First off, let me start off by saying I'm a Blackberry Storm 1 user..and since the upgrade in the OS, I can't see myself using another device anytime soon, except for the Storm 2, if I wasn't in a 2 year plan. I've been reading all these forums about the Moto Droid, and I must say, the software looks amazing! Especially the Google Maps program. I currently use Google Maps on my Berry, but this new version looks pretty slick. But the more and more I look at the device, I can't get past the design. I know some Droid fans are going to hate me for this, but I think the phone itself looks awful! I mean as far as looks is concerned, I have to admit the IPhone is the king in that department. And I feel as though the Storm is second when it comes to overall design. But the Droid looks like slimmer LG Dare with a slide out keyboard. Maybe if Motorolla/Google went with a pure touch screen, and not followed the footsteps of LG with a touch screen/qwerty keyboard combo, then I think its possible the phone could've looked better. Just my opinion.
    10-28-09 07:59 PM
    It's ugly to the point that it looks like a pre-production housing...
    10-28-09 08:09 PM
    First off, let me start off by saying I'm a Blackberry Storm 1 user..and since the upgrade in the OS, I can't see myself using another device anytime soon, except for the Storm 2, if I wasn't in a 2 year plan. I've been reading all these forums about the Moto Droid, and I must say, the software looks amazing! Especially the Google Maps program. I currently use Google Maps on my Berry, but this new version looks pretty slick. But the more and more I look at the device, I can't get past the design. I know some Droid fans are going to hate me for this, but I think the phone itself looks awful! I mean as far as looks is concerned, I have to admit the IPhone is the king in that department. And I feel as though the Storm is second when it comes to overall design. But the Droid looks like slimmer LG Dare with a slide out keyboard. Maybe if Motorolla/Google went with a pure touch screen, and not followed the footsteps of LG with a touch screen/qwerty keyboard combo, then I think its possible the phone could've looked better. Just my opinion.
    When I saw the S1 last year, the phone looked so pretty. But, you know being a fellow sufferer it is loaded with quirks. The updated OS has improved some performance issue's but, it still has some quirks that need to be tweeked. If you've been researching and looking at the latest reviews on what this phone and Androids can do. It more than makes up for it's looks, in my IMHO what makes this phone less attractive is the keyboard. If they key board is closed it doesn't look as ugly. But, I am waiting to see what the new HTC Passion is going to bring. It's not the prettiest either with it's gold color but spec's wise, it'll make the S2 look like all glamour and no brain.
    10-28-09 08:16 PM
    I didn't like the looks at first but the more I look at it the more I like it.
    I guess it's learned love. Different strokes for different folk.
    U won't get flamed here droid people prefer to take the high road.
    Unlike rabid u Stormers
    Remember a lot of new droiders are soon to be former stormers
    10-28-09 08:17 PM
    I agree with Trendy. I think the looks grow on you after awhile. I'm starting to like it. Still not crazy about the gold but maybe cnn.cn will have some silver alternative pieces at some point.

BBM will be missed
    10-28-09 08:27 PM
    I want it for the OS and the looks have grown on me.
    10-28-09 08:31 PM
    good i hope everyone thinks its ugly so they wont buy it and i can get mine w/o having to wait because of it selling out
    Personally I think the Droid is **** ugly but thats just my opinion. The keyboard is ******** looking and the design just looks obtrusive and unrefined. I do like the looks of the software that it offers but I don't think I can get over the way the thing looks. I'm very interested the HTC HD2 which looks sexy and the software seems pretty amazing. It is rumored to hit Verizon at the end of this quarter or supposedly early next year first quarter. I have my eye on that one.
    I think the looks of the Motorola Droid is unique...the HD2 it's going to be way too big, that to me looks like a brick...seriously though, there's not much you can do design wise with an all touchscreen device...they all look the same, except for the Droid (although it does have physical keyboard which you don't even have to use and it's as thin as the iphone and thinner then the storm)...and that uniqueness is attractive in my opinion...but if you don't like the looks of it, no big deal...there will be more Droids coming out that will fit your needs
    10-28-09 08:37 PM
    I think the looks of the Motorola Droid is unique...the HD2 it's going to be way too big, that to me looks like a brick...seriously though, there's not much you can do design wise with an all touchscreen device...they all look the same, except for the Droid (although it does have physical keyboard which you don't even have to use and it's as thin as the iphone and thinner then the storm)...and that uniqueness is attractive in my opinion...but if you don't like the looks of it, no big deal...there will be more Droids coming out that will fit your needs
    See aren't droiders quite civil.......
    Perrier and bri' anyone
    10-28-09 08:40 PM
    I'm worried about the Droid's durability. It's incredibly difficult to manufacture something square with that large of a glass front and have the case not flex to the point where it cracks the glass. I'd be a lot more comfortable if they'd have curved off at least the corners. You've got a rectangular, mostly metal phone with a big honking thing of capacitive touchscreen glass in front --what happens if you drop it????
    10-28-09 09:33 PM
    Pretty, nope. Functional, more than this pos sitting next to me...
    10-28-09 09:34 PM
    Pretty, nope. Functional, more than this pos sitting next to me...
    What device are u talking about; u sent the Imagio back correct?
    Did u get the S2?
    10-28-09 10:09 PM
    it looks a LOT better in person
    10-28-09 10:15 PM
    I'm worried about the Droid's durability. It's incredibly difficult to manufacture something square with that large of a glass front and have the case not flex to the point where it cracks the glass. I'd be a lot more comfortable if they'd have curved off at least the corners. You've got a rectangular, mostly metal phone with a big honking thing of capacitive touchscreen glass in front --what happens if you drop it????
    +1 - I don't think it's going to survive too many falls without some serious, serious damage, IMO.
    10-28-09 10:23 PM
    +1 - I don't think it's going to survive too many falls without some serious, serious damage, IMO.
    Same for Iphone and same for Storm
    10-28-09 10:25 PM
    Same for Iphone and same for Storm
    Everytime I drop my Storm I feel like the screen is gonna just fall out lol and when my ipod falls nothing happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 10:59 PM
    OK I've been saying it's ugly, but I think it's starting to grow on me. I still HATE the gold highlights, but the phone looks better every time I see it lol.

I saw a GSM version with silver highlights that looked way better.
    10-28-09 11:00 PM
    I agree but I'm going to wait to see it in person. I have a feeling its going to be one of those phones that look better in person. The main thing I'm worried about is the keyboard. The keys look too flat and cheap.

10-28-09 11:12 PM
    I think it's a solid looking phone. Sort of an acquired taste haha.
    10-28-09 11:15 PM
    It looks better and better every time I see it in a live picture or video.

Phonedog posted a video:
    10-28-09 11:39 PM
    I think the slide keyboard busts it for me...

I'll stick with my Storm 1 and see if the IPhone or an HTC or new Android comes out in the next year or two and get it I think the Storm1 killed my Blackberry loyalty.. :shrug
    10-28-09 11:48 PM
    Personally I think the Droid is **** ugly but thats just my opinion. The keyboard is ******** looking and the design just looks obtrusive and unrefined. I do like the looks of the software that it offers but I don't think I can get over the way the thing looks. I'm very interested the HTC HD2 which looks sexy and the software seems pretty amazing. It is rumored to hit Verizon at the end of this quarter or supposedly early next year first quarter. I have my eye on that one.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but mine was burst earlier. The HD2 is a GSM only device launching on T-Mobile. It's an amazingly sexy phone though.
    10-29-09 03:08 AM
    Agreed not the most appealing phone visually however we cannot deny the OS is a thing of beauty.

10-29-09 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD