So I had to exchange my dx since my first one kept losing reception. So this second one is supersmooth (os) but I've had it for 2 days and my market app is still the old one. Is it not supp to update automatically? How can i force it to update without downloading the apk from another site. How long is it supp to take?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 12:28 AM
    The Android market is kinda iffy updating itself. When I installed froyo on my device it took about 2-3 days before I got the new version of the market. I was not too concered about it since it I kinda preferred the old market.
    02-02-11 08:26 AM
    Android Market is having some trouble at the moment. There are some complaints over on Android Central about not being able to download apps or updates. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

02-02-11 09:02 AM
    Rumors of a new market app and some other secret thing supposed to be rolled out today, and some are speculating the issues are due to their readying the new stuff. No idea if that's the case.
    02-02-11 04:18 PM
    Oh ok. Was just wondering since it had been a day or two. Cant wait to see what the new market looks like.

02-03-11 02:22 AM
    Oh ok. Was just wondering since it had been a day or two. Cant wait to see what the new market looks like.
    Its a web store, which will allow you to download apps straight from the web into the phone.

Home - Android Market

More info here
    Official: Android Market Changes Detailed | Android Phone Fans
    02-03-11 06:26 AM
    Forgot to post, 30 min after my last post my market app was updated. So big breother IS watching, or should I say, listening.

02-03-11 03:30 PM
    Its a web store, which will allow you to download apps straight from the web into the phone.

Home - Android Market

More info here
    Official: Android Market Changes Detailed | Android Phone Fans
    So basically the newest Market update, takes the places of AppBrain's download from the web option, making it a one stop shop (so to speak).
    02-04-11 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD