question. after you install the moded update.zip and download the terminal, do you need to enter su everytime you reboot the phone?
    12-11-09 03:05 PM
    question. after you install the moded update.zip and download the terminal, do you need to enter su everytime you reboot the phone?
    Yea I believe so, I haven't tried running apps that require root access without initially starting up SU.
    12-11-09 03:32 PM
    Yea I believe so, I haven't tried running apps that require root access without initially starting up SU.
    so for adfree...everytime i reboot, i need to run terminal and then it will start blocking ads? or once i do it the first time, its good to go with out going through the process?
    12-11-09 03:38 PM
    so for adfree...everytime i reboot, i need to run terminal and then it will start blocking ads? or once i do it the first time, its good to go with out going through the process?
    Sorry, you have to start up SU and open up adfree every time the phone is rebooted.
    12-11-09 07:42 PM
    awesome I was looking for info how to root my Eris...you're the man...thank you =D
    12-11-09 10:08 PM
    Sorry, you have to start up SU and open up adfree every time the phone is rebooted.
    Correction, after reboot adfree seems to still be active, without touching su or doing anything.

awesome I was looking for info how to root my Eris...you're the man...thank you =D
    No, do not do that, this is specifically for the moto droid.
    12-12-09 12:15 AM
    For those that want to take advantage of the rooted phone, this link has directions on how to stop amazon, the email program, corporate calendar, and visual voicemail from starting up with the phone. Be careful, its just dealing with terminal, but you can mess your phone up if you do it wrong. I am a noob to linux and rooting and i havent had any problems though.

What I Have Done With a Droid Now That It's Rooted - Android Forums
    12-12-09 10:51 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD