This is the ONE thing so far that I can't stand about this phone.

I had 8 unread home e-mails. I went to the messaging program. Pressed something, and they disappeared!

They aren't in any folder, and I can't find them anywhere! HELP!
    01-21-10 09:56 AM
    I'm not sure I follow. You went into the messaging program, hit something, and then they all went away? Or did you bring down the taskbar, and hit "clear?" The taskbar isn't the email program, its just a reminder. Anyway, even if that isn't the case, by default the email should not be deleted from the servers, just from the phone, so they still should be accessible online.
    01-21-10 11:26 AM
    Gmail?? Did u archive it by accident?
    01-21-10 11:43 AM
    As said in the OP, not gmail.

I saw I had messages. I loaded up the email program from the taskbar. Then they disappeared.
    01-21-10 11:48 AM
    You must have pressed "clear" in the taskbar. The taskbar is just the reminder program, if you open your app tray, there should be an email program in there.
    01-21-10 11:49 AM
    I'm not sure I follow. You went into the messaging program, hit something, and then they all went away? Or did you bring down the taskbar, and hit "clear?" The taskbar isn't the email program, its just a reminder. Anyway, even if that isn't the case, by default the email should not be deleted from the servers, just from the phone, so they still should be accessible online.

It seems that if they are marked as read, they disappear...I don't know why. On my BB, they would just stay in the email folder until I deleted them...
    01-21-10 11:51 AM
    No.....I was in the e-mail program...
    01-21-10 11:56 AM
    I can go right into yahoo log on an read my emails..........
    01-21-10 12:00 PM
    My e-mail is a POP3 account that I want to read. I can read G-Mail and Yahoo no problems...the POP3 is the issue
    01-21-10 12:16 PM
    are the emails still in your online pop3 account? check there maybe...
    01-21-10 12:20 PM
    I don't own an Android phone but I do remember specifically when setting up Pop 3 with BlackBerry, it asks you to set your computers email client to "Leave a copy of the message on the server". By default when one client accesses the emails, they are removed from the Email Server.

Make sure your PC email clients and the Droid Client (probably enabled by default) have this option enabled.

The Droid may only show emails that are left as copy's on the server, it never actually "checks out" the email so to speak. So it saw new messages but left them alone, but your PC's email client saw them and completely checked them out and they were deleted, causing them to disappear on your Droid.

This is speculation, but the only thing I could think of.
    01-21-10 12:51 PM
    Easy solution seems you have g-mail, therefore open gmail on your pc and use gmail to grab your pop3 email. I use it and it's a heck of a lot faster getting mail that way. Oh it's easy and free too.
    01-21-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD