having been using the nexus one the past few months and like it, the service provider isnt the best but it gets the job done. I have 3g service at work with no problem, at home its spotty 3g coverage. I have been using tethering apps, considering rooting the n1 to have htc sense on it.

When it comes to tethering the incredible, will verizon be charging an extra fee for this option? Im highly tempted to jump back to verizon with the incredible.
    04-29-10 06:45 AM
    Mobile Broadband Connect with VzW is not available yet for the Droid's
    04-29-10 11:35 AM
    Mobile Broadband Connect with VzW is not available yet for the Droid's
    It is available for the incredible through Verizon. It is the only Droid capable of tendering as of now. The MOTO Droid will get VZW tethering 3rd quarter of this year. But yes ,tendering is available for the incredible. And I believe the fee is $30 per month for 5gb. through VZW
    Last edited by stoneynumbnuts; 04-29-10 at 05:48 PM.
    04-29-10 05:44 PM
    is that 5gb on top of the data plan?
    04-30-10 10:33 AM
    I just canceled my tethering option at VZW (rarely used it) and went with the one-time purchase of PdaNet.

PdaNet is a bit slower, but it works for infrequent users, like me.

I agree with the comment above that 3G tethering is way over-priced. But, the high prices keep people from replacing their cable modem service with mobile broadband. hehehe
    04-30-10 12:46 PM
    is that 5gb on top of the data plan?
    The data you use while using your phone is unlimited. When you connect to your computer and tether using mobile broadband connect ,that is were you begin to use your 5gb allowance. So tethering and using your phone to play Pandora or something are two different data .I have VZW tethering for my primary internet at my house (I live in the country where no high-speed is available ) and it works great.5gb of data is quite a lot . If you are not downloading movies or doing a lot if streaming videos 5gb will last all month easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 01:43 PM
    The data you use while using your phone is unlimited. When you connect to your computer and tether using mobile broadband connect ,that is were you begin to use your 5gb allowance. So tethering and using your phone to play Pandora or something are two different data .I have VZW tethering for my primary internet at my house (I live in the country where no high-speed is available ) and it works great.5gb of data is quite a lot . If you are not downloading movies or doing a lot if streaming videos 5gb will last all month easily.

Well, we've heard many times that our "unlimited" phone-Internet connection is really only 5GB. Have you ever exceeded either limit, assuming that they are different?

Thanks.
    04-30-10 04:44 PM
    I also use mobile broadband as a primary internet connection at home. I have never gone over 5 gb and I have had it for over a year.

04-30-10 05:33 PM
    Have you tried turning on tethering, as this article shows? there *seems* to be a standard tethering feature at no additional cost.

blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/wp-mobile.php?p=33903&tag=bitly (mobile view)

05-03-10 05:17 AM
    Well, we've heard many times that our "unlimited" phone-Internet connection is really only 5GB. Have you ever exceeded either limit, assuming that they are different?

Thanks.
    no don't think I have went over on either. If you use the my Verizon app ,it breaks down your data usage. Tells you how much you have used from your handset and while using mobile broadband connect. Pretty handy little app. But I am pretty sure it is unlimited from your handset. If you go over 5GB on your phone I don't think they'll charge you extra ,but they may slow your connection speed down. Its called a packet something or another. It will slow your speed down. But I m not sure if they would do that or not. Never had it happen to me

05-03-10 07:14 AM
    Have you tried turning on tethering, as this article shows? there *seems* to be a standard tethering feature at no additional cost.

blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/wp-mobile.php?p=33903&tag=bitly (mobile view)

No I haven't tried that yet - I am still using my Storm 1.

I am planning on getting the Incredible this week & I will probably give it a shot there.
    05-03-10 12:45 PM
    It is available for the incredible through Verizon. It is the only Droid capable of tendering as of now. The MOTO Droid will get VZW tethering 3rd quarter of this year. But yes ,tendering is available for the incredible. And I believe the fee is $30 per month for 5gb. through VZW
    I stand corrected. I saw that on the website the other day. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
    05-03-10 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD