Can we hope of a new droid 2nd quarter maybe.. With just some hardware improvements on the keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 05:47 PM
    very doubtful we'll see a droid 2 until at least a year, if they do even decide to call it that
    12-07-09 06:00 PM
    sorry this isnt RIM......
    12-07-09 07:12 PM
    sorry this isnt RIM......
    Or Samsung (Omnia II) or HTC (HD2, Touch Pro2) or LG (Env2, Env3) or Motorola (RAZR 2). Oh wait...that one IS Motorola
    12-08-09 07:10 AM
    Or Samsung (Omnia II) or HTC (HD2, Touch Pro2) or LG (Env2, Env3) or Motorola (RAZR 2). Oh wait...that one IS Motorola

Omnia 2- Ok but Winmo 6.5 is not.

HTC HD2- Nice looking, Too big for pockets, and sucks battery like crazy,

Touch Pro2- Winmo 6.5...
    12-08-09 07:14 AM
    It came out less than a month ago and already threads like this?
    12-08-09 03:54 PM
    It came out less than a month ago and already threads like this?
    Former Storm owners................
    12-08-09 04:00 PM
    Moto will definitely capitalize on the Droid success and release another Android phone by Summer IMHO, but it wont be the Droid 2. They'll keep that as an ongoing line like the Storm/Storm2/Storm3 (which will happen at some point) will be.

So I'd say its a safe bet to see another powerhouse Moto Android phone, but it wont be the Droid 2.
    12-08-09 11:59 PM
    Can we hope of a new droid 2nd quarter maybe.. With just some hardware improvements on the keyboard?

Don't even start lol. The Droid keyboard is very manageable for like 99% of the people who just use it after a week or less. Its a great device and no major problems would warrant a new device for a while.
    12-09-09 12:48 PM
    Interesting thread, but......I doubt a droid 2 is in the works cause this phone has so much potential, especially being open source and all. I liked the "sorry this isnt RIM" comment. nice!! The droid is on a totally different level and its a pretty solid release phone(im lovin mine, i have many apps on it ranging from android golf to super nes emu to television)
    12-10-09 01:12 AM
    What kind of improvements could there possibly be?

The "perfect" electronic device will never exist.
    12-10-09 08:51 AM

I believe so...just like the storm...they went on ahead and made a new & improved Storm2...I believe they're just testing the waters before launching a Droid remake perhaps with more internal memory & more apps...then again...that's my own personal hypothesis.
    12-18-09 09:37 PM
    For the 2011 model of the Droid (Nov 2010 release), I'd suggest:

1. World phone support
    2. Google to be taken out behind the woodshed if they have not yet added Bluetooth Voice Dialing to Android by that point
    3. Next generation chipset as long as it doesn't harm battery life
    4. If the 1x signal interference issues on the Droid can't be fixed without losing the heavy use of metal, then reduce the metal content. Either way, you should not be able to knock down the signal by 15dbm simply by changing how you hold the phone in your hand.
    5. More onboard application memory, or else support for placing applications on the SD card

That about covers everything, I think.
    12-19-09 02:47 PM
    I hope they do another Droid gen phone. Unlike the storm, the first gen Droid is almost flawless...****, I am liking the keyboard better than the BB curve I use to have (and I firkin Loved that thing) There IS ALWAYS room for improvement on any device, I am just glad MOTO got it right with this phone running such a bad *** android platform.
    12-19-09 11:07 PM
    this is what i posted in the other droid 2 thread ... http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/mo...nd-gen-388896/

the only reason the storm 2 came out was to fix the train wreck that the storm 1 was. The storm 2 is also a train wreck but its not as bad.

since the DROID is almost a flawless device there is no need to bring out a second gen one. you will see motorla bringing out more android based devices but they will most likely by under a different model name.
    12-20-09 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD