does anyone know if the motorola atrix can support bbm or yahoo messenger? or kik????????
    04-04-11 03:42 AM
    Well nothing other than BB will support BBM at this time. There was a rumor floating around that RIM is considering releasing a version for other platforms but given how fast they move on other things, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yahoo Messenger is available, and KIK, Liveprofile, Ping chat, and others are also available.
    gilgastelum21 likes this.
    04-04-11 04:40 AM
    Oh ok cool, doesn't live profile have bbm??? So can any of them chat with a bbm user?????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 04:50 AM
    Live Profile wouldnt "have BBM"..its a BBM-like messanger..but yes..it would be cross platform meaning anyone with a BB, android, and iPhone (i'm assuming) would be able to chat "bbm-like" with each other. I've never used it so I can't comment on it. I use Whatsapp..which is nearly identical to BBM (imo) and is cross platform.
    04-04-11 08:17 AM
    Give LiveProfile a try ... I think it's damn near the closest thing to BBM
    04-04-11 08:46 AM
    There are a few BBM-like apps out there. LiveProfile has been getting all the press lately since the BB version just recently came out. It had the ability to share files (not just photos) and has been getting more and more reliable all the time.

Kik is very reliable, and fast. When there were times LP was having connectivity issues, I would fall back to using Kik. They just recently added photo sharing (only using the camera) and group chat. The downside is that it its only available for iPhone and Android (Kik was "kicked" off of BB by RIM).

Ping Chat also works similar to BBM. It its also available on multiple platforms, and is free (ad supported).

WhatsApp is also similar. It doesn't have (R)ead confirmations (only delivered), and costs $1.99 per year.
    04-04-11 09:04 AM
    Let go of BBM, in time you will see that it's irrelevant and it's not the end all do all of instant messengers. As mentioned before there are other viable IM programs that work just as good as BBM.
    04-04-11 12:16 PM
    Hello. I came to android a little over a month ago...jumped ship from bold 9000 to Motorola atrix! And I love it!!! Do it!

Make the switch! Yahoo is supported and so is Kik. Not bbm though..

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    04-06-11 01:36 AM
    WhatsApp is also similar. It doesn't have (R)ead confirmations (only delivered), and costs $1.99 per year.
    It does actually. One green checkmark is delivered, two green check marks is read. And as for cost, it's free for the first year, and then $1.99 per year after.

EDIT: Just read this from the Whatsapp FAQ's:

These green checkmarks are actually very important since they function as message delivery acknowledgement indicators. Here is what they mean:

1 checkmark - message successfully delivered to the server.

2 checkmark - message succesfully delivered to the device of the chat partner. (note: this does not indicate that message was read, just that it was delivered)

I find this strange..because i've been using this program for about 8 months now..and I'll see the single checkmark telling me it's delivered, and then I can watch people come "online" (because they've gotten a message) and instantly it'll give me two checkmarks..and then I can see them "typing" in a response. Very rarely have I ever seen the double checkmark until the message has been read. I've seen it sit for hours with a single checkmark and then as soon as someone comes "online"..boom..double checks. *shrug* That's good enough imo
    Last edited by Rickroller; 04-06-11 at 07:52 AM.
    04-06-11 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD