I want to put my own MP3 ringtones and JPEG wallpapers on my Droid.

After I connect the phone to my computer via USB and have the main folder open, which folder do I drag rings & wallpapers into so I can then assign them from the phone?

Or do I need to create new folders. So far I have only emailed myself a wallpaper and then saved it in the gallery and it successfully displayed on my phone.

Thanks in advance!
    11-08-09 02:12 PM
    I made a "music" and "picture" folder and that worked out well. I'd say just make a "ringtone" folder. Or you could download "Ringdroid" (it's free) and make your own right on the phone using your music.
    11-08-09 03:39 PM
    Ok I will try that. I wonder, does the gallery then see those folders?
    11-08-09 05:57 PM
    The gallery, mp3 player, etc will search the sd card for media so you can organize everything in whatever folders you feel like
    11-08-09 06:16 PM
    The gallery, mp3 player, etc will search the sd card for media so you can organize everything in whatever folders you feel like
    Awesome!! Thank you! That's how it should be, another reason Droid is badass!
    11-08-09 07:10 PM
    No problem. I have mine setup with the following folders:

Music (Contains Rock, Rap, Techno, etc folders)
    Wallpaper
    Photos
    Ringtones
    Alerts
    APKs (for apps)

and I think thats all I have setup so far since I rarely put movies on my phones.
    11-08-09 11:48 PM
    Man this is sweet! So far I created the folders:

Music
    Ringtones
    Wallpapers

And they all are directed to their respective locations on the phone for assigning! I love it, now this IS a smartphone!
    11-09-09 01:24 AM
    Yeah, I'm lovin this phone
    11-09-09 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD