Not really into gaming, but I admit, this one caught my fancy (was doing a review and applied for beta and got in):

The viral marketing was done well, and my brief forays showed millions are already in the beta and playing.

Anyone else in?
    11-23-12 09:05 AM
    Looks interesting, wish it was available for BlackBerry though requested an invite anyways on the hope that I can convert it to work on the PlayBook
    11-23-12 10:04 AM
    Looks interesting, wish it was available for BlackBerry though requested an invite anyways on the hope that I can convert it to work on the PlayBook
    It just might... would be cool.
    11-23-12 10:13 AM
    According to the Google Play store, its requires Android 2.3 and up, so at least on that end, PlayBook is good. Now its just a matter of if it requires native Android code or not :s
    11-23-12 10:15 AM
    11-23-12 10:26 AM
    Anyone have an invite, they could send me? Shoot me a pm.
    Last edited by spotmark; 11-23-12 at 06:35 PM.
    11-23-12 05:10 PM
    Check out G+... Ingress hashcode.
    11-23-12 07:33 PM
    I have converted and loaded the bar file for ingress on my playbook, but so far nothing happens when I run it....mmmmmm

Not really into gaming, but I admit, this one caught my fancy (was doing a review and applied for beta and got in):

The viral marketing was done well, and my brief forays showed millions are already in the beta and playing.

Anyone else in?
    11-24-12 11:54 PM
    I have converted and loaded the bar file for ingress on my playbook, but so far nothing happens when I run it....mmmmmm

I was hoping it would work, but I suspect it is chock-full of native code.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 11-25-12 at 01:45 PM.
    11-25-12 08:41 AM
    Someone was using Streetquest - run is a game? I find it bit similar to this ingress but much less mainstream, im using it with friends right now for like two weeks and its look grate. Lost of quest with running after rabbit or form monsters plus my personal best - street painting
    11-28-12 11:45 AM
    FYI, we've opened up Ingress forums over at Android Central. Ingress - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-30-12 08:35 AM
    Any updates on Ingress running on BB10?
    03-06-13 10:36 AM
    I honestly think its only for native Android.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    03-08-13 08:02 PM
    Maybe it will work with 10.1
    05-13-13 03:00 PM
    Maybe it will work with 10.1
    Doubt it, because of the way it is set up. I'm no sure, but I believe it has an ongoing system sync with your Google Account and it invoked Google Maps. If it does work, it would be nice.

It still is a fun, casual, "real-life" game. There is a vibrant community around these parts; not that long ago, while stranded, i was able o get help from a nearby player who I had never met in real life. He came and helped out. Was a real blessing.
    05-13-13 03:08 PM
    Yeah if u are active on the g+ boards and on the chat they have u can become popular quick. But yeah its only for droid so far.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-19-13 09:14 AM
    Got Ingress to work but only as far as the account screen. Since you cannot log into Google Accounts (seems to be blocked by Blackberry?) Ingress will not work. When "add account" is selected it brings up the Blackberry Accounts screen, which isn't what the application is expecting. I think this game would work if there was a regular user/pass screen but there isn't one.
    06-16-13 02:08 PM
    Because its based off the android os. U can sideload it on bb but just like all the other apps odds are it's not gonna work. But to update the thread this game has gotten major updates and it's by far the best all around reality game.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2
    07-07-13 10:11 AM
    Because its based off the android os. U can sideload it on bb but just like all the other apps odds are it's not gonna work. But to update the thread this game has gotten major updates and it's by far the best all around reality game.

Best game by far. Kinda fell out of playing for a while, but the updates are fantastic.

Will be good to see it open up to other platforms.
    07-07-13 10:55 AM
    If anyone needs an invite, I currently have two available.
    07-19-13 03:16 PM

How do you explain iOS-Ingress then?
    07-20-13 09:42 AM
    How do you explain iOS-Ingress then?
    Are you referring to the unofficial port? Folks are reporting bans, plus device had to be jailbroken (I think).

I can't believe it hasn't been ported to iOS officially yet.
    07-20-13 05:44 PM
    Are you referring to the unofficial port? Folks are reporting bans, plus device had to be jailbroken (I think).

I can't believe it hasn't been ported to iOS officially yet.
    I can. It's plenty of ios only games that's popular. It's androids turn.

Sent from my T-mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-13 08:38 PM
    Damn I was hoping I'd get to play with this on a 10.2.x build anyone else playing with it currently? Guessing it's just dead in the water needing google services at this point.
    08-13-13 09:56 PM
    That's how it's gonna stay till they decide to ever cross platform release it.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-13 04:29 PM
35 12