Can someone point me to an article or post on how to install and use metamorph for installing themes (not creating)??? I have used it before, but now I wan tto switch the theme and at first it would give me the "not enough space or busy box not installed" error even though I installed BB using Droid root pro. Now it just force closes on me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no luck. frustrating me cause I have googled the best I can and can ony find instructions on creating themes not installing.

Thanks.
    02-24-10 05:35 PM
    Run this in a terminal

chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox
    02-24-10 05:39 PM
    Offtopic, but I have a question for you Frostman. To install the xHero Theme, do you just change the file to an update.zip?

EDIT- NVM I see you need Metamorph.
    02-24-10 05:44 PM
    Ok so I downloaded the xHero theme, extracted it into the AndroidThemes folder using MetaMorph. I am getting this error message something along the lines of "Theme invalid because control files missing" (can't really read t because the message disappears so fast) and I downloaded the file directly to the device. Any clue to why it isn't working?
    02-24-10 05:57 PM
    Hmm, strangle, did you unzip it before placing it in the androidthemes folder? If so, don't.

I have installed it over bugless and smoked glass and it has never given me that error.

Make sure it is named exactly xHero-Theme.zip
    02-24-10 06:18 PM
    Yea I got it to work. Thank you.
    02-24-10 06:53 PM
    Yea I got it to work. Thank you.
    Anytime. I was just watching the Epic Beard Man video on youtube to kill some time, just finished my shift.
    02-24-10 06:59 PM
    Haha epic beard man is awesome. I've seen him so many times in SF when I'm up there. He's crazy but he's cool. Vietnam vet, always has some crazy story to tell

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 07:38 PM
    hmm, still force closing, I start the checks, then it says "activity metamorph (in app metamorph) is not responding. This is after I get the please cehck free space and that busybox is installed. I have uninstalled and installed metamorphh about 6 times now, as well as DRP. I tried your way, but it didt help either. I wonder if I have a folder on teh sd messed up? I have androidthemes with smokedglass and droidhex .zips on it.
    02-24-10 07:40 PM
    I know about the "not enough space and/or busybox not installed" message and have gotten rid of it by doing a chmod to busybox. What did you initially do that started the FC issues on metamorph, because I haven't heard or had that issue.
    02-24-10 07:45 PM
    I accidnetally unzipped the droidhex zip file to the themes folder, so I went in and deleted the unzipped portions, then moved the zip file to the folder. The only other thing I did in between was download, then delte andexplorer. But it was force closing before that.
    02-24-10 08:03 PM
    Oh yea I forgot that you need AndExplorer in order for metamorph to work as it uses it for file management.
    02-24-10 08:07 PM
    It worked fine for me without it. I am just using the Stock theme in BB1.1 now with Home++ again. I wont switch until the a theme comes with a dedicated call button. I know Adamz Smoked Glass 2.0 comes with it, but the BB theme doesn't have launcher 2.1 and I don't feel like doing the workaround to get it to work.
    02-24-10 08:17 PM
    I have used it before without andexplorer. I donwnloaded to see if it helped and it didn't so I deleted since i have 3 or 4 other file management, androzip, astro, root explorer
    02-24-10 09:09 PM
    Still don't got permission when trying to open metamorph after doing chmod 755 to busybox? Try this, I had to reflash my rom just now and ran into this problem after chmod only didn't work for me.

su
    ln -s /system/bin/busybox /system/bin/cp

or xbin depending on where your busybox is, on BB it is in xbin.

su
    ln -s /system/xbin/busybox /system/xbin/cp
    02-25-10 12:08 AM
    try reinstalling busybox. thats what i always do when it says check busybox installation. especially when i switch or install new roms, i almost always have to reinstall it. some install to /system/bin and others to /system/xbin
    02-25-10 12:38 AM
    I actually went and bought the donate version, it didn't work then contacted one of the devs. Sent him the log and he feels it is the bugless beast 1.0 ROM that is causing the errors.

I am going to try it on another ROM today.
    02-25-10 06:25 AM
    Yep, applied the 4.5 smoked glass ROM and metamorph booted right up. Interesting. THe dev said he had never seen errors like the ones I sent so I figured he was right. WOnder why Petes 1.0 didn't work with it.
    02-25-10 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD