So, I went to an at&t to see the new atrix & inspire. I have to admit, I was 100% disappointed. With all the hype around these 2 phones I expected a lot more. The inspire has 4gb on board storage & almost a full 3gbs are used up by the o.s. the atrix feels small & cheap in the hand. Also, the atrix showed 10gbs of onboard memory when its supposed to have 16gbs. The camera on the inspire wasn't that great & pretty blurry even with the auto focus on. The atrix had a much better camera but that by no means, a selling point for a phone. Hopefully the infuse will be better then these 2 phones. Or maybe the HP pre 3 will come to at&t. Either which way I'm passing on both the atrix & inspire.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 07:51 PM
    I will be waiting until June/july to make a new smartphone purchase, i believe by then there will be several choices to pick from and i will be able to make an informative decision.
    Last edited by dcgore; 02-24-11 at 03:30 PM.
    02-24-11 10:58 AM
    there will always be newer choices to choose from.....
    02-24-11 01:27 PM
    It's going to be hard to beat the dx or evo. They are beasts.

02-24-11 03:12 PM
    I agree circles313,I was very disappointed.I wanted to get some kind of ideal how the bionic was going to feel.I held the atrix side by side with the htc,the sales rep and I thought the screen on the atrix seemed smaller then the htc,to much plastic,to lite,me personally I like metal phones(htcs and iphones),so ill do like dcgore and wait until june/july.Holla!!!!

02-24-11 03:14 PM
    I agree circles313,I was very disappointed.I wanted to get some kind of ideal how the bionic was going to feel.I held the atrix side by side with the htc,the sales rep and I thought the screen on the atrix seemed smaller then the htc,to much plastic,to lite,me personally I like metal phones(htcs and iphones),so ill do like dcgore and wait until june/july.Holla!!!!

The Bionic is going to have a 4.3 inch screen so compare it with the Atrix wasn't an accurate comparison.

I agree the build quality of HTC phones are excellent. I also agree the Atrix does feel plasticy.
    02-24-11 05:48 PM
    I really didn't compare them by size but rather what they had to offer. The Htc felt good in the hand, but the battery life & camera & lack of memory was a huge let down. It states 4gb of memory but because of the OS it only has 1gb of memory instead of the 4gb as stated in it's specs. Then, the Atrix says 16gb but only 10gb is available. I have the Captivate & when I held the Captivate next to the Atrix, the Atrix is smaller even with the same size screen.

I talked today with a couple At&t reps about the Infuse, but they had no info at all. They also said that, the reason that the phones don't have HSUPA & wont be able to carry LTE is because the LTE is so expensive to release. So as of now At&t doesn't have any idea when they'll release a phone with HSUPA or LTE capability. Buty, they did say that the 1st phone with HSUPA should be release early 4Q at the latest. So who knows what phone it'll be or even how soon LTE will be available.
    02-24-11 09:11 PM
    The Bionic is going to have a 4.3 inch screen so compare it with the Atrix wasn't an accurate comparison.

I agree the build quality of HTC phones are excellent. I also agree the Atrix does feel plasticy.
    Thxz for the correction!!

02-24-11 10:57 PM
    Thats kinda crazy to hear because on paper the atrix looks the real deal and that finally att has a flagship android device. As far as plastic feeling, my htc incredible is fairly light and the battery isn't the best but its a great phone. Perhaps the bionic will come thru as this yrs 4G device.
    02-25-11 12:00 AM
    there will always be newer choices to choose from.....

true.

but the choices now are lackluster and boring, so waiting in this instance is a good thing. we are in the doldrums of cell phones at this point.
    02-25-11 10:29 AM
    I own the atrix and commin from the torch I am pretty pleased. I am currently getting used to layout and rooted the phone. Once thay can come up with re software to use the 2cores then it'll be highly worth it. Still getting used to the keyboard but really enjoy the device as a whole. I ca squeeze out 18 hrs of battery life and no complaints.
    03-04-11 02:22 PM
    I think the biggest benefit of dual core right now is increased battery life.

That is worth it in and of itself imo.

03-04-11 09:49 PM
    I have the 1800 mAh battery for my Incredible. I do charge every night because it is my only phone, but I do get longer battery life with this than the stock. And it depends on the usage too. I can get a full day and sometimes it is a short, and on those days I am probably using Pandora or looking at video. I am pleased though with the battery life since I got the 1800 mAh I have two and will just make a switch. And it uses the original battery covers. I don't like extra weight.
    03-20-11 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD