processor, but I think I have had worse! So now I'm back to my good ol' reliable 8900! Still works as good as it did the day I bought it 2 years ago.
    03-11-11 07:31 AM
    You would have never went back to your BB if you would have gotten a high end Android device. The backflip is a low end device and I don't remember any hype over it. The Backflip got bad reviews and is over all a piece of junk. You got what you paid for.

Don't judge the Android platform by a sub par device such as the Backflip, you should try something of better quality next time.

BTW even though 8900 might meet your needs or does what you want it to, it doesn't even compare to a high end Android device like the Atrix or Inspire. The 8900 is laggy, low res screen and has the many shortcomings that Blackberry is famous for.
    03-11-11 07:52 AM
    I've never had the Backflip but if it worked for you then thats good, but overall that phone seemed like a terrible idea to put together. You should check out a "higher-end" Android phone like the Inspire 4G or Atrix and that might give you a better overall user experience.
    03-11-11 08:14 AM
    Backflip, Cliq, Cliq XT are all a POS.

Posted from my Evo at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 08:04 PM
    I had the tour and it was great, I replaced it with the evo and I do miss the bbos to say.

Android isnt that bad of an OS, but it feels like they're in it for money if some talk trash about the phones they put it on imho, js

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 08:17 PM
    Backflip, Cliq, Cliq XT are all a POS.

Posted from my Evo at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The Cliq with ALXD mod 2.1.5 is bearable.

03-11-11 09:13 PM
    The great thing about Android is that cost is becoming a virtually non-existent barrier to consumer adoption.

It also means you'll find some that are relatively cheaply made, and that are not the best indicators of a good Android experience.
    03-13-11 11:09 PM
    I had the tour and it was great, I replaced it with the evo and I do miss the bbos to say.
    You're lucky to have had a good experience with a Tour. Mine suffered from continual lag regardless of what OS I tried as well as signal bounce. I can't imagine someone missing theirs.

Android isnt that bad of an OS, but it feels like they're in it for money if some talk trash about the phones they put it on imho, js

That makes no sense. First off, every company is in it for the money, whether it be RIM cheaping out on the Curves and taking away the camera flash, or other manufacturers doing things. The users of higher end BB devices aren't usually a big fan of the lower end ones just like Android.

Google is providing the OS essentially to anyone who feels like making a device to run it in a way similar to MS does with PC manufacturers. I guess I don't see the downside to that. People just need to do their research and understand that higher end devices will typically deliver a better user experience than lower end ones regardless of the OS they run.
    03-14-11 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD