Any incredible owners getting the incredible 2? I'm thinking about it. I won't be getting lte in my home town until next year. My incredible is in perfect condition but I'm itching to upgrade...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 10:11 PM
    See virtually no reason to go from the i1 to the i2
    04-26-11 10:17 PM
    It's the upgrade bug biting... And I wouldn't mind the newer processor, four inch screen and front facing camera. *sigh* bad idea?

04-26-11 10:19 PM
    It's an extremely minor upgrade for a new phone price...

The only real selling point is if you mandate a world phone.
    04-27-11 03:43 AM
    It's an extremely minor upgrade for a new phone price...

The only real selling point is if you mandate a world phone.
    That and really, really have a use for a front-facing camera.
    04-27-11 09:29 AM
    Any incredible owners getting the incredible 2? I'm thinking about it. I won't be getting lte in my home town until next year. My incredible is in perfect condition but I'm itching to upgrade...

You want US to tell you what to do?

It's your money. YOU decide. There could be 50 responses coming from Inc owners but it's still your call.
    04-27-11 11:08 AM
    Wife likes her Inc and is very comfortable with the size and shape and the OS. Running Skyraider on there. She doesn't want to upgrade unless I get a phone with a front camera so we can video chat, and that won't be soon if I end up with the Bold Touch. My Droid Pro suits me very well, so I'm thinking we are not getting the Inc2.
    04-27-11 12:10 PM
    You want US to tell you what to do?

It's your money. YOU decide. There could be 50 responses coming from Inc owners but it's still your call.
    I absolutely hate responses like this. Why even reply if you're not going to offer any help or suggestions? I'm sure he knows its HIS decision & HIS money! *smfh*

OP. I wouldn't upgrade. Its only a minuscule update from the Dinc1. Esp with dual core devices coming. I would be patient. Wait & see what comes out.
    04-27-11 12:21 PM
    I absolutely hate responses like this. Why even reply if you're not going to offer any help or suggestions? I'm sure he knows its HIS decision & HIS money! *smfh*

OP. I wouldn't upgrade. Its only a minuscule update from the Dinc1. Esp with dual core devices coming. I would be patient. Wait & see what comes out.
    I'm devastated that you didn't like my opinion. I think I'll throw myself under a truck.

HINT: next time, simply give your opinion with regards to the OP's question, and leave me out of it.
    04-27-11 01:08 PM
    I'm devastated that you didn't like my opinion. I think I'll throw myself under a truck.

HINT: next time, simply give your opinion with regards to the OP's question, and leave me out of it.
    Typical lame response. Throw your opinion under the truck along with yourself as well. I'm done with you.

HINT: Leave yourself out of it next time.
    04-27-11 01:49 PM
    Too bad you couldn't have been "done with me" one post ago. I don't like Mac's, anyway. shoo!
    04-27-11 02:21 PM
    There will always be something better coming out, so buy what you like. But still, the Inc2 really isnt a very big step up considering whats out now and coming out. Id say look at something else or wait until something you like better is out.
    04-27-11 04:41 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. I've decided to hold for an htc dual core device on vzw with lte.

04-28-11 12:43 AM
    ok, here it is on Verizon's website.

Set Your Location
    04-28-11 08:12 AM
    Front facing camera and a 4.0 screen isn't enough for me to upgrade to it. I love my original Incredible. I think mine is great and the style is also awesome. I like how mine handles and feels in the hand. I have played with the new one and I don't think it has the quality build the original has. I think HTC short changed it. It isn't enough of a change for upgrading from an already great device..........but for global use, can't be denied.......but for the most part........too bad they didn't give it more features and benefits and kept the gorgeous red accents too.
    05-02-11 10:00 PM
    well the screen and FFC aren't the only things. better processor (equaling better battery), more RAM, better GPU
    05-03-11 12:38 AM
    I like the inc 2 (coming from having a 9630 for 2 years) but my questions is, will there be a dual core LTE device under $200? Prices are getting redunculous. For the price the inc 2 seems like the best bang right now for your buck.

05-04-11 12:41 PM
    I can see vzw charging $299 for a dual core lte device. I'd pay it. I remember paying $299 for a sidekick on T-Mobile. If I can pay that price for a sidekick then I can pay that for a dual core lte device. ;-)

05-04-11 12:46 PM
    Dual core LTE device is going to get such bad battery life...
    05-04-11 01:30 PM
    I can live with bad battery life. :-)

05-04-11 01:32 PM
    ... but my questions is, will there be a dual core LTE device under $200? ...
    I would say eventually. Like any new technology, it's expensive at first. Once more phones come out with dual core and it becomes more the norm. then you will see prices drop.
    05-04-11 01:38 PM
    When the dual core LTE stuff becomes affordable, the 5G tri-core 3D imax phones will be "coming out soon".

I can barely afford 199 as it is. 200+ is just out of the question unless there's a BOGO deal going on, and even then.

05-04-11 02:17 PM
    5G tri-core 3D imax phones.
    those are so 30 minutes ago. Don't you know they are now working on 6G 8-core virtual reality holodeck phones?
    05-04-11 03:10 PM
    The original has more internal storage than the incredible 2
    05-04-11 05:26 PM
    Dual core and LTE are already affordable. Likely has more to do with battery life problems, tegra 2 not playing nicely with lte, stuff like that.
    05-04-11 07:29 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD