View Poll Results: For Those Without Screen Protectors Is Your Screen Still Without Scratchless?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 83.33%
  • No

6 16.67%
    Hey all I got a replacement Droid.
    Reason being is that I tweaked my del
    key and had to press it back in place.
    The phone CS rep sent me a new one out.
    BTW this morn I went to pick it up
    and the update screen was there.

So my question is this I had invisishield on my last
    two Droid and it was ok. But there is nothing like
    the feel of that naked screen when u slide your
    fingertips accross it.
    I generally baby my phone I have it in a soft pouch
    when I have it in my pocket, or I carry it in my phone
    holster which doubles as a wallet.
    So to those of u who are going w/o screen protectors
    overall how has your Droid screen faired?
    Also I have a hard plastic case on mine also which protects the body.
    I know pretty mych the way Ihandle my Droid is the only way it might
    scratch is if I took it to the beach or dropped on concerte.
    Thanks everyone
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 12-11-09 at 09:16 AM.
    12-11-09 09:13 AM
    No screen protector is necessary - the screen won't scratch. It's glass.
    12-11-09 09:20 AM
    I went a few days without a screen protector after the ones verizon sells were a failure to install. i liked the screen without it, but i was paranoid and went and purchased a Amzer crystal clear protector and you honestly cant even tell i have it installed. And Trendy im like you i baby my phones, i just cant bring myself to go without a protector on the screen. And as for glass not scratching...it def. will scratch! My friends S1 the screen looks like crap!
    12-11-09 09:30 AM
    I went a few days without a screen protector after the ones verizon sells were a failure to install. i liked the screen without it, but i was paranoid and went and purchased a Amzer crystal clear protector and you honestly cant even tell i have it installed. And Trendy im like you i baby my phones, i just cant bring myself to go without a protector on the screen. And as for glass not scratching...it def. will scratch! My friends S1 the screen looks like crap!
    Thanks gonna google that
    12-11-09 09:34 AM
    I paid 9.99 on Amazon with free shipping, and i got it in a day! And it does fit the whole screen.
    12-11-09 09:39 AM
    No screen protector for me, this thing is rugged it doesn't need it. Not a single scratch on it and its easier to clean than with a screen protector.
    12-11-09 09:44 AM
    I too cannot go without a screen protector on my droid... but it took all 3 of the verizon ones to actually get a good install.

I tried the privacy screen protector and it was a total FAIL! I couldn't even use the touchscreen because it was way too thick so I ripped it off and put an InvisiShield on and love it (as I knew I would).

Any one else have the same problem with the privacy screen?
    12-11-09 09:45 AM
    be careful because glass scratches VERY easily if your around sand. Glass is made from sand, so obviously sand does scratch the **** out of the screens, so if you live near a beach or anywhere working around sand, be very careful and get a screen protector.
    12-11-09 09:45 AM
    I don't live near the beach. But living in LA ya never know when u might go.
    12-11-09 09:56 AM
    I am babying the phone. I think the droid is great completely naked. But I drop my phone it seems once a year, and for that, I have the screen protector and a gray, silver, rubberized star wars looking case. I think the screen and phone would hold up fine as it is a good build. I know this thread is for those that go naked, but I had to drop my 2 in anyway. When the phone has been in my possession for several more months, I may go naked!
    12-11-09 10:08 AM
    I am babying the phone. I think the droid is great completely naked. But I drop my phone it seems once a year, and for that, I have the screen protector and a gray, silver, rubberized star wars looking case. I think the screen and phone would hold up fine as it is a good build. I know this thread is for those that go naked, but I had to drop my 2 in anyway. When the phone has been in my possession for several more months, I may go naked!
    No all feedback is really welcome thanks
    12-11-09 10:13 AM
    No all feedback is really welcome thanks
    Oh good..he he
    12-11-09 10:16 AM
    Haven't used a screen protector since day one and no scratches. However, the metal bezel tends to get a few dings here and there.
    12-11-09 10:40 AM
    No protector on mine and it still feels great. I take care of my stuff but it worries me when my son or someone else uses my phone. I have a BSE skin that I still need to put on but for the back part only. I'm leaving the screen alone.
    12-11-09 10:49 AM
    No scratches here. Just using an Innocase.
    12-11-09 10:53 AM
    No protector on mine and it still feels great. I take care of my stuff but it worries me when my son or someone else uses my phone. I have a BSE skin that I still need to put on but for the back part only. I'm leaving the screen alone.
    Yeah I get nervous when someone uses my phone too
    12-11-09 11:01 AM
    It's next to impossible to scratch glass. You can crack it for sure but scratch it?

I've been wearing eye glasses for over 40 years. One thing I liked about the old glasses, before they were made with plastic, was you didn't have to worry about scratches.

Same thing here. You can take a paper towel to it, no worries. Try that with plastic and you'll get scratches. If you manage to scratch glass you've got to be really talented.
    12-11-09 11:38 AM
    No scratches so far without a screen protector. The bezel did manage to pick up a few dings, and I take extremely good care of it.
    12-11-09 11:53 AM
    I wrapped mine in Duct Tape and it works great. No Dings no scratches....
    12-11-09 11:57 AM
    I wrapped mine in Duct Tape and it works great. No Dings no scratches....
    LMAO ok Superman with the xray vision.........
    Gosh I love CB
    12-11-09 11:59 AM
    There is an App in marketplace for that....LOL
    12-11-09 12:06 PM
    No screen protector ever on my Storm, Tour, iPhone or Droid. None of them have any scratches on the screens and they all look like they did the day I got them.
    12-11-09 12:11 PM
    There is an App in marketplace for that....LOL
    ROFL u a fool man......
    12-11-09 12:13 PM
    Glass CAN scratch and pretty easily too. My storm 1 scratched after a couple days with no protector. Nothing was in my pocket with it and it still scratched probably from a very small rock or a piece of sand. I would be careful, if I was you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 08:55 AM
    Glass CAN scratch and pretty easily too. My storm 1 scratched after a couple days with no protector. Nothing was in my pocket with it and it still scratched probably from a very small rock or a piece of sand. I would be careful, if I was you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah people dont realize that sand scratches glass. Glass is made from sand and will do a number on your phones screen thats made of glass.
    12-12-09 09:13 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD