Motorola is supposed to have a 2GHz processor droid in the works. This phone is coming sometime this year. Now what would one do with all this. I must say it would be worth consideration, but not really a deal breaker for me. I love my berry.
    06-10-10 03:01 PM
    Woot buy that phone then the next day its 3GHz! Weeeeeeeeeee
    06-10-10 03:33 PM
    1 GHz works for me right now. I'm not buying a new Verizon phone until LTE is out. Right now the limiting factor for me isn't the processor, it's

a) the lack of bandwidth

b) the lack of available software.

c) the lack of stuff that takes advantage of the present bandwidth and hardware.

I have 1 GHz, but I copy/select text different in K9 than I do in the browser or in SMS. This is nonsense.
    06-11-10 01:23 AM
    I'm hanging onto my storm2, but I am really impressed with the evo 4g and its big screen. I had the chance to play around with an evo the other day and that 1GHz snapdragon really makes things snappy...no pun intended, but it felt super fast and responsive.

My questions are (and I am NOT trying to be a party pooper)...

- Why do we need a 2 GHz processor?
    - What benefits will it serve over the latest 1GHz devices?

Super advanced gaming? Cool, but not my thing.
    Running advanced software? I'll stick to my laptop for PhotoShop.
    Better media playback? EVO looked great to me!

Maybe I need to read the tech blogs more, but gimme some hints why I should wait for a 2GHz device. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 04:38 AM
    Happy with the nexus one, froyo is pretty solid .2ghz is probably not needed
    06-11-10 04:44 AM
    At this point they just need to refine what they have....
    06-11-10 08:55 AM
    I like how these devices keep evolving but a 2ghz processor for a phone at this point in time serves no vital purpose.
    06-11-10 09:03 AM
    I'm hanging onto my storm2, but I am really impressed with the evo 4g and its big screen. I had the chance to play around with an evo the other day and that 1GHz snapdragon really makes things snappy...no pun intended, but it felt super fast and responsive.

My questions are (and I am NOT trying to be a party pooper)...

- Why do we need a 2 GHz processor?
    - What benefits will it serve over the latest 1GHz devices?

Super advanced gaming? Cool, but not my thing.
    Running advanced software? I'll stick to my laptop for PhotoShop.
    Better media playback? EVO looked great to me!

Maybe I need to read the tech blogs more, but gimme some hints why I should wait for a 2GHz device. Thanks!

I'm with you. I don't really understand the need either. It seems that time would be better spent fine tuning the software/hardware marriage that we already have. Some of these devices were probably rushed out there without fully maximizing the combination. Let's perfect what we already have before we rush full speed ahead into this other stuff. I love technology but for pete's sake - SLOW DOWN already.
    06-11-10 09:09 AM
    Lame. You guys are party Poopers. If it was up to you then we would probably still be on 486 processors on our PC's. There is never too fast. Sign me up for that beast.

06-11-10 11:08 AM
    2ghz is excessive; at least for now. I'd rather them work on improving battery life.
    06-11-10 11:21 AM
    Will a 2ghz processor affect the battery life?

06-11-10 11:40 AM
    2ghz is excessive; at least for now. I'd rather them work on improving battery life.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Granted I am a tech junkie and love all the new gadgets that companies come out with. But lets be honest here 1GHz is fine for right now. My HTC Incredible is as smooth as any device I have used so why the need for more speed?
    06-11-10 11:43 AM
    More speed is always good but it better come with a better battery. ;-)

06-11-10 12:40 PM
    1ghz is fine on my incredible. Unless the come out with some sort of crazy battery then the battery life will be very low.
    06-11-10 01:18 PM
    Here's my take..... If it could have decent battery life, I'm all for it. And yes right now 2GHZ may seem useless but that's now. With a processor of that power the phone will have more capabilities which is good in the long run for developers. So if we are thinking in terms of now, yes 2GHZ is a bit over the top. But in terms of where they want to go with smartphones, 2GHZ may be necessary. If we all thought like that, we wouldn't have 3 GHZ processors in our computers and still working with 768 MHZ. Let's face it, we'll get to 2GHZ eventually anyway, they just want to do it first. But I do agree, there are some other issues that need to be corrected first.
    06-11-10 01:59 PM
    At this rate, I wonder what kinds of phones we'll see in 2011.
    06-11-10 02:35 PM
    Lame. You guys are party Poopers. If it was up to you then we would probably still be on 486 processors on our PC's. There is never too fast. Sign me up for that beast.

I'm with you.

I ask this though, would we be seeing the same negative response if it was the precious 9800 "slider" that was rumored to have this processor? I think not.
    06-11-10 02:48 PM
    I'm with you.

I ask this though, would we be seeing the same negative response if it was the precious 9800 "slider" that was rumored to have this processor? I think not.
    Of course not. If RIM puts it on their devices, it's great. But if others do it and RIM doesn't, it's not necessary. Go figure.
    06-11-10 03:13 PM
    Don't know if I really need 2Ghz but I really want one bad
    06-11-10 04:14 PM
    Don't know if I really need 2Ghz but I really want one bad
    I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it
    06-11-10 04:48 PM
    Imagine a BlackBerry with a 2ghz processor.

06-11-10 06:01 PM
    It'd be the fastest phone alive that didn't let you check subfolders on your email.

I'm all for innovation, but power management & batteries need to keep up with it. I don't want a phone that lasts 45 minutes.
    06-11-10 10:05 PM
    If it's LTE compatible I will be on it. Also there is rumor of a Samsung Galaxy 2 with a 4.3" screen and amped up specs as well. But let us see if they will push the limit of the screens to rival that of the iphone.......4
    07-07-10 10:58 AM
    Of course I want one. I don't want to have a need for my laptop anymore. I want to replace all the clunky outdated tech in my life with my phone. The sooner the better.

07-09-10 12:34 PM
    Motorolla is just talking.. 2GHZ please first make it and then talk... and plus who cares .. 1 ghz is actually is the perfect speed for phones right now.. i have a 800 mhz moment with no lag.. maybe a 1.5 ghz is the most i would want. but like stated before FOCUS on the BATTERY then we can discuss processor speeds..
    07-09-10 03:54 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD