Eris does it all I need. Could it be larger? Sure. But some people wouldn't want a bigger phone.
    11-20-09 09:23 AM
    If this forum had a reputation or thanks system, I would give you 3 props in one week. Best user review I've read in a long time. Continue doing that, OP.
    11-20-09 09:38 AM
    I fit the category of BB was my first smartphone and I was really used to it and now I'm trying to love the Droid. I'm also moving to touchscreen for the first time (you ex-storm users have already passed this hurdle). I have never bought a phone with the "return in 30 days for a restocking fee" deal in mind, but I got the MotoDroid on launch day with the return thing being a strong possibility. Some aspects of the Droid are incredible--screen resolution, Google navigation, browser capability--but I also find myself saying WTF?!? on a daily basis (it's getting less and less, however). Initially I kept hanging up on calls mysteriously until I realized I was pressing the red end call section of the screen with my cheek. The way emails display seems user-unfriendly but I'm sure there's an app for that. It's also amusing to think that I'm one of the only 20% of Droid users who is female (I read that statistic somewhere--it's a guy phone) and the reality is it may be too much phone for me to handle (ha). But it seems that if I make that conclusion then the Eris or Passion will be just right, with the comforting balm of SenseUI added on. Anyway, I've got 17 more days to make a decision. Every day I find more apps that smooth things out, and I'm only getting free ones at this point since I might not keep the phone. Imagine what I could get if I was willing to pay......
    11-20-09 10:44 AM
    I find it interesting that the poor battery life of the Eris has led to a number of returns, both here and on the link Android forum sticky. IMO they gotta fix that somehow. No reason to have to install workarounds and apps so you can get through a workday without charging. It has to be a design flaw of some sort and if the only good solution is to make a bigger battery then just do the thing. Otherwise you'll have plenty of refurb to send out lol.
    11-20-09 10:59 AM
    Good choice M.
    Now make me a kick @$$ avatar like yours. LOL!!
    11-20-09 11:22 AM
    Okay, I have been using the Eris all day long. The battery died on me at around 6:00 PM, starting with a full charge starting at 7:00 AM. I used everything on it today, browser, Youtubes, e-mail and text. I did lots of everything. I even had my bluetooth headset on all day long as well.
    Took pictures as well, almost forgot.

Summary: Had I used my Motorola, the battery would have been very close to going dead. Was I impressed? Yes, somewhat. I keep telling myself that having a mobile computer, you pay the price with battery. It's that way with all PDA's. When I had my Iphone, that thing would have been dead by noon...no kidding, being serious.

The Eris, if you don't need a physical keyboard, is a very very solid buy. The browser is very nice with pinch zooming. Is it better then my Motorola? They both have their pro's and con's. if money is the issue, no question, get the Eris.
    PS: My favorite widget for the Eris is the e-mail....Wow....that thing is sweet.
    11-20-09 10:41 PM
    I almost pulled the trigger on a Moto tonight. My storm was upgraded to a Storm2 and it arrived DOA, with the sticky send key issue. I was told the worry free guarantee was in effect, so I could switch to a Droid if I wanted, and since I am a VIP status, the $35 restocking fee doesnt apply. Since the phone was "bought" on the 17th, I fall in the holiday policy, which means my worry-free guarantee is good until January 13th. I took a storm2 replacement in the hopes that a new Droid will be available before my guarantee is up.
    11-20-09 11:08 PM
    Just wanna make a point about the blackberry UI and what's keeping it back, the business world. For a company a new blackberry UI means retraining the staff which more likely see blackberry as a tool. Retraining means spending money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 10:34 AM
    I wish you would have reviewed the 3GS, Palm pre, and the Droid? The storm and Eris? I had no issues setting up more than two emails on the droid, I set up three off the bat. Blackberry emails come at a cost, truncated, and if you don't have BES and are like the average Joe on BIS, they aren't exactly on time. What bothered me about emails on my storm was that it rendered text nicely, but that's were the blackberry quit. The Motorola device rendered email completely with the option of showing ALL images. The storm was second most pocket able out of the three, the Eris felt the best by far in the hip! I use the web often and that is where the storm just failed. The Eris is nice but viewing web pages is second hand in comparison to its older brother. I think you do a good job reviewing phones, you are pretty much on point. I am looking forward to seeing the 3GS, the HTC Dragon, and the Droid reviewed side by side........lord knows the war between the 3Gs and Droid has been on...I can't believe how many web pages are popping up on this topic alone...the funny thing is that allot of iphone defenders put the droid up against the ipnone with wifi enabled? I did see one review were they put the two phones up on native networks and the Droid is the first phone to ever come out and trump the iphone. I would love to see you review the 3GS, the HTC Dragon, and the Droid...now that would be apples to apples.
    11-22-09 05:00 PM
    Agreed that type of review is what we need more of here. I chose the Eris cuz I wanted the polished os and the sleeker form and where I live at&t isn't a viable option so iPhone is out. It still surprises me how little coverage at&t has compared to Verizon when outside of large metro areas. Eventually this is where iPhone falls behind others unless they do end up hooking up with Verizon.
    Anyway great review.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 06:53 PM
    I wish you would have reviewed the 3GS, Palm pre, and the Droid? The storm and Eris? I had no issues setting up more than two emails on the droid, I set up three off the bat. Blackberry emails come at a cost, truncated, and if you don't have BES and are like the average Joe on BIS, they aren't exactly on time. What bothered me about emails on my storm was that it rendered text nicely, but that's were the blackberry quit. The Motorola device rendered email completely with the option of showing ALL images. The storm was second most pocket able out of the three, the Eris felt the best by far in the hip! I use the web often and that is where the storm just failed. The Eris is nice but viewing web pages is second hand in comparison to its older brother. I think you do a good job reviewing phones, you are pretty much on point. I am looking forward to seeing the 3GS, the HTC Dragon, and the Droid reviewed side by side........lord knows the war between the 3Gs and Droid has been on...I can't believe how many web pages are popping up on this topic alone...the funny thing is that allot of iphone defenders put the droid up against the ipnone with wifi enabled? I did see one review were they put the two phones up on native networks and the Droid is the first phone to ever come out and trump the iphone. I would love to see you review the 3GS, the HTC Dragon, and the Droid...now that would be apples to apples.
    I have the 3Gs but chose not to review it in comparison to the others because it is not available on Verizon, (I know). Plus with that device so much passion is raised on both sides of the aisle I would rather just stay clear for now.
    11-23-09 11:17 AM
    I have the 3Gs but chose not to review it in comparison to the others because it is not available on Verizon, (I know). Plus with that device so much passion is raised on both sides of the aisle I would rather just stay clear for now.
    Yeah suffice it to say that the 3GS suffers from "ATT syndrome" and the Droid does not lol. Nuff said.
    11-23-09 12:45 PM
    Good point
    11-23-09 02:18 PM
    Good point
    Thanks, for your understanding. Should say that I am currently carrying the 3Gs, Droid, and the S2. Thinking of writing a comparison later this week. But am having a problem where I live with service (you know which one). Will try to write a review of the three without taking this into account.
    11-30-09 06:15 AM
    Great review! I currently have the BB Pearl but am do for an upgrade. I have no complaints about my BB, but would like to take advantage of the upgrade and would like to get a touch phone. I am torn between the Storm 2 and the HTC Droid Eris. I ruled out the Motorola Droid because it is way to big and bulky for my liking and I do not need a phone with 2 keypads.
    The main reason why I like my pearl so much is because of its size and BBM. I am not a fan of big phones, so I would like to find something that is close in size. I currently do not have email to my phone (call me crazy but its much easier IMO to check it on a PC), so email is not a huge deal for me. I do browse the web often, and would like to have a bigger screen. I also do a ton of texting. I absolutely love BBM, but could eventually do without it if it came down to it. With that being said, I am trying to figure out which of the two new phones I would like better.
    The Storm 2 is not much bigger (but is much heavier) and I am not sure if I like this aspect. It just seams too bulky while in my pocket. I read so many reviews saying that the web browser is weak on the Storm 2, so I am taking this into consideration. But on the upside I would get to keep BBM!
    As for the Droid Eris, it is a great size, seems easy to type on, and has a tone of apps available. I am currently not big in the app world, but I am confident I could easily get sucked in to the many apps offered by the Droid. I am shocked that this phone does not have a flash for the camera! Why would they go through all the trouble designing a great phone without a flash!? It just seems Droid is one step ahead of BB (if I am wrong on this fill me in), and can see many more Droid phones hitting the market (I have been told there will be more coming out soon, any info on that?). This is tempting me to wait a few more months to see the new phones in the works.
    I really cannot go wrong with either phone, but any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else in the same boat?!
    12-04-09 04:59 PM
    Thanks, for your understanding. Should say that I am currently carrying the 3Gs, Droid, and the S2. Thinking of writing a comparison later this week. But am having a problem where I live with service (you know which one). Will try to write a review of the three without taking this into account.
    As far as someone looking to potentially buy one of these phones is concerned, you just wrote a review on one of them! :P
    12-10-09 10:48 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD