I left Blackberry for this phone; do not regret it. I can't wait till they make a bigger batt for it though (bigger than the 1750)
    06-23-10 08:03 AM
    Switched about a week ago from the 9630, haven't looked back. This phone is amazing. Battery life is a non-issue for me as of yet, I have been consistently getting 14-16 hours out of a charge easily, with moderate usage and still have 15%+ battery life when I plug it back in.

However, anyone looking at this phone needs to know that there are LOTS of tweaks that you will need to make in order to get this kind of battery life. Comparing to a BB, the EVO out of the box is like having your blackberry loaded up with lots of apps that run in the background and refresh many times a day. This is the only thing that I don't like about the phone, I had to manually go into every app and setting and set it to manually refresh or increase the refresh interval so I don't have 5 different apps/widgets updating every hour.....

I leave my WIFI on all the time, and use Gmail (push). I am very happy with this phone so far....
    06-23-10 12:47 PM
    Does this phone have LED notification and how is the alert/notification in general compared to BB? Can you at least set a different tone for individual contact?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 01:59 PM
    Does this phone have LED notification and how is the alert/notification in general compared to BB? Can you at least set a different tone for individual contact?

Yes it has an LED notification.
    You can set ringtones for contacts seperately, but on default I dont think you can change the notification tones otherwise seperately for specific contacts without a 3rd party app
    06-23-10 03:47 PM
    I kept mine for about a week before I returned it. Before I start ranting I do want to say that although the battery life is bad I could've worked around that. I live in a 4g area but the $10 a month 4g reception was still spotty. Again, I could've lived with that. I also want to acknowledge that everyone has different needs and requirements of their devices. I'm just sharing my experience for those who have similiar situations and expectations. I own and operate a small body shop where it's loud, dirty and prone to extreme temperatures. I've never had a problem with my BBs taking the abuse, but I can tell already that the EVO is just too delicate for the environment I work in. The alerts and ringtones weren't as loud or persistant as the BB which had me missing calls and messages. I had alot of complaints about background noise and call quality. The build quality doesn't appear to be bad or cheap but it also doesn't appear as rugged or durable as BBs. The screen also seems to be very sensitive to water and moisture. This was my first touch screen so maybe they're all like that just by design and yes, I do know that phones aren't meant for underwater exploration. There was more than once when I took a call while I was sweating at work and the screen would have "water blobs" afterwards that seemed to be etched into the screen. It had a similiar reaction when I tried to apply the screen protector that BestBuy sells which are lightly misted before application.
    06-23-10 07:28 PM
    Hands down this phone is the best one i have owned yet,i get service in my home with no problems the internet is super fast and the cams are great the vid chat is phone and having the hd port is sick the extra $10 and $29 i pay is worth every dime.as for my old tour love the phone but would never go to bb sorry rim step your game up.
    06-24-10 03:18 PM
    Did some further testing last night and I will say deff watch the apps you install with these things.
    I uninstalled all my 3rd party apps and so far the phone runs much better! Android system is more like %10 then 94-96% usage now. 20hrs and still have 34% batt left on a few 30-40min phone calls, facebook, numerous texts and emails and web surfing.

3G on sprint atleast in my area is leaps and bounds faster then Att. Then jump on 4G and feel like you are on a cable connection. It is seriously that damn fast.
    06-25-10 08:57 AM
    Just got an EVO today. Haven't had more than 18 hours with, but so far, I love it. I am really glad that I got one. Was really lucky at BestBuy because they only had one left. I still can't get over the size if this thing. It seems so big.
    06-27-10 03:56 AM
    im ready to toss mine now. For some reason its roaming at work and didnt last week.
    that makes a big difference to me on the Sprint service. they cant seem to tell me if there are tower issues right now .
    06-28-10 02:47 PM
    Is this the best phone sprint has to offer right now? I plan on picking one up in january, since the evo just came out I imagine that there won't be anything better for a while. Anyone have any new thoughts? From the specs and seeing my brother-in-laws t-mo version, It looks ridiculous. I do love my curve 2, but this EVO is blowing my mind.

06-29-10 02:56 PM
    Is this the best phone sprint has to offer right now? I plan on picking one up in january, since the evo just came out I imagine that there won't be anything better for a while. Anyone have any new thoughts? From the specs and seeing my brother-in-laws t-mo version, It looks ridiculous. I do love my curve 2, but this EVO is blowing my mind.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/sam...pic-4g-489350/

there u go.. my next phone
    06-29-10 03:10 PM
    Just got an EVO today. Haven't had more than 18 hours with, but so far, I love it. I am really glad that I got one. Was really lucky at BestBuy because they only had one left. I still can't get over the size if this thing. It seems so big.
    that's what she said... sorry had to...
    06-29-10 10:58 PM
    posted in wrong thread... love the EVO!
    Last edited by trelawrence; 07-02-10 at 03:47 PM.
    07-02-10 03:40 PM
    I had one for about 3 weeks. Loved the phone.. untilll

Once I saw how much the iPhone 4 did everything better than the Evo (camera/video recording/battery) ... I couldn't take it anymore - back to iPhone I went.
    07-03-10 05:44 PM
    I had one for about 3 weeks. Loved the phone.. untilll

Once I saw how much the iPhone 4 did everything better than the Evo (camera/video recording/battery) ... I couldn't take it anymore - back to iPhone I went.
    Everything?

Now, I am one of those who believes the iPhone is a quality device... I'd even say it does most things best for most people... but everything better?
    07-03-10 09:01 PM
165 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD