Well, I am now a proud owner of the 'LG Optimus V' (modeled after the 'Optimus S' from Sprint) from Virgin Mobile. I just got it today from a Target in the greater Chicagoland area. The activation period takes 1-3 days, maybe since I'm porting my phone # from one carrier to another. This will be my very 1st Android phone and I can't wait to use!!!
    01-27-11 05:06 PM
    Welcome to the world of Android
    01-27-11 05:36 PM
    Please report back with a review will ya? I'm thinking of getting one too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 10:35 PM
    I'm happy to report that the 'Optimus V' is AWESOME!!! My phone was activated late last night and I can't put it down! I've already added a ton of apps on it. IMO, the only drawback is the short battery life. Other than that, I really don't have any complaints, so far.
    01-28-11 01:56 PM
    Your battery life will get better once you have it customized the way you want it.......you are just using the battery like crazy now..............
    01-28-11 02:02 PM
    I purchased the Optimus S for a relative for their birthday. It's a great starter device and one of the few smartphones I'd recommend for a teenager. I'm not a proponent of smartphones for teens, but with the controls that are available through the device & through my carrier, it allows me to curb most misuse of the device. And, let's face it, for a starter device, it is pretty sweet.
    01-29-11 08:05 AM
    I've only had this phone for a few days now and I can't say enough good things about it. One great things I've notice about this phone over my 8530 curve from VM is that I'm getting a little better coverage when I'm showing no coverage bars. Same network and
    signal strength, but with the Optimus V I'm able to surf the web and make calls with ease.this is a huge plus for me as I live in an area where I'd be lucky just to have one bar of service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD