Delivered.

Came with a 2GB card + Adapter (which I needed to buy - thanks for saving me a trip to the store, VZW).

I call B.S. to the preview comments about the phone feeling cheap. It feels much nicer than my Curve 8330 ever felt and has a heavier feel - in a good way - once the battery is in. Very slim device.

I think the bloggers have an unrealistic expectation that phones somehow should feel like the leather seat in a Ferrari.

Haven't turned it on, yet. Still backing up spreadsheets on the BB manually since...well, technical difficulty between the BB & Desktop Manager.
    thanks for the quick review especially about the phone not feeling cheap. that has been the only knock that the early reviewers have been saying.

once you get a chance to turn it on, etc...please post more impressions and for anyone else, post your impressions as well.
    04-27-10 06:07 PM
    Well, I spoke to a supervisor (Ryan McNally) who said he'd get on it and be sure that I got overnight delivery to ship on 4/29, so I should get it 4/30.

Don't keep us in the dark! Tell us all about it!
    Cool. Well, hopefully VZW will send both of 'em.

I have had only about 1.5 hours thus far to set up the phone and get used to it. I didn't even have to call Verizon or follow the activation instructions on the card. The phone told me to press a button and activation was done in only a few minutes.

The screen is gorgeous (of course, coming from a Curve anything might look beautiful). Just gorgeous. I'm floored -- in a happy way!

Coming from 2 Treo's and 1 BB Curve - all phones that had a physical keyboard - it is a very odd yet pleasing experience to type solely on the on-screen keyboard. I mean, the phone's auto correction works so well, I can just tap away and my words come out right. I actually started laughing as I came to the realization that the phone is doing all the work while I type - big change from the BB on OS 4.x.

Typing might have sucked more if the phone had lag issues. Since the phone doesn't lag at all (even with the animated background, I'm seeing no lag yet), typing and navigation around the phone is fun/easy.

Made only one call - partly with the earpiece and partly on speakerphone since I use that feature A LOT every day. The person on the other end of the call heard me perfectly, and I was happy that I heard them clearly with excellent sound. I like that the phone will go dark while you talk; then, automatically wake up as soon as you move the phone away from your ear -- the phone is immediately ready for input as soon as you're ready to do something.

By default, the browser was set to mobile view. I turned that off as I thought to myself, "WTH, is this a BB? I don't need no stinkin' mobile view anymore." The browser is sweet.

I'll answer any questions I can. Wish I had more time, but I have to leave for a while.

Looking forward to reading other first impressions when I return, too.

BTW, I don't know why people complain about Sense. I love this interface!
    04-27-10 07:36 PM
    Side note:

Use promo code SMART30 for 30 dollars off. I called verizon and they credited my account
    04-27-10 08:24 PM
    Side note:

Use promo code SMART30 for 30 dollars off. I called verizon and they credited my account
    really? does this apply to existing customers who upgraded? what's the added discount for?
    04-28-10 12:15 AM
    Mine shipped today!

Says it'll be delivered "prior to 7pm Thursday".

I mean... tomorrow would be prior to that, right??? Fingers crossed!
    04-28-10 01:49 AM
    been sitting in memphis for 12 hrs now

Apr 27, 2010 2:50 PM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Apr 27, 2010 2:35 PM
    Left FedEx origin facility
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Apr 27, 2010 2:28 PM
    Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Apr 27, 2010 1:40 PM
    Picked up
    MEMPHIS, TN
    04-28-10 02:18 AM
    really? does this apply to existing customers who upgraded? what's the added discount for?
    she said it falls into the price match guarantee. I just told her i found the code online and she said the only way she can do it is credit my account.
    04-28-10 07:29 AM
    I am jealous! I just checked my order status and it still says processing check back tomorrow.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 12:14 PM
    Just called my Best Buy and they do have them and they will be ready for tomorrow. 22 hours baby! I was worried that the Best Buy shipment wouldn't make it on time...that would have sucked.
    04-28-10 01:35 PM
    Thank you, auero. I will try to get the discount today.

I'm re-posting my tip here in case it helps someone else. A collection of other tips might accumulate HERE at the Android Central forum.

Dealing with the huge list of "My contacts" that are synced from Gmail.

I just did this - works well enough, and I hope it helps someone else. I prefer having a more concise set of contacts on my phone rather than the huge pile of old contacts that Gmail collects over the years. So, I did this...

1. On the PC, exported "My contacts" from Gmail Contacts in vCard format
    2. Connected my Incredible (phone) as a drive to my Windows 7 computer
    3. Copied the .vcf file to the SD card in my phone (make sure you're copying to the SD card, not the phone's memory)
    4. Disconnected my phone from the computer
    5. On the phone, opened up People
    6. Tapped Menu
    7. Tapped Import/Export
    8. The phone detected the .vcf file and imported my contacts (Note: if your phone does not detect the .vcf file, you may have copied the .vcf file to your phone's memory, not the SD card itself.)

After importing, you may want to do some clean-up. Deleting extraneous contacts is easy. Tap People > press and hold the name you want to delete & choose the "Delete contact" option when the pop-up menu appears.

After clean-up is done, I'll be sure to sync up with Verizon's new Backup Assistant service so that I won't ever have to re-create my phone's Contact list again.

Cheers!
    04-28-10 01:57 PM
    Just in case anyone had the same issue as I had...noone actually home to sign for the phone. You can try this. It worked for me, today anyways, and they left the phone at my door..had the wife run home at lunch and bring it in the house - also recommended.

1.Print out your tracking info from fed-ex website.
    2.Circle the tracking number at the top.
    3.At the bottom of the page write the following:

Please deliver on first attempt.
    Shipped from:Verizon Wireless
    Shipped to: <insert persons name it was shipped to here>
    Phone number: <insert contact phone number>

And then have whomever it is being shipped to sign their name underneath.

Like I said, it worked for me today but I think its up to the descretion of the driver. YMMV.
    04-29-10 03:02 PM
161 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD