I think perhaps Android's current popularity is illustratiing a key lesson about the pace of technology, that no matter how big you are, you can't afford to rest on your laurels and expect to compete with the newcomers. Both RIM and Apple are guilty of resting on what worked in the past, so here comes Android to knock them off their perch as industry leaders. How long Android will stay on top will be interesting to see. Technology moves at a blazing pace, and you can be top player today and yesterday's news, fighting for survival, next week, metaphorically speaking.

When we talk hypotheticals and theories, we don't know what will actually happen. To quote the Men in Black lead character, the person is smart, people are stupid. In the smartphone world, people buy the hype. iPhone on Verizon will get people leaving Droid just to try it.

I think you have a point, and it is easy to "take a breather" at the top. When we talk hypothetically, we don't know what will happen, because we are asking a question? Theories sir, are derived from hypothetical questions that have gone under scientific study, by a scientific lock-step process, yielding a �picture of facts.� Once a theory is developed, it is always up for re-evaluation; yes, but current research states, and the theory that "Google�s Android OS is growing,� means Google will be a major player tomorrow, and is not going anywhere, even if Verizon puts an iPhone on the line up. I am not speaking metaphorically, or hypothetically, just looking at the facts
    08-13-10 07:15 PM
    PS: You mean leed. Lead is Pb. Latin: plumbum
    08-13-10 07:21 PM
    PS: You mean leed. Lead is Pb. Latin: plumbum
    Sorry, it is lead as well. He used it and spelled it properly.
    08-13-10 07:51 PM
    Sorry, it is lead as well. He used it and spelled it properly.
    Yeah Xliderider, I am sure we all know leed is not a word. I was just throwing some bait...didn't work, but maybe the fella will log in tomorrow and tell me that.

When I typed leed in, my Computer told me it was incorrect too. )not that it was needed(

Back on topic, I hope Verizon gets the iPhone Q1, 2011. The more options, the better I think.
    08-13-10 10:06 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD