Why does the microUSB port on the HTC Incredible look so much different than microUSB ports on devices like the storm2??

Is it a special plug or will any microUSB charger work for the Incredible??
    04-19-10 02:08 PM
    Probably both. I know on the Droid Eris the mini usb plug is strange too. There is probably a special cable for connecting to a computer to transfer data, but for charging any micro usb cable will work.

Just a guess though...
    04-19-10 02:15 PM
    Well there was a big discussion when the droid came out and using the storm's power cable.

Just because it fits doesn't mean it will work properly. You always want to check the chargers amps and voltage (particularly the voltage) If its a higher rating voltage than recommended, it could damage your phone. if the amps are too low it will charge your phone slower. and at the same time, some phones will completely disable the battery when charging and use the power from the wall. and if your amps are too low your phone will not operate properly while charging. Thats what a lot of people had issues with, with using a storm charger with a droid.
    04-19-10 02:41 PM
    I deliberately put off buying the car charger until I had a chance to test my BB's car charger on the Inc. Who knows...maybe we can save ourselves $30?
    04-19-10 03:17 PM
    I deliberately put off buying the car charger until I had a chance to test my BB's car charger on the Inc. Who knows...maybe we can save ourselves $30?
    $30? For a car charger? C'mon, they can't be that much. I never paid over $8 on Ebay for any charger (and I've bought a lot), and that includes shipping.
    04-19-10 05:42 PM
    $30? For a car charger? C'mon, they can't be that much. I never paid over $8 on Ebay for any charger (and I've bought a lot), and that includes shipping.
    Interesting. I never shop at eBay; so, that's news to me. Although, I don't really trust auctioneers on eBay - glad you've had good experiences.

And, yep...$30 (on the VZW web site, anyway).
    04-19-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD