Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default LG G2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Which One?

Based on what we know and have seen, LG G2 or Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
    Yes Dude! Yes Dude! Yes Dude!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,499 Global Posts

If you are an intercontinental traveler who pops in local SIM cards, I'd say get the G2. Samsung is region locking the GN3 (even SIM unlocked ones,) so if for example you buy the European GN3, it'll accept a European SIM only.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

I haven't used the Note 3 yet, but I absolutely adore my G2. Best non-Nexus smartphone ever in my opinion.

The screen looks amazing, knock on feature is awesome, the camera rocks and I'm getting nearly a full 48 hours of mixed usage per charge. I like it a lot.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Marco View Post
    Based on what we know and have seen, LG G2 or Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
    Erm Z30 with Jellybean runtime and debug token sideload
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,979 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    If you are an intercontinental traveler who pops in local SIM cards, I'd say get the G2. Samsung is region locking the GN3 (even SIM unlocked ones,) so if for example you buy the European GN3, it'll accept a European SIM only.
    There's an article on Android central about this. It looks like it isn't entirely true.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    5,499 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    There's an article on Android central about this. It looks like it isn't entirely true.
    That article is referring to what should be happening, but is not necessarily happening. See here.

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    Thanked by:
    D_March (10-04-2013) 
  7. GG1
    CrackBerry Genius

I played with the G2 and Note 3 today, both are great. I was thinking of walking out with the Note 3 but decided to wait till the Nexus 5 is released and make my decision then. In the meantime, im really enjoying my HTC One.
    CrackBerry Abuser

At least u got an HTC One lol. My phone isnt a snail at 1.5ghz duel core but all these amazing phones out (including yours) is making me kinda wanna spend that cash.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 now Free
    GG1 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

I've been asking myself the same thing. Although I really like my Xperia Z, the battery life is sorely lacking. I was going to go with the Note 3, but after doing some research on the G2 and finding out it's $100 less, I think that's the one I'll go with when my JUMP kicks in.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,979 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    I've been asking myself the same thing. Although I really like my Xperia Z, the battery life is sorely lacking. I was going to go with the Note 3, but after doing some research on the G2 and finding out it's $100 less, I think that's the one I'll go with when my JUMP kicks in.
    I'm looking at these two for the Ms and I know she wants the Note 3 but I'm hesitant as I have not been happy with my Samsung purchases. She wants a big screen and a great camera with good battery life as her top 3. She likes the functionality of the stylus on the note 3 too...I really don't want to give Samsung anymore of my money though. I'll be curious to hear what you think about the G2.

Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    I'm looking at these two for the Ms and I know she wants the Note 3 but I'm hesitant as I have not been happy with my Samsung purchases. She wants a big screen and a great camera with good battery life as her top 3. She likes the functionality of the stylus on the note 3 too...I really don't want to give Samsung anymore of my money though. I'll be curious to hear what you think about the G2.
    Styluses (stylii?) can be used on any touch screen device. I actually had one for my S3 when I was having Note 2 envy . Although, the Note 3 has many native apps that will better utilize the S Pen, plus a nifty little holder. If that's a big selling point for her, I'd definitely go with the Note 3.

The G2 seems to be packed with customization options and native features that actually seem useful rather than some of the more "gimmicky" features of the recent Sammy offerings. Have you watched any video reviews of the G2?
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Z10 or Z30

Posted via CB10
  13. GG1
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by HigherThanMars View Post
    Z10 or Z30

Posted via CB10
    Z50!
  14. GG1
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Greenghost View Post
    At least u got an HTC One lol. My phone isnt a snail at 1.5ghz duel core but all these amazing phones out (including yours) is making me kinda wanna spend that cash.

You know you will end up spending the cash sooner or later ; )
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,979 Global Posts

Styluses (stylii?) can be used on any touch screen device. I actually had one for my S3 when I was having Note 2 envy . Although, the Note 3 has many native apps that will better utilize the S Pen, plus a nifty little holder. If that's a big selling point for her, I'd definitely go with the Note 3.

The G2 seems to be packed with customization options and native features that actually seem useful rather than some of the more "gimmicky" features of the recent Sammy offerings. Have you watched any video reviews of the G2?
    I've used them on my phone too but I think her selling point was the built in menu and options for the s pen. She also wants the bigger screen. I did look at some G2 videos. It looks nice but she picked the note 3. I ordered it last night. $0 down on TMO right now so I paid about $40 in tax. Not to bad.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Write a eulogy for your BlackBerry on your new LG G2’s beautiful 5.2” full 1080HD display

LG G2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Which One?-lg2.jpg
    Use Rep Code : N4E1 to save 20% off first time buyer.
    Code works with both site

Global Posts
    5,499 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TeaBoy View Post
    Write a eulogy for your BlackBerry on your new LG G2’s beautiful 5.2” full 1080HD display

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LG2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	209972
    I wonder if Google subsidized that post...

Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

I wonder if Google subsidized that post...
    My instinct says no. My guess it was just someone on the LG social media team. I could be wrong though.

Global Posts
    5,499 Global Posts

My instinct says no. My guess it was just someone on the LG social media team. I could be wrong though.
    That was supposed to be a joke, as in the best selling LG phone to date is probably the Nexus 4...a product that was subsidized by Google. They're not at the level of taking shots at BlackBerry yet.

CrackBerry User

Note 3

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

That was supposed to be a joke, as in the best selling LG phone to date is probably the Nexus 4...a product that was subsidized by Google. They're not at the level of taking shots at BlackBerry yet.
    The claims that the Nexus 4 is the best selling LG phone, or keeping LG alive is easily proven as false. Google has said that around 3 million Nexus 4s have been sold. Yet LG is on track to sell over 40 million smartphones this year. They sold 12.1 million smartphones last quarter alone. Obviously it isn't just the Nexus that is selling for LG.
    Thanked by:
    raino (10-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Excuse me who isnt in line to talk about failberry??

Global Posts
    5,499 Global Posts

Excuse me who isnt in line to talk about failberry??
    Certainly not them. They're what...the #3 (or worse) upper middle/top tier Android device seller?

CrackBerry Abuser

Certainly not them. They're what...the #3 (or worse) upper middle/top tier Android device seller?
    And bb is what the 4th os behind WINDOWS hahaha. Imho zte can laugh at bb.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

And bb is what the 4th os behind WINDOWS hahaha. Imho zte can laugh at bb.

Yes, we're #4! My profile picture wouldn't lie.
    raino likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast