So I have a Blackberry Bold 9000... Its served and is still serving me beautifully, i love the screen, and the keyboard is phenomenal. The OS, however, is getting rather archaic in my opinion. I'm also a college student, not a business man and I don't think the blackberry fits my lifestyle. I like the surf the web on my phone as well, and there is just no denying that the blackberry browser disappoints. AT&T is getting its first android phone, the moto backflip, on March 7th. I know many dont like the form factor, but i actually like it and can see the sense in it so thats not my issue. Do you think it's worth switching to this phone when its out, or should i stay with my bold? Who else wants to make this jump? Thanks!
    02-20-10 08:31 PM
    No. Wait for AT&Ts version of the Nexus One. It is much better hardware.
    02-20-10 08:34 PM
    I should specify that I also want a touchscreen phone WITH a physical keyboard... so no Nexus one or hero. I also wanted to add that I'm a little tired of the memory leaks, battery pulls, and the like on my blackberry.
    02-20-10 08:34 PM
    simple... enV 3... no multi tasking or anything.... but battery pulls arent so bad considering your phone is a pocket computer haha.
    02-20-10 08:39 PM
    You should definitely check it out when it's released.
    02-20-10 08:41 PM
    Well then, I guess if you want a Touchscreen and physical keyboard Android device on AT&T then that is your only option. That's if you don't want to switch carriers.

Honestly, I am not a fan of Motoblur. It is pretty laggy from the times I have used it. Also, updates do not come out as quickly for phones that aren't branded "with Google" (which the Backflip is not). So phones with HTC Sense and Motoblur take a little bit longer if you don't mind waiting for features.

But, I also think the hardware on the Backflip is kind of outdated. At this point, I will not buy a device that is clocked under 1GHz and has at least 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM.

Also, I would not trust that keyboard setup. Just doesn't seem sturdy with it on the back.
    02-20-10 08:47 PM
    The hardware is actually the biggest turnoff, and knowing AT&T, OS 2.1 wont come out anytime soon on the backflip... My only other option is an unlocked Telus Moto Milestone (Droid), as it uses the 3g bands that AT&T uses... only problem is I'll have to dish out at least 600 bucks for an unlocked one on ebay . I've always wanted the droid more than anything else though, but idk if its worth the money.
    02-20-10 08:55 PM
    I'm interested in the backflip too. I love my BB to death but need a lil change, and I'm dying to try an android phone. I need a physical keyboard as well. I figure ill give it a shot when it comes out but if the hardware factor doesn't leave me satisfied in the first month, ill return it. I kind of don't get what the big deal is abt the keyboard...do we not have our BB keyboards exposed on a daily basis? Why should this be different?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by phenyx923; 02-20-10 at 10:14 PM.
    02-20-10 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD