So I just bought the Adroid at verizon after owning the Storm 1. I have it set up with hotmail since that's the main email I use and I'm just not getting anything . Any advice on how to correct this problem. Thanks.
    03-24-10 11:50 AM
    I have two hotmail email accounts set up on my Droid. One live one hotmail.

Couple suggestions and a couple questions for you.

Suggestion 1. Try to delete email account and really set up the email account.

Suggestion 2. Check your incoming email settings and check the time delay for receiving new messages. Make sure its not set to never. Also check that your gmails actively is syncing as well.

Now questions for you..

1. Are you running stock software on your device or do you have a custom rom set up?
    2. Are you rooted?
    3. Is there anything else that is not working properly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 01:15 PM
    Are you using these settings for your incoming and outgoing server?

Hotmail/MSN

incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
    Security type = SSL
    Server port 995

outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com
    login required = yes
    security type = TLS
    Server port 587
    03-24-10 03:06 PM
    Try this:\\POP server: pop3.live.com
    Authentication type: SSL
    User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example [email protected]
    Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
    SMTP server: smtp.live.com
    Autentication type: use TLS

LOL at XL ain't google neat?
    03-24-10 05:01 PM
    Hotmail works fine. However, should you get tired of that setup, simply forward your hotmail emails to your gmail account and create a label for them...
    AFAIK, msn/Hotmail requires you to have a premium acct (paid) for the option to forward emails to another acct.

I forward all my Time Warner (Roadrunner) emails to my Gmail acct because I get it instantly that way.
    03-24-10 09:18 PM
    Sorry for the delay.

I do have the same settings that you guys have posted. I am running a stock set up. I bought it about two days ago and I have not received a single email. The only time I got email was the day the lady at verizon was setting it up. Since then I haven't had one. I love this phone but I will have to replace it if I can't get emails.
    03-26-10 10:45 AM
    Sometimes that happens to my Droid as well. A power cycle (power off/on) usually solves the problem. The Droid will be forced to resync with all accounts. No need for extreme action (reboot, or battery pull).
    03-26-10 02:41 PM
    Excuse my ignorance but how do I turn it on and off without doing a battery pull?
    03-30-10 02:18 PM
    Hold the Mute/Standby button down and a pop-up screen will come up asking if you want Airplane Mode, etc. Select Power Off at the bottom, or Reboot Phone.
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-30-10 at 04:15 PM.
    03-30-10 04:13 PM
    I also switched from S1 to a Moto Droid. When I set up my GMail account, I went on my PC to do so. Once GMail was set up I went into the settings and had my hotmail account forwarded to GMail, it also synched all of my hotmail contacts to GMail for me. I then set my reply address in GMail to my hotmail address, so I didn't have to contact anybody to change my email address. Basically GMail just acts as a server for my hotmail account and it is as if nothing has changed. This is all from a free hotmail account. Haven't had any issues and now all of my mail is delivered to 3 places, hotmail, GMail online and my phone.
    Last edited by lancelincoln; 04-01-10 at 04:10 PM.
    04-01-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD