View Poll Results: How do you prefer to type?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portrait

13 50.00%
  • Landscape

13 50.00%
    How are you DI users typing most of your messages, portrait or landscape? I used to have a Storm 1 and I got tired of having to type all the time in landscape mode. I recently went and played with the DI and found I did OK in portrait, but much better in landscape; is this something that you adjust to over time? I'm thinking of leaving my Tour for a DI, but I'm curious to hear from you all to see how long it got you to type effectively.

Anybody think they type faster on the DI than their BB?
    05-03-10 02:42 PM
    There is a HUGE learning curve for me from my Tour keyboard to the DI's touchscreen. I also miss the Alt function to insert the puncuation that my BB had. But I prefer landscape.
    05-03-10 02:53 PM
    portrait with swype
    05-03-10 02:57 PM
    Make sure you run the calibration (and rerun it in a few weeks when you are more comfortable.)
    05-03-10 03:09 PM
    short messages, portrait. longer messages, landscape.

imo htc makes the best virtual keyboard on any android phone. i think it's much better than the virtual keyboard on my droid in terms of layout and predictive text correction.
    05-03-10 03:29 PM
    The landscape keyboard on Android is the best I have used so far!
    Its very spacious for a virtual.
    05-03-10 05:37 PM
    I use Swype in portrait. But for the last day I havejust been using qwerty in portrait. Swype is fast but it is a learning curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 06:34 PM
    anyone download any keyboard themes? im looking for something like the moto droid or iphone keyboard, i know the better keyboard app has an iphone keyboard theme but does anyone have any experience with that program? thanks
    05-04-10 12:03 AM
    I do perfer landscape keyboard for typing.. sometime i would use swype during drive on the road or baby sleep in my arms,
    anyone download any keyboard themes? im looking for something like the moto droid or iphone keyboard, i know the better keyboard app has an iphone keyboard theme but does anyone have any experience with that program? thanks
    check it out: Droid Life Custom HTC_IME Keyboard Gallery
    05-04-10 02:53 AM
    short stuff: portrait

longer stuff: landscape.

will try swype when official app comes out.

Oh, and Voice to text rocks.
    05-04-10 10:46 AM
    i actually use voice to text more then actual typing unless on the internet then i use landscape
    05-04-10 12:30 PM
    Been trying both landscape and portrait and finding portrait is not as easy, but more convenient while multitasking so I don't have to keep flipping phone sideways. Huge learning curve so far for me on touchscreen typing.
    05-04-10 12:32 PM
    Anyone know if there are settings for the keystroke on the keyboard. Coming from a S2, I am finding that I guess I type faster than the keyboard can keep up with on the DI. I literally have to slow my typing down to ensure all the letters are there.
    05-04-10 05:42 PM
    In portrait the keys are waaaaaaaay to close together for me to do well. I have to single tap and be extremely careful on each keystroke or I miss it. In landscape, I'm way faster than I ever was on my Curve. Not bad considering it's my first ever touch phone. Tried others and hated them all but the sensitivity on the INC rules and this thing is fast. Never thought I'd leave a physical keyboard but I was wrong.
    05-04-10 06:42 PM
    I also miss the Alt function to insert the puncuation that my BB had.

Me too, every former BB owner will probably feel the same way. You may already know but if you get used to "long holding" the key, it will add the character located on any given letter key. Once you get used to it really doesn't take any more time than using alt. It's all in the timing of the long hold.
    05-04-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD