lol. Android is the most insecure platform out of the box. There is no denying that. Attacks have happened and like TheScionicMan said, not all of them are traced back.

That being said, I still like Android for what it does have, and do still use it. Are these attacks scary? Absolutely. However, I will do anything I possibly can to prevent these attacks, and if it ever gets to a point where I need to buy anti virus software or anything ridiculous, then Android will become a hobby platform for me to tinker with and will contain no special data.
    10-06-11 01:38 PM
    Excellent post avt123 (I'm on mobile so I can't thank your post ). Everyone is going to have different tastes, and we're all going to get different devices as a result. Every device has shortcomings, and failing to recognize those in any device isn't good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    avt123 likes this.
    10-06-11 03:26 PM
    Excellent post avt123 (I'm on mobile so I can't thank your post ). Everyone is going to have different tastes, and we're all going to get different devices as a result. Every device has shortcomings, and failing to recognize those in any device isn't good.

EXACTLY.

I use Android because I like the amount of "power" I have with my phone (thanks to being rooted, and getting more familiar with ADB): options galore. However, I still think about simplifying things by getting the new iPhone 4s, or a BlackBerry; and like avt says, have my Incredible as a developmental tool, as I'm thinking about getting into Android development. It all comes down to your goals, and how committed you are to have them achieved in the way you want them achieved.

In light of the Nexus Prime buzz, it'll be tough to sway me away, security "flaws" and all. Now granted, I could technically survive on my phone if I don't use Android Market on my phone.....This will be intriguing, as I'll find ways NOT to sync EVERYTHING, like I've been doing...
    Last edited by lssanjose; 10-06-11 at 03:40 PM.
    avt123 likes this.
    10-06-11 03:35 PM
    I had my bank account hacked while I was a BlackBerry user. I doubt it happened through my phone. Im not too worried about Android security. I'm more worried about skimmers at gas station pumps, and writing a personal check. Writing a personal check to anyone is probably one of the most dangerous things you can do. That gives away your bank account #, routing #, full name and address. Yet, people do it. There is risk in everything. I've since changed my habits, but it didn't help me any that I had a BlackBerry. My account was hacked.

I don't put mobile phones on high security risk. What I mentioned above I consider much more of a risk.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-06-11 06:48 PM
    I had my bank account hacked while I was a BlackBerry user. I doubt it happened through my phone. Im not too worried about Android security. I'm more worried about skimmers at gas station pumps, and writing a personal check. Writing a personal check to anyone is probably one of the most dangerous things you can do. That gives away your bank account #, routing #, full name and address. Yet, people do it. There is risk in everything. I've since changed my habits, but it didn't help me any that I had a BlackBerry. My account was hacked.

I don't put mobile phones on high security risk. What I mentioned above I consider much more of a risk.
    Good point, if someone gets your check and finds a place that takes e-checks you're boned.
    Android does have security risks (denying that shows an incredible lack of even the most basic mental function) and is far less secure then BlackBerry (which isn't perfect either), but there's plenty of other just as or more risky things you can do.

Sent from my NookC olor using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 10-06-11 at 08:23 PM.
    10-06-11 08:20 PM
    I wonder about Dropbox security and password apps security. The Password Keeper on BlackBerry is local and I liked that. I have a local one on my Android but there are many more cloud based ones. Seems unsafe.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-07-11 at 06:08 AM.
    10-07-11 05:06 AM
    I wonder about Dropbox security and password apps security. The Password Keeper on BlackBerry is local and I liked that. I have a local one on my Andorra but there are many more cloud based ones. Seems unsafe.
    Dropbox is as secure as the Whitehouse is black. If you want a good password manager Lastpass is secure, very secure.
    10-07-11 06:00 AM
    I wonder about Dropbox security and password apps security. The Password Keeper on BlackBerry is local and I liked that. I have a local one on my Andorra but there are many more cloud based ones. Seems unsafe.
    Oh wow, I didn't realize you own Andorra

10-07-11 06:03 AM
    Dropbox is as secure as the Whitehouse is black. If you want a good password manager Lastpass is secure, very secure.
    Yeah, I don't keep any sensitive info in Dropbox because that is what I figured. I use another one, that doesn't sync.
    10-07-11 06:09 AM
    I do like Minus, for cloud storage. More space from the get go, than Dropbox. Thank karmaloop for the plug.
    10-07-11 01:41 PM
    This is what the average consumer should be worried about.

Biggest identity theft bust of its type in U.S. history - Yahoo! News
    john_v likes this.
    10-08-11 08:09 AM
    Bid deal--it will be fixed. I get better battery life on my droid then I did with my blackberry
    ME TOO ! and my TB battery life is even better with the gingerbread update.
    10-09-11 10:41 PM
112 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD