I am having a problem deciding which Droid I want, has anyone on here switched between the Droid and Droid Eris? If so, besides the screen size difference and physical keyboard, what else is different about it? I read in some reviews that its sluggish sometimes. I like the idea of having more then 3 home screens to put widgets on and other applications. I also love HTC as a phone maker. Any other reasons??
    12-29-09 12:07 PM
    I have neither of the devices you're asking about, but I read up a lot, I say the Motorola Droid...
    12-29-09 12:09 PM
    Mustang GT or Ford Escape same choice. And yes I have had both devices. If you want the Sense UI on the Droid thats easy with an app called gde and the hero theme, you also get multiple screens I have 4 currently but you can customize. The Eris was nice and a good size for the pocket, but the Droid IMO is a beast.
    Last edited by spaciorek; 12-29-09 at 12:24 PM.
    12-29-09 12:21 PM
    is GDE a free app?
    12-29-09 12:34 PM
    I just installed it and the HTC Hero theme.. It's pretty cool!
    12-29-09 01:07 PM
    I have the Eris and have no issues with it at all I did not like the size of the droid so I went with the eris. Some people complain about the battery and lag but compared to any blackberry its a dream machine. Coming from a blackberry it takes time to get use to it but after that you will love it.
    12-29-09 01:25 PM
    eris all day
    12-29-09 01:50 PM
    I have the Droid Eris and love it. (came from bb storm)
    My major issue with the Droid was that it was a Motarola phone. I have not had a good experience with any Motarola phone so that was a deal ender for me
    12-29-09 06:19 PM
    You can't deny the power of the Droid. I have it coming from a BlackBerry Curve 8330 and I will never go back to a BlackBerry ever again because of it.
    12-29-09 09:46 PM
    I have owned them both. Turn by turn voice navigation, speed, hardware, size of SD card, sound quality, favor the droid. I think the cameras are the same. Sense UI is an HTC thing that I kinda like, but there are many themes for the Motorola that give a similar experience. If you don't try the droid you wont miss it...lol. You could buy the nexus if you wanted a modern android experience, available on the 5th, if a physical keyboard is not your thing? Dunno, but don't expect the eris to perform like a droid, bottom line.
    12-29-09 11:56 PM
    I say go with the Eris. I like the form factor better on the Eris and the 2.1 update will be rolling out soon so you will get the benefit of turn by turn Google navigation shortly on the Eris ( NAV 4 ALL will suffice for now ). Speed wise, coming from the Storm, the Eris is fast and my battery life has now gone to about 20 hours from like 8-10 hours just by turning the screen brightness down all the way and using TaskPanel which keeps my phone running fast all day. The Droid has an awesome screen, but for me, high quality YouTube videos look just fine on my Eris, but for some that may not be good enough. One of the factors that helped me choose the device I wanted was whether or not I was going to allow myself to have a phone with a physical keyboard that I wouldn't even be using ( I'm not going back to a physical keyboard )! Sorry for the long post but I just love my Eris too much to see it go under represented! Either way, Eris or Droid, your going to be getting an awesome device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DarkSource; 12-30-09 at 07:11 PM.
    12-30-09 02:36 AM
    I too am contemplating leaving the world of BlackBerry. I am gonna choose between the two Droids. I'm gonna go to a store and try them out. Not sure if I want a physical keyboard but might like to have that option. I do like the clean look of the ERIS tho.

01-01-10 11:24 PM
    Check out my post in this thread: Eris or Droid? . I broke down some key points that you might want to consider when choosing between these two awesome devices. Go ERIS!!!!!
    Last edited by DarkSource; 01-02-10 at 02:07 PM.
    01-02-10 01:50 PM
    I could be wrong, but it seems as if more people are reporting fewer issues with the Eris, than the Motorola Droid. Other than some saying they have poor battery life (I'm not one of them..am satisfied with my battery performance completely) I read of very few problems out of the box with the Eris.

I just got the pushed update to the OS, and another is coming out on Jan. 22, I've read. Not exactly sure what they are, tho...as far as features and versions.

I tried to like the Moto Droid....just could not get past the form and keyboard of it.

I also love the Sense UI...so easy to customize. The "scenes" are really cool, too...and easy to switch back and forth. I probably have about 10 "scenes" saved now that I can use.
    01-02-10 02:44 PM
    IMO it's the moto droid, but that's just me
    01-02-10 05:27 PM
    I went through 3 storm ones and a storm before I decided to gi ti rhe moto droid. I absolutley love this phone! I'm constantlt on the web browsing forums and watchin YouTube my data usage is crazy. Don't get me wrong I liked the s2 but IMO the moto droid is by far a betrer all around phone. If theee was one thing I could change it would be the byttons on the physical keyboard I wish they were raised. I use the onscreen keyboard 90% of the time and find I'm a lot faster but not quite as accurate ( as u can probably tell ) it seems like it would be better for people with big hands I have problems reaching acrooss the keyboard for numbers and such. But as for the moto droid and eris I heard the eris supports flash but don't hold me to that. I love my moto droid and I gave only had it for ove day n ove night. I'm still addictated to this crackberry site tho. Does anyone kno of any sites that are like this but for the droid? Oh ya and I kinda miss my bbm tho .

01-11-10 07:33 PM
    I'm considering dumping my Storm for a Droid or a Nexus One (when it come out on Verizon).

Krise if you are looking for a site like CB for android, check out Android Central, I've noticed alot of folks formerly from Crackberry there.
    01-11-10 09:59 PM
    01-11-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD