I love my 9700 but I get a bigger screen along with all the other goodies that probably have already been mentioned about the htc. I will be a sprint new user as of June, I don't know if this is the right thing to do as I never had Sprint but the service plan sounds great for me.

Sorry guys
    05-16-10 07:20 PM
    Ok, have fun w/ your new device...

You ought to check the service in your area BEFORE you jump ship. Can't hurt to be safe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 07:31 PM
    If it's any consolation, Sprint tends to be really reliable; I was with them for two years. The evo sounds and looks like a great device. Have fun! And if it isn't what you like, you'll have the bold 9650 to fall back on :-)

05-16-10 07:38 PM
    I love my 9700 but I get a bigger screen along with all the other goodies that probably have already been mentioned about the htc. I will be a sprint new user as of June, I don't know if this is the right thing to do as I never had Sprint but the service plan sounds great for me.

Sorry guys
    Well we are certainly sad to see you go. but I certainly understand the desire. I would also encorage you to look at coverage, but everything I have seen says Sprint is a good carrier.
    05-16-10 07:44 PM
    Some areas won't have 4g. So research before you leave.

05-16-10 08:02 PM
    I hope the phone works out fine for you. Looks like a great device.

Be sure to stop by our Android Forums Best of luck.
    05-16-10 08:19 PM
    Im also gonna get the htc evo 4g. I have a bb right now,but Im lookin for something new, with more features. I figure that if Im not satisfied with the evo that I will get the bold 9650
    05-27-10 01:14 PM
    I got the HTC desire about a month ago, fantastic phone but for some reason I keep coming back to my 9700. Mostly use the desire at home now, leave my sim in the bold and just use the wi-fi for the desire for browsing and media etc. It was a free upgrade and the contract monthly price actually fell by �10. Original contract was for the Storm, I got shot of that after a while and bought my bold sim free.

05-27-10 01:53 PM
    It is a nice phone and Sprint around here works really well.

Only thing I don't like about it, is the ****ty battery life...have to go more than a day for me to suffice leaving my 9700...

I am sure you will enjoy it.

05-27-10 05:41 PM
    The HTC Evo 4G looks like a sweet phone but there's always something better coming out. If the HTC HD2 was an Android phone, I'd be rocking it with that large screen. The HD2 should have been an Android phone IMO.

Let us know how your experience went. Don't worry, you'll be welcomed back here.
    05-27-10 07:25 PM
    Hows battery life on the Evo?
    05-27-10 07:31 PM
    @Armondo I agree 110%.
    05-28-10 07:02 PM
    its interesting that some people are able to use their blackberry all day on a single charge, Ive never had that luck. I've always had to charge my tour a few times a day. Thats another reason why they battery thing with the evo isnt a deal breaker to me. I have a car charger and keep an extra wall charger in my car
    05-31-10 06:56 PM
    HTC does good with what they do...enjoy your new phone

05-31-10 06:59 PM
    enjoy...if its a big screen your after than you are making the right choice. It should be a kick *** phone forsure. Battery life will be the big thing i want to see
    05-31-10 10:12 PM
    The battery life is gonna suck on the EVO. I also have a HTC Hero and the battery will die on me at around 6 to 8 hours, and that is with me not even using it much. My 9700 has lasted 2 days without a charge. But it should be an awesome phone. Have fun and come back when you are bored.
    05-31-10 10:42 PM
    I've had my 9650 for about 4 weeks now and absolute love it. The EVo will be replacing my Pre on my second line. (Now there's a battery hog). Android is not really known for its battery stamina, although I've had every Android phone on Sprint and have managed to get a good days usage out of each with a little tweaking and an app killer. Evo should be no different.
    05-31-10 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD