All the advantages iOS used to claim a year or so ago are now gone. Android 4.0+, especially Jellybean, is now just as fluid as iOS. And the app arugment is now mute, both platforms have tons of apps.
    I used a SGS3 in Korea for a few days before switching to a Note. The SGS3 in Korea is a quad-core beast and the one I used had Jelly Bean. It was a very nice phone, but it wasn't as smooth or fluid as my iPhone 4S and stuttered quite frequently. The thing is, the experience of fluidity and such on a phone tends to be very subjective. For instance, when I open the camera app on my 4S, then close it, and quicky swipe left to open search, I notice a momentary stutter. I happens almost every the time, and I notice it each and every time it happens. Most of my friends who have a 4S don't even know what I'm talking about, even after I show them. A couple said they notice it, but only after I explained it to them. I notice it every time. So depending on who you ask, you'll get different answers. Some people are just more sensitive to it. I noticed that on the iPhone 5, this stutter is gone, and just about everything is significantly faster and smoother.
    01-01-13 06:41 PM
    I used a SGS3 in Korea for a few days before switching to a Note. The SGS3 in Korea is a quad-core beast and the one I used had Jelly Bean. It was a very nice phone, but it wasn't as smooth or fluid as my iPhone 4S and stuttered quite frequently. The thing is, the experience of fluidity and such on a phone tends to be very subjective. For instance, when I open the camera app on my 4S, then close it, and quicky swipe left to open search, I notice a momentary stutter. I happens almost every the time, and I notice it each and every time it happens. Most of my friends who have a 4S don't even know what I'm talking about, even after I show them. A couple said they notice it, but only after I explained it to them. I notice it every time. So depending on who you ask, you'll get different answers. Some people are just more sensitive to it. I noticed that on the iPhone 5, this stutter is gone, and just about everything is significantly faster and smoother.
    I used to be very vocal about jelly bean closing the UI speed gap with iOS. Until an iPhone5 came into my family household and I get to play with it. Wow. JB is much better than ICS and GB were don't get me wrong, but it hasn't totally closed the gap yet, nor do I think it easily will due to the underlying code of android OS in general, and the apps written for it (which is why I'm not excited about the android runtime staying on BB10)
    01-01-13 06:52 PM
    Customization is mostly just eye candy and gives little to no gain in terms of performance or productivity. One could argue that the time some people spend tinkering with how their phone screens are set up is a loss of productive time. But I'll grant that from an entertainment perspective it can be an amusing distraction. I used to do it until the novelty wore off. Now I don't even use widgets anymore.

Your point about jelly bean speed and fluidity should be expanded to say "depending on the make and model". Even some of the newest releases are reviewed as having some stuttering issues reported on 4.1+
    I blame a lot of that on the OEM skins though, since the N4 appears so far to not suffer from that.
    Overall I'd still stand by the iPhone5 being the better of the two. Had Google put an iPhone price tag on the Nexus4, it would've been dead on arrival and I see that as proof enough. Keep in mind this doesn't mean I think the Nexus4 isn't a really good phone.
    Just eye candy? Lol, okay. All credibility lost after that.

I prefer as much freedom as possible with my device. Another thing I forgot to mention are the convenience of having widgets, instead of having to search through rows of icons/folders to find an app to get information from, one only needs to look at the widget on a homescreen. Without root, I can download numerous keyboards, games (and play them from my TV), the list goes on.

For *me*, Android is king at the moment.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Greenghost likes this.
    01-01-13 07:40 PM
    I thought about the nexus 4 but the reviews weren't that great and I'm not a fan of LG. One big issue would be the limited storage options. I need more than 16 GB and don't use cloud service if I can avoid it. I actually read the camera was lacking on it. Those are some of my reasons...that being said it is obviously a slam dunk for the OP. Congrats and enjoy your new phone.
    01-01-13 08:10 PM
    Coming from the 9900s camera the N4 is a huge improvement. As for scrolling smoothness between android and iOS... all I can say is that the pure android experience on the N4 is super smooth. Again it could be a matter of perception but bottom line it doesn't really matter as you are probably wasting more time doing some other task on your phone that makes up the overall lag one way or the other.

As for the iPhone being a premium product money isn't an issue for me as well and I still wouldn't pay that much for an unlocked device.
    01-01-13 08:46 PM
    The iPhone 5 is restricted in regards to customization. No matter what, unless one jail breaks their device, all you get is a row of icons and a background pic.

All the advantages iOS used to claim a year or so ago are now gone. Android 4.0+, especially Jellybean, is now just as fluid as iOS. And the app arugment is now mute, both platforms have tons of apps.

Its all preference, really. Nothing wrong with preferring one over the other. But as an BlackBerry diehard turned Android guy, I can fully understand the OP�s decision. The Nexus 4 is an AWESOME device hands down. I thought heavily about getting it myself, but can't do the whole no sdcard thing.

Moot moot moot, points are moot.

Sorry, pet peeve.

All I want for Christmas, New Years and my birthday is hockey back, or Bettmans head on a platter. Whichever's easier...
    01-01-13 09:57 PM
    Just eye candy? Lol, okay. All credibility lost after that.

I prefer as much freedom as possible with my device. Another thing I forgot to mention are the convenience of having widgets, instead of having to search through rows of icons/folders to find an app to get information from, one only needs to look at the widget on a homescreen. Without root, I can download numerous keyboards, games (and play them from my TV), the list goes on.

For *me*, Android is king at the moment.

I concede defeat, I hadn't realized how useful I would find knowing the weather every time I unlock my screen. Those Facebook widgets are equally invaluable. Best of all, I enjoy the fine reputation widgets always enjoy for being light on battery. OMG I almost forgot.. You absolutely must have a nice big clock widget!
    Credibility indeed.
    01-02-13 06:16 AM
    I concede defeat, I hadn't realized how useful I would find knowing the weather every time I unlock my screen. Those Facebook widgets are equally invaluable. Best of all, I enjoy the fine reputation widgets always enjoy for being light on battery. OMG I almost forgot.. You absolutely must have a nice big clock widget!
    Credibility indeed.
    Well I can see from the list of widgets you used that you have indeed made the better decision for you, and switched to iPhone. For that, you deserve a /golfclap.
    bobauckland and Greenghost like this.
    01-05-13 05:33 PM
    Credibility indeed.
    Doesnt sound like you have much of a clue about Android.
    I find the email widget very useful, having my work email listed out on the home screen to scroll through.
    The LED light is great.
    Having a choice of great keyboards is probably the deal breaker, I cant use an iPhone with just that one single keyboard available.
    uTorrent does an app for Android where you can remote control your torrent app at home, set torrents for download etc. Non root. Can you do that on an iPhone?

Physical camera button on my Android device. No there on an iPhone. Bottom line is people want choices, Android offers it to them, iPhones dont. For some, iPhones will be the better device. For many, Android is by far the better choice.

But yeah, reading through your posts in this thread, doesnt sound like you have much credibility in terms of actual knowledge of anything outside an iPhone, and, worse, doesnt seem like youre interested in finding anything out. You just want people to admit iPhones are better, when, for many, theyre really not.
    Greenghost likes this.
    01-15-13 04:22 AM
    I'm using both, android and iOS, galaxy tab and an iPhone, both have limitation and both have fills my need for a communication device, that's all I need. So why are u guys makes this a fanboy **** fights? Keep calm and move along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-20-13 01:36 AM
    I'm using both, android and iOS, galaxy tab and an iPhone, both have limitation and both have fills my need for a communication device, that's all I need. So why are u guys makes this a fanboy **** fights? Keep calm and move along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everybody doesn't have your mind state Lol. Plus I wouldn't ever use an iPhone lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    01-23-13 02:03 PM
    Quick update. It's been about 3 months on the Nexus4 and I'm really happy and impressed. I feel more connected and productive on this phone. Especially when it comes to sharing content. Uploading photos to amazon cloud so that other family members can view them. Or even just uploading videos to YouTube. Can the Z10 do this right out of the box? I've been following carefully and not sure I'd make the switch back just yet. Even thinking of ditching my playbook for either a nexus 7 or 10. I do hope Bb10 pushes to it soon though.

For those on the fence I'd highly recommend the pure android experience on a nexus device.
    02-24-13 11:53 AM
62 123