The moto Droid takes another BB User.

The storm was fun. lots of fun. each headache was like a new challenge. No one was willing to admit defeat.
    Another leak will fix it!!!

Well I was sick and tired of it yesterday when a call came in and I couldn't answer using hard or on screen buttons. Had to do another battery pull before it wanted to work again.

I uninstalled ALL apps, bitched and moaned to the Mrs who has been watching me drool over the droid commercials for some time now.
    Well she did it, she got online and press the submit button and said Merry Christmas!
    She has knowingly entered months of "oh my god look at this" and "Check out this app!!"

So get ready for some really stupid questions because I don't have a clue about the android software.

Ok, I'm off to search on what "rooting" the phone means and gathering a list of must have apps for the second the phone is in my hands.

Will see you all shortly because DROID DOES!!!!!!
    12-16-09 08:08 AM
    Allow me to be the first to welcome you.

I think you will really enjoy your new device.
    12-16-09 08:16 AM
    Welcome aboard! Where in Indiana are you? I am in AVON and work at Clarian Health.
    12-16-09 08:29 AM
    Thanks for the welcomes!!

I'm in the Lafayette area (bout 30 mins north)
    12-16-09 09:04 AM
    You may want to change your signature now

Android is an awesome platform, I'm sure you'll love it.
    12-16-09 09:36 AM
    Welcome to the other side you are going to love the android platform.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 09:56 AM
    I too came from Storm1 ****, and Ive never looked back! It's unbelievable how much easier life is with a phone that actually does what its supposed to do!
    12-16-09 10:13 AM
    I just ordered mine last night, I had so many problems with replacement S1 that they offered me the S2 as a replacement but to me it is the same phone just about, a few upgrades but same slow browser (yes bolt beta is a slight improvement but nothing compared to the droids browser) I was hoping they would swap me out for a droid but they offered it to me for $150 so I took it, I see S1s selling on ebay and craigslist for 125-200 so it doesnt look like I will be out of pocket much if at all. I will keep my S1 until I am sure I want to keep the droid (for my 30 days)
    12-16-09 10:27 AM
    I rolled in from a BB storm...whew, what a relief to have a phone that lets me use the data plan I pay for! I have had mine for about a month and I am still learning new functions and customizations. Have fun and enjoy the actual phone working really well.
    12-16-09 10:30 AM
    I will keep my S1 until I am sure I want to keep the droid (for my 30 days)
    This is my plan as well but from what I keep hearing/reading I don't think we'll ever look to go back to the storm again
    12-16-09 10:42 AM
    I will keep my S1 until I am sure I want to keep the droid (for my 30 days)
    HA HA HA HA HA; back to S1 after using your Moto.......
    Yeah um right try it; sepecially if u are not a business user.
    I promise u, u will be back to Moto. There is no turning back.
    I tried it and went crazy in the process.
    I have never experienced. But it would probably be like driving
    a Ferrari/Porsche, and then going back to a Honda Civic; which I
    do happen to drive.
    12-16-09 10:48 AM
    To the op me thinks u should be taking Mrs. Who out to dinner,
    man u got a WIFE
    12-16-09 10:49 AM
    People in Indiana sure has good taste on phones. I use my s2 for business and droid for fun. You will love the droid. Is it wrong to drool over the droid? ahhhhhhhh

Northwest Indianapolis Here
    12-16-09 11:46 AM
    People in Indiana sure has good taste on phones. I use my s2 for business and droid for fun. You will love the droid. Is it wrong to drool over the droid? ahhhhhhhh

Northwest Indianapolis Here
    Drool baby drool................
    12-16-09 11:48 AM
    Welcome to the cool kids club Trust me you wont miss waiting for a OS leak to make your device work correctly. The Droid is great you will love every second of it and wont wanna put it down. However the wife will hate it because she will get less attention
    12-16-09 06:15 PM
    Welcome to our world, I too was a former S1 owner and I havent looked back.
    12-16-09 06:19 PM
    I dont have the Moto but the HTC and I have to admit you will love it. The Blackberry feels so primitive compared to the Android platform.

Ironically, just got a storm 1 from work to demo...........sigh......lol.
    12-16-09 06:55 PM
    I'm studying up, my upgrade isn't until June but it's looking like a jump to android is in the cards.
    I checked out Droid and didn't like the hardware but HTC Hero is awesome, in my opinion.
    If anyone can point me to some useful reading, I'd appreciate it

12-16-09 06:59 PM
    The moto Droid takes another BB User.

The storm was fun. lots of fun. each headache was like a new challenge. No one was willing to admit defeat.
    Another leak will fix it!!!

Well I was sick and tired of it yesterday when a call came in and I couldn't answer using hard or on screen buttons. Had to do another battery pull before it wanted to work again.

I uninstalled ALL apps, bitched and moaned to the Mrs who has been watching me drool over the droid commercials for some time now.
    Well she did it, she got online and press the submit button and said Merry Christmas!
    She has knowingly entered months of "oh my god look at this" and "Check out this app!!"

So get ready for some really stupid questions because I don't have a clue about the android software.

Ok, I'm off to search on what "rooting" the phone means and gathering a list of must have apps for the second the phone is in my hands.

Will see you all shortly because DROID DOES!!!!!!

I'm gonna experience the same thing as you in about a month. Im going into the verizon store, and gonna throw my storm on their face cause I'm sick of it.

Congrats, and double on that "stupid questions because I don't have a clue" I have already started my stupid questions...I'm pacing myself so nobody curses me in a month when I actually have it.
    12-16-09 07:10 PM
    Congrats, and welcome to a real device.
    12-16-09 07:12 PM
    I also came from a S1>S2>Droid.
    You will not regret it. I seriously turned my Storm on once since I got the Droid just to grab the pictures off the SD card and I literally laughed out loud. It really is night and day.
    12-16-09 07:33 PM
    Congrats on your purchase!! Trust me you will love your Droid. And there's certainly a plethora threads on how to root your Droid. I had questions too and mine is already rooted and also have su permissions. Most people are very helpful and some are d-bags, but it happens.
    PS:
    Welcome to your new addiction! (assuming you have any )
    12-16-09 10:05 PM
    My wife also got tired of me ******** about my S1. 2 days ago a fed ex box showed up at work for me, opened it up and inside was a new Eris. Merry Christmas, i love my wife. What can I say other than WOW! This thing smokes the S1. I love it.

12-17-09 02:23 AM
    My wife also got tired of me ******** about my S1. 2 days ago a fed ex box showed up at work for me, opened it up and inside was a new Eris. Merry Christmas, i love my wife. What can I say other than WOW! This thing smokes the S1. I love it.

Now you sir have a GREAT WIFE!
    12-17-09 06:57 AM
    Good to see so many coming from the same phone I am.
    Some of my BB Friends are convinced I'm going to hate the droid. but really whats to hate? I can't think of one single thing I'll miss about the BB. not, freakin, one!!!!!!
    12-17-09 07:18 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD